Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
liquidnitrogen

Nokia 6255 And Bluetooth

Hi,

Can some one please confirm if DUN works fine on Reliance 6255? I tried with bluetooth but to no avail.

If you are successfull connecting to the net with DKU2/IR/Bluetooth please do point out.

I could connect Nokia PC Suite via bluetooth and transfer files but was unable to connect to the net. If you know how to connect to net via bluetooth please jot down the steps.

Thanks in advance

nitro

Guys,

I finally managed to get connected to the net using bluetooth and 6255 :) . I used the generic modem drivers available at the 6255 nokia's site. I had to download and install the latest IVT BlueSoleil setup to work with my Win2k3 lap.

I also found that nokia pc suite sets the modem init string to AT which doesn't work, the init string for the 6255 can be left null or +crm=1;+cso=33 to set the data packet (read this on geekzone or someplace).

The net exp is a lil slightly better (or prolly cause i had enough playing with bluetooth that now i feel its fast ... ok this was just for the kicks :quest: ). I could download max @ 10KBP/s

In case if you have any doubts regarding the setup mail me @ daftpunkrox@gmail.com

Cheers und enjoy

nitro

now that i can connect to the net. i realise that i frequently get disconnected as and when the fone goes into dormant mode. Is there any way i can stop the fone going into dormant mode, i searched on the forums and found that using the init string cta=240 i can avoid but some how it doesn't works for me.

any pointers please?

Hope It'll help u:

R-connect Dormancy/disconnection: Solved With Ping

36442[/snapback]

Thanks for the link.

:D ( I tried the ping app but to no avail. Previously i used to get disconnected once an hour but now its less then 5 minutes which is not at all acceptable.

I called up Reliance customer care and they put me onto RConnect Tech support. When i told em about the problem, he said have you tried "GOOGLE"? I was life wtf?

Later on explaining the problem he noted down my address and landmark and told he'll escalate the problem.

Plez if any one knows a way out of the frequent disconnect problem please post the solution.

cheers

nitro

Guys,

I finally managed to get connected to the net using bluetooth and 6255 :) . I used the generic modem drivers available at the 6255 nokia's site. I had to download and install the latest IVT BlueSoleil setup to work with my Win2k3 lap.

36321[/snapback]

Hi liquidnitrogen,

I have recently purchased the nokia 6255 and i have been trying to connect to the net thru bluetooth. The tel. no. #777 gets dialled when i click on connect but it says that the remote computer is not responding. Can you please explain the steps to connect to the internet using nokia 6255 thru bluetooth.

Thanks a lot

Amit

Edited by Chirag

Guys,

36321[/snapback]

I have downloaded the lastest IVT BlueSoleil drivers and the generic modem driver from nokia 6255. I have been sucessful in creating the dialup that connects thru' bluetooth wirelessly but post dailing #777 which is seen on the mobile, it disconnects with the error 0678 - remote computer not responding. Please help, I am going crazy setting this thing up. Edited by Chirag

I have downloaded the lastest IVT BlueSoleil drivers and the generic modem driver from nokia 6255. I have been sucessful in creating the dialup that connects thru' bluetooth wirelessly but post dailing #777 which is seen on the mobile, it disconnects with the error 0678 - remote computer not responding. Please help, I am going crazy setting this thing up.

36543[/snapback]

Hi buddy,

Even i was facing this problem but after entering this in the init string of the modem i was able to connect. +crm=1;+cso=33 we have to thank for this to liquidnitrogen as he is the one who has suggested this. Thanks nitro.

Amit

Edited by Chirag

I AM GETTING 230 KBPS SPEED ON RCONNECT ON 6255 !!!!!!!!!!!!!

36589[/snapback]

Webmaster,

plz tell the step by step procedure if possible so that others can configure it easily.

Also can i use my pda to connect to internet using this phone (via bluetooth). I've using my hutch gprs to access internet on my pda and the only prolem is they charge a lot for their data transfers and their speeds are seriously slow.

Hope you can guide me and others on this.....thanx in advance.

I tried with +crm=1;+cso=33, it connected and in my mobile sending was happending, but it got disconned immediately saying the remote user failed to respond in timely manner.

I am using latest IVT Bluetooth setup.

Anybody please help.

I tried with +crm=1;+cso=33, it connected and in my mobile sending was happending, but it got disconned immediately saying the remote user failed to respond in timely manner.

Anybody please help.

36597[/snapback]

hi buddy,

I will try to help you here. I will tell you what i have done and hope it works for you. By the way i am getting connected fine and no disconnecting problem.

1. I installed a bluetooth dongle on my laptop.

2. After the bluetooth is working i installed the modem for nokia 6255 thru Control Panel>phone and modems>Add modem. You can find the modem softwareon this page http://nokia-asia.com/nokia/0,,69974,00.html . Download the Nokia CDMA DCT4 Modems driver and install it. Then in the modem init string enter +crm=1;+cso=33.

3. Now make a new connection using the mewly installed modem and try to connect.

That should be it.

Hope it helps.

Amit

Anybody please help.

36597[/snapback]

hi buddy,

I will try to help you here. I will tell you what i have done and hope it works for you. By the way i am getting connected fine and no disconnecting problem.

1. I installed a bluetooth dongle on my laptop.

2. After the bluetooth is working i installed the modem for nokia 6255 thru Control Panel>phone and modems>Add modem. You can find the modem softwareon this page http://nokia-asia.com/nokia/0,,69974,00.html . Download the Nokia CDMA DCT4 Modems driver and install it. Then in the modem init string enter +crm=1;+cso=33.

3. Now make a new connection using the mewly installed modem and try to connect.

That should be it.

Hope it helps.

Amit

36598[/snapback]

Thanks for the quick reply, I tried with that but now its not dialing now. Should I use Bluetooth DUN modem or this new one.? Am I missing anything here

Please help in configuring my 6255 to connect to RConnect using DKU2 cable. I have a DKU2 and the modem is also successfully installed, but while connecting to #777 it always says "REMOTE COMPUTER NOT RESPONDING". I tried a lot to do something, called up Cust Care.. but no respite to the prblem. If anyone can help, it would be really helpful.

Thanks in advance!

now that i can connect to the net. i realise that i frequently get disconnected as and when the fone goes into dormant mode. Is there any way i can stop the fone going into dormant mode, i searched on the forums and found that using the init string cta=240 i can avoid but some how it doesn't works for me.

any pointers please?

36441[/snapback]

Even I have the same problem now, it calls #777, says "Dormant mode activated" and Sending and Receiving comes and immediately it disconnects with "Data call ended". Please help.

The solution For remote computer not responding is already posted above

AT+CRM=1

ADD THIS IN EXTRA MODEM SETTINGS

Now I tried with DKU-2 and it says "User name and password" not valid. I use correct phone number which is mine without zero. Same happening with Bluetooth too :'( . I am really fed after buying this mobile and cannot able to connect to internet. My previous RD 6000 was connected soon.

What will be the problem? I checked with CC, they said R-Connect is activated and there is some hardware or driver problem and try re-installing it :( . I did it but still the same :'(

Now I tried with DKU-2 and it says "User name and password" not valid. I use correct phone number which is mine without zero. Same happening with Bluetooth too  :'( . I am really fed after buying this mobile and cannot able to connect to internet. My previous RD 6000 was connected soon.

What will be the problem? I checked with CC, they said R-Connect is activated and there is some hardware or driver problem and try re-installing it :( . I did it but still the same  :'(

36645[/snapback]

Hope you are not prepending the user name/passwd with a zero cause neither myself or any friend i know who uses rconnect has ever faced a similar problem like this.

Secondly guys am really pissed at reliance everything is working fine except for the frequent disconnection. Early morning hours i can connect for 10-15 minutes but late at nights its difficult to keep the connection alive for more then 5 minutes.

I tried the ping app with the gateway IP, and also with ;+cta=240 init string but GOD DAMN THE CONNECTION DOESNT WORKS WELL. How can i fix this - koi hain jo bata sake plzzzzzzzz how to stay online for atleast an hour with out any hitch.

hi,this is iqbal again, hey, atlast you have able to connect to rconnect with bluetooth, please friend, do help me regarding the same, would really appreciate the same.give me your number and i will call you.....my number is 9324788668.....send sms and i will call back...i really need r-connect.thanks n regards, u1s2a3

reliance has come out with the best nokia phone, ie 6255, i am using it, its a damn good phone with all the features, any queries, pl call on my cell number ie. 09324788668 thanks n regards....u1s2a3
till now no one has commented on shape and size of 6255? isnt it too big????? and only 16 poly ringtones??? with ringtones are not as loud as 3125??

36525[/snapback]

36530[/snapback]

hi there

thanks for the advice and telephonic discussion . i gave up 3125 and bought 6255. i could connect to rconnect with bluetooth with 230kbps of speed like a broadband. great phone. still i feel the size is large. the bluetooth works fine.

36590[/snapback]

<POST MOVED!>

Edited by Vishal Gupta

have you tried to connect the rim/nokia/6255 using a usb bluetooth dongle? if so, you must take a look at this... i got 230.4kbps and am able to use the nokia pc suite...

http://www.expansys.es/forumthread.asp?cod...USBBT&thread=20

however i am not able to install java applications on the rim/nokia 6255... anybody figured out how to do this?

I have downloaded the lastest IVT BlueSoleil drivers and the generic modem driver from nokia 6255. I have been sucessful in creating the dialup that connects thru' bluetooth wirelessly but post dailing #777 which is seen on the mobile, it disconnects with the error 0678 - remote computer not responding. Please help, I am going crazy setting this thing up.

36543[/snapback]

Hi buddy,

Even i was facing this problem but after entering this in the init string of the modem i was able to connect. +crm=1;+cso=33 we have to thank for this to liquidnitrogen as he is the one who has suggested this. Thanks nitro.

Amit

36552[/snapback]

hello amit, how are you? hey i am still not able to connect to r-connect on my nokia 6255. i would be really grateful if u can explain to me step by step....also would like to know what is int string of the modem in which u have asked to enter +crm=1;+cso=33 can u tell me where this should be typed. fyi i am using windows 98 at home and windows xp in office...please help me.thanks n regards and waiting for your reply.

Edited by Arun

Idont know much about Bluetooth but I have seen that with nokia disconection is very frequent. Some times phone get disconnected and computer connection is in dormancy, so even disconnectoin will not work and reboot is required. I tried with 2280 and 6225 both has same problem. So it must be the same for 6255. Why dont you write to Nokia, they may have some solution for the same. They are responsive.

Hi, Did anybody try R-connect on Mac OS X with the Nokia 6255 through bluetooth?

http://www.taniwha.org.uk/ is providing drivers for Nokia CDMA phones which should work for almost all models, but I do not have the phone to try it out.

If there is anybody out there who had success, let me know...

<TOPIC MERGED!>

Edited by Vishal Gupta

Now I tried with DKU-2 and it says "User name and password" not valid. I use correct phone number which is mine without zero. Same happening with Bluetooth too  :P . I am really fed after buying this mobile and cannot able to connect to internet. My previous RD 6000 was connected soon.

What will be the problem? I checked with CC, they said R-Connect is activated and there is some hardware or driver problem and try re-installing it :( . I did it but still the same  ;)

36645[/snapback]

Hope you are not prepending the user name/passwd with a zero cause neither myself or any friend i know who uses rconnect has ever faced a similar problem like this.

Secondly guys am really pissed at reliance everything is working fine except for the frequent disconnection. Early morning hours i can connect for 10-15 minutes but late at nights its difficult to keep the connection alive for more then 5 minutes.

I tried the ping app with the gateway IP, and also with ;+cta=240 init string but GOD DAMN THE CONNECTION DOESNT WORKS WELL. How can i fix this - koi hain jo bata sake plzzzzzzzz how to stay online for atleast an hour with out any hitch.

36674[/snapback]

hi,this is iqbal.atleast u are able to connect to rconnect, i am not at all able to connect to r connect on nokia 6255 thru bluetooth,i sincerely request you to please guide me the same step by step for win 98se and win xp,will be very grateful to you...thanks n waiting 4 your reply. iqbal

Edited by Arun