Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
compenn

Laptop Discussion

well HP is providing celeron-m, 40gb, dvd dual in around 34K....

Well how much should I pay for a brand new laptop of given configuration in Bangalore....

Intel Core Duoprocessor T2050 (2MB/1.60GHz/533MHz)

15.4 Inch Wide-screen WXGA Display

1GB, DDR2, 533MHz 2 Dimm

Intel Integrated Graphics Media Accelerator 950 GM

100GB 5400RPM SATA Hard Drive

Integrated 10/100 Network Card and Modem

8X DVD+/-RW Drive

Integrated High Definition Audio

Intel PRO/Wireless 3945 802.11a/g Mini Card (54Mbps)

53 WHr 6-cell Lithium Ion Primary Battery

Windows Vista Capable

Microsoft Windows XP Home Service Pack 2, English

PC Backup, 90-day Trial English

Image Restore

Adobe Acrobat Reader 6.0

CyberLink PowerDVD v5.7 Decoding Sofware for DVD Drives

Sonic Digital Media, v7.0, My DVD

Network Associates McAfee 7.0,English,90-day Trial

Corel WordPerfect 12 plus Trial of Quartro Pro and Presentations

1 Year Limited Warranty

Warranty Support,Initial Year

PC Restore Recovery System by Symantec

Basic digital Music,Photo and Game experience

I mean as on today... How much would this configuration cost me...

hehe i would just pay for the hardware :P

software i would get it for free :D

Edited by abhay

It doesn't depend on the place, but on the brand/company. HP would cost you Rs.65000+ for a similar configuration, and the nearest one is HP Pavilion DV5200TX (Windows XP Professional will be an addon to the price as it comes with XP Home)

wait for a week I'll post how much I got it for.... M sure you all will jump off your seats.... when I say that I mean it...

uh man, please don't keep us in a suspense... reveal the secret now ! :angry:

Edited by Nirvana

14 tips from ASUS India, to keep your laptop fit !

Buying a notebook PC is easy, but taking care of one is equally essential. ASUS India, a leading manufacturer of notebook computers, guides notebook-users on the proper usage and maintenance of notebook PCs.

Laptops and notebooks are terms that are often used interchangeably as both are portable computers. However, there is a slight difference between the two: notebooks are generally thinner than laptops.

Given below are some basic tips suggested by ASUS which would help users ensure a long life for their notebook:

• Do not place the notebook on uneven or unstable work surfaces. Seek servicing if the casing has been damaged.
  • Do not place or drop objects on top of the notebook and do not shove any foreign objects into the notebook PC.
  • Do not press or touch the display panel.
  • Do not place together with small items that may scratch or enter the notebook PC.
  • Do not expose to or use near liquids, rain or moisture.
  • Do not use the modem during an electrical storm.
  • Do not expose to strong magnetic or electrical fields.
  • Do not throw batteries in any fire as they may explode. Check local codes for special battery disposal instructions.
  • Do not leave the notebook PC on your lap or any part of the body while it is turned ON or is charging in order to prevent discomfort or injury from heat exposure.
  • Do not expose to extreme temperatures below 0°C (32°F), otherwise the notebook PC may not boot.
  • Do not expose to extreme temperatures above 50°C (122°F) or to direct sunlight.
  • Do not block the fan vents!
  • Input rating: Must only receive power input of 19VDC, 3.42A (65W).
  • Safe temperature: This notebook PC should only be used in environments with ambient temperatures between 0°C (32°F) and 35°C (95°F).

Hey guys..I am doing MBA and its compulsory for me to have notebook..my college(welingkars) is providing us with notebook and following is its config for Rs. 48750/-.. Please suggest me; wht to do buy it frm college or i ll get some better deal elsewhere..

I have some concerns abt AMD as i personally prefer intel also.. for pice at which they r offering is simply seperb.. am bit confused.. so guys sugest me wht to do.. is AMD worth it??

Specifications HP

Processor AMD Turion™ 64 X2 Mobile Technology Processor TL-50; (1.6-GHz, 256-KBx2 L2 cache)

Chipset ATI Radeon® Xpress 1150 Chipset

Memory 1 GB DDR2

Hard drive 80 GB 5400 rpm

Optical drive DVD RW

Display 15” XGA TFT Screen

Graphics ATI Radeon® Xpress 1150, up to 128 MB shared system

Security Bio-Metric Fingerprint Reader

Audio ADI SoundMAX Professional—16 bit stereo sound

Communications Wireless LAN 802.11a/b/g; Bluetooth 2.0; Gigabit 10/100/1000

Ports/connectors 3 USB 2.0 ports, VGA, mic in, line out, integrated mic, IEEE

Keyboard Full Size Keyboard

Pointing Device Touchpad with scroll zone and HP Biometric Fingerprint Sensor

Battery 6 cell Li-Ion Battery with 4 Hrs 30 Min. with Primary battery.

OS Windows XP Professional

Weight (min.) Sleek industrial design starting at 5.7 lb/2.7 kg and 1.2-inch/30.3

Carry Case Yes

Warranty 3 Year International Warranty

wow, that defenitely is a good deal at 48k ! The AMD Turion 64 X2 does fare as much as the Intel Core Duo in terms of performace as both are geared for multi-tasking performance and longer battery life. I would recommend you to go for it.

friends

Before buying laptop make sure that the LCD quality is good.

Recently 4 of my friends had the display damaged. All four were Toshiba Portege.

Giving slighest pressure on the LCD screen can get it damaged.

Not sure whether this is covered in guarantee???

True... one of my friend using Toshiba (imported from USA) has a vertical line across the screen now, and another friend having HP (imported from the Gulf) is having the same problem in his screen. Interestingly, the line appeared after the expiry of "guarentee period" for both !

its not just a line Arun. On applying the slightest pressure on the screen which can happen accidentally at any time, the screen cracks up and one area of lcd screen becomes totally defective. for all my friends this happend accidentally. any idea whether the screen needs to be totally replaced or can it be repaired??

buddy i don't know much abt laptops but i don't think LCD's* can be repaired it has to be replaced

vmsanghrajka don't worry abt AMD its a good processor and one more point

*i don't think u can get a cheaper deal than from a college !! my cousin is also doing a MBA who got a lap top @ dirt cheap price

I recently got Dell Inspiron E1505 imported from usa i dont know i might be under warranty or not but still i have not recived any problem from its side.. the screen qualtiy is clear and crispy... still playing out with its ... I will let u know how is it in few days........

I forgot to mention its price i got in 751$ ..

well HP is providing celeron-m, 40gb, dvd dual in around 34K....

Well how much should I pay for a brand new laptop of given configuration in Bangalore....

Intel Core Duoprocessor T2050 (2MB/1.60GHz/533MHz)

15.4 Inch Wide-screen WXGA Display

1GB, DDR2, 533MHz 2 Dimm

Intel Integrated Graphics Media Accelerator 950 GM

100GB 5400RPM SATA Hard Drive

Integrated 10/100 Network Card and Modem

8X DVD+/-RW Drive

Integrated High Definition Audio

Intel PRO/Wireless 3945 802.11a/g Mini Card (54Mbps)

53 WHr 6-cell Lithium Ion Primary Battery

Windows Vista Capable

Microsoft Windows XP Home Service Pack 2, English

PC Backup, 90-day Trial English

Image Restore

Adobe Acrobat Reader 6.0

CyberLink PowerDVD v5.7 Decoding Sofware for DVD Drives

Sonic Digital Media, v7.0, My DVD

Network Associates McAfee 7.0,English,90-day Trial

Corel WordPerfect 12 plus Trial of Quartro Pro and Presentations

1 Year Limited Warranty

Warranty Support,Initial Year

PC Restore Recovery System by Symantec

Basic digital Music,Photo and Game experience

I mean as on today... How much would this configuration cost me...

Sorry for the late reply its the same Dell Inspiron e1505 $739 thats around 34K thats it...

Reasons for Delay:-I was waiting to get the Piece before I worked out how much it cost me finally... It was under an offer around Independence Day(I mean their Independence Day)

By the way I just looked at my system clock Happy Independence Day all

buddy i don't know much abt laptops but i don't think LCD's* can be repaired it has to be replaced

vmsanghrajka don't worry abt AMD its a good processor and one more point

*i don't think u can get a cheaper deal than from a college !! my cousin is also doing a MBA who got a lap top @ dirt cheap price

thnks abhay.. :lol: .. i have booked it..

Can somebody please give a comparison in layman terms on Intel Duo Core processor, Intel Pentium M processor and AMD Turion 64X2 processor.

Intel Pentium M Processor is the first breed of mobile processors from Intel meant for laptops. It is optimised for power efficiency, a vital characteristic for extending a laptop's battery life. It also runs with very low average power consumption and much lower heat output than desktop processors, which is important for laptops.

Intel Core Duo is the next generation of processors using the Pentium M microarchitecture. It can help to run multiple programs without crashing (if you run large programs simultaneously you may find this helpful). Intel Core 2 Duo is the successor and is now available for laptops as well and is even better in performance.

AMD Turion 64X2 processor is the AMD counterpart for Intel Core Duo.

Intel Pentium M Processor is the first breed of mobile processors from Intel meant for laptops. It is optimised for power efficiency, a vital characteristic for extending a laptop's battery life. It also runs with very low average power consumption and much lower heat output than desktop processors, which is important for laptops.

Intel Core Duo is the next generation of processors using the Pentium M microarchitecture. It can help to run multiple programs without crashing (if you run large programs simultaneously you may find this helpful). Intel Core 2 Duo is the successor and is now available for laptops as well and is even better in performance.

AMD Turion 64X2 processor is the AMD counterpart for Intel Core Duo.

Is it possible to change only the processor to core 2 duo mobile on laptops already running on pentium m

Is it true that Pentium core Duo gives better performance than intel pentium 4 processor.

Also AMD 64X2 is 64 bit. Is intel Duo core 32 or 64 bit?

How much would a folowing config cost and the nearest model that somebody can suggest.

Intel Core Duo T2300 /AMD Turion 64x2 Processor (preferabbly AMD)

15.4 inch/17 inch screen(preferrably 17")

1GB RAM 667MHz FSB.

Win XP Pro/Home/Media center edition(preferrbly media center)

DVD writer.

Please suggest me a model in HP,DELL,LG,IBM with link if possible.

My budget is around INR 62,000.

Also what is so bad about celeron 1.5GHz processor that people dont wanna go for it???

Do all laptops have PCMIA slot where once can insert Reliance/Airtel data card.

Whats the difference between Airtel and Reliance data card. Whats the spped for both?

Edited by compenn

go for dell inspiron series..you can configure online.. www.dell.co.in

Is it possible to change only the processor to core 2 duo mobile on laptops already running on pentium m
No
Is it true that Pentium core Duo gives better performance than intel pentium 4 processor.

Yes

Also AMD 64X2 is 64 bit. Is intel Duo core 32 or 64 bit?
Intel Duo core is 32 bit. However, Intel Core 2 is 64 bit.
Please suggest me a model in HP,DELL,LG,IBM with link if possible

My budget is around INR 62,000.

HP Compaq nx6325

Also what is so bad about celeron 1.5GHz processor that people dont wanna go for it???

Nothing is bad about it, but why do you want to dig up something that is quite old now ?

Most of them have it, but check before you buy !

Whats the difference between Airtel and Reliance data card. Whats the spped for both?

Not much, other than the technology used (GSM and CDMA). Speed is better on the Reliance data card since it capable of more speed, however I've heard the Airtel data card does get comparable speeds too.

Most of them have it, but check before you buy !

Most of them, THESE DAYS, dont have PCMCIA slots, including HP, COMPAQ andd DELL (clearly mentioned in their website, if u pick a model and see the detailed configuration).

But Most or all of the models of LENOVO have it.

Pls make sure to check it before u buy coz I am the one who has faced major problem because of this and I am having just 2 days used PCMCIA card lying idle with me because I did not confirm it before buying a compaq v3070tu.

Reliance USB data card is now available in the market.... soon we can expect Express slot card.