Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
sunandoghosh

Edge Enabled Nokia Handset of Highest Class...

NOKIA handset + EDGDE enabled of highest class...in India!!!

Hi mobile geeks (as well as computer geeks)...

I am planning to purchase a NOKIA handset very soon may be in next 4-5 days...

WHAT I WANT:

a. MOST IMPORATNT MUST FEATURE:

The nokia handset must be EDGE enabled (not merely GPRS) and that too of highest class (those who r aware even EDGE and GPRS are of various classes like 3,4, 10 etc etc) available in India.

The above is the most important feature required and may be the only feature required apart from being bluettoth enabled.

b. Preferably (second requirement: imporatnt but not MUST):

bluetooth enabled.

MISCELLANEOUS:

All other features whether they r there or not does not matter to me in any way...if they r there good...if not no regrets....

As u must have understood I am planning to use internet access on computer through mobile office airtel through Nokia EDGE handset.

Please advice considering that two features

a. EDGE of highest class in India...AND

b. Bluetooth

must be present and COST should be minimum for above two features.

Rest features do not matter at all.

But yes if by spending more say rs 1000 or say rs 2000; i can get substantial other features than what i want...then please advise that also...

My budget is quite quite flexible but want something around rs 8000 - 10000 maximum (although its flexible and can be increased)...

---------------

Also which bluetooth dongle and bluetooth enabled headset is best...???? for the headset advised above by you..??????????

If you want to add something or suggest otherwise or for that matter anything please feel free to do so; so that informed decision making is possible.

Thanks as always for valuable insights and help.

Best regards

<TOPIC MOVED!>

Edited by Vishal Gupta

go for 6230i this wil fulfil all your needs

Edited by Vishal Gupta

Nokia 6220 or 6230i. Best BT headset is of sony ericssons, even Logitech offering some good models. IBM bluetooth dongle is only dongle i know offered by recognised co.

6230i has all the features but it does not have a smbian OS and its screen is small.

Other choices in increasing price order are Nokia 3230, Nokia 6630 and Nokia 6681.

I'm also looking for a good EDGE enabled handset without a Camera but probably Nokia wants all of us to have camera phones and make MMS :D<_< .

Why dont they manufacture a phone with all the features without camera because its the camera which increases the cost.

Nokia 6020 also has edge & camera , no memory card, costs around 8K.

Has anyone used EDGE? Is it any good? Which service providers are offering this now and where? And of course how much does it cost?

Has anyone used EDGE? Is it any good? Which service providers are offering this now and where? And of course how much does it cost?

36469[/snapback]

And wat will be the speed of internet connection with EDGE?

ok one more question

What will be speed in WiMax?

And also...

What will be the difference b/w differnt Classes of EDGE/GPRS

is it only w.r.to speeds?

Nokia3230 its EDGE is best i have tested annd link speed with airtel GPRS that i have got is 460 Kbps in delhi. only problem with the handset is that its Symbian OS is buggy otherwise features wise this is a very good handset