Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
setu_garg

Nokia 6155 CDMA

Check this out: http://www.nokia.co.in/nokia/0,8764,72118,00.html

Some key features:

- Integrated 1 megapixel camera with flash LED and 8x digital zoom

- Video download, record and playback

- 16MB internal dynamic memory for more space to store downloaded games and applications

- Large internal 262K color display (128 x 160 pixels)

- Customizable 65K color external display (96 x 65 pixels)

- Integrated FM radio

- 64 polyphonic MIDI, MP3 and video ringtones

- Audio and video streaming

- Java™ games and applications available for download for phone customization and personalization

One of the drawbacks that I see is no expandable memory. What would I do with a megapizel cam and MP3 phone with only 16 MB memory <_< ? Else, this phone seems better than 6255.

Some of my sources at DAKC told me that this phone is under consideration by Reliance and maybe launched soon. The price may also be lesser than 6255 :help: .

post-431-1122282111_thumb.jpg

but yaar will this come over rim network

desijallad

i believe no, coz the nokia care helpine ppl say that phones listed on www.nokia.co.in will be launched in india.

also the the phone looks kewl but doesn't support bluetooth either

p.s- the above link is of nokia's asia-pacific site and not india's

Edited by gids

In New Orleans at the 2005 CTIA show, Nokia introduced a trio of new CDMA handsets for the Americas market. The highest-end model is the 6155, a 125g (4.4oz) 1xRTT handset that sports a megapixel camera that is capable of record 15fps video clips. The handset measures up at 86mm X 45mm x 26mm (3.4" X 1.79" x 1.02").

The 6155 makes use of a 262k color display, though it is not nearly as bright and colorful as most of the other 262k units seen recently. Nokia expects the 6155's 1070mAh battery to be good for up to 4 hours of talk time or 20 days of standby time. That's a lofty claim, but perhaps they can pull it off with such a large capacity battery. Other features include a built-in FM radio, a hands free speakerphone, and MP3/AAC music ringtone support.

Hitting in the cleanup spot is the Nokia 6155, a compact fold-style camera phone featuring a wide selection of powerful wireless features. For high-quality imaging, the Nokia 6155 phone features a 1-megapixel camera with 8x digital zoom, built-in LED flash and support for video recording and playback at a full 15 frames per second. The Nokia 6155 features dual TFT color screens, including a 262K color primary display that makes viewing streaming video content or using advanced downloadable applications with 3D graphics and animation a true multimedia experience.

An available mapping, routing and navigation system provides Nokia 6155 users with high quality graphical maps and turn-by-turn instructions via text, voice and graphics. The system also includes an extensive list of points of interest - such as restaurants, bars and hotels - and can provide not only directions to these locations, but send information to friends via text messaging and directly dial the establishment from within the navigation application.

The Nokia 6155 also supports enhanced voice command functionality and a multitude of ring tone options. Enhanced Voice Commands allow the Nokia 6155 to recognize speech for dialing and often-used commands without the need for the user to record 'tags' to train the device first. For the highest-quality ring tones, the Nokia 6155 supports 64 voice polyphonic ring tones, true musical tones in MP3 and AAC formats, and even video ring tones that add visual excitement to incoming calls.

post-3022-1126721794_thumb.jpg

has it been launched thru RIM

Nope. It has been launched in USA only. It would take atleast 6 more months to be launched in India.

Nokia 6155: All-around performer and rookie-of-the-year candidate :(

Nokia 6155 is the stepped up version of the 3155 and adds 1 mega pixel camera, color external display, 16 mb of shared memory, Push-to-Talk and is expected to be available Q4 2005. The interesting part about the 6155 is that it will ship with pre-built GPS mapping and navigational software which will be able to give you turn-by-turn direction. The price range will be about $150 to $200.

Hitting in the cleanup spot is the Nokia 6155, a compact fold-style camera phone featuring a wide selection of powerful wireless features. For high-quality imaging, the Nokia 6155 phone features a 1-megapixel camera with 8x digital zoom, built-in LED flash and support for video recording and playback at a full 15 frames per second. The Nokia 6155 features dual TFT color screens, including a 262K color primary display that makes viewing streaming video content or using advanced downloadable applications with 3D graphics and animation a true multimedia experience.

An available mapping, routing and navigation system provides Nokia 6155 users with high quality graphical maps and turn-by-turn instructions via text, voice and graphics. The system also includes an extensive list of points of interest - such as restaurants, bars and hotels - and can provide not only directions to these locations, but send information to friends via text messaging and directly dial the establishment from within the navigation application.

The Nokia 6155 also supports enhanced voice command functionality and a multitude of ring tone options. Enhanced Voice Commands allow the Nokia 6155 to recognize speech for dialing and often-used commands without the need for the user to record 'tags' to train the device first. For the highest-quality ring tones, the Nokia 6155 supports 64 voice polyphonic ring tones, true musical tones in MP3 and AAC formats, and even video ring tones that add visual excitement to incoming calls.

The 4.4-ounce Nokia 6155 is expected to become available during the fourth quarter of 2005. :'(

Edited by Mukul

The Nokia 6155 CDMA phone has the right mix of features and enhancements to capture all of your moments and movements with ease and style. With an abundant internal dynamic memory space of 14MB, you can shoot, record and playback freely using the 1 megapixel camera and 14MB internal dynamic memory. Express your own personality with customized 40-chord/voice polyphonic MIDI ringing tones, video tones, 3D graphics and animations of your taste. This stylish fold phone will keep you ahead of the game wherever you are, because it looks as great as it performs.

The Nokia 6155 CDMA phone will be available in India, Indonesia, New Zealand and Australia.

Available: Planned in the fourth quarter of 2005

SOURCE: http://nokia-asia.com/nokia/0,8764,72121,00.html

Edited by Vishal Gupta

Giving a link to that page would have made more sense isn't it? If not, then atleast edit the content to make sense out of all that's written!

"BACK TO TOP" !

It is a nice phone with 1MP camera.

How much it will cost in INR?

RUIM option is welcome.

Is reliance provide RUIM SIM ?

I have tata indicom phone with RUIM SIM.

{INTERSTING : my TATA PHONE phone reads GSM SIM data (Addres book , incoming calls, out going calls).}

Is reliance provide RUIM Sim? how much it will cost ? pls help!

my telson rim handset uses Ruim... Gtran GCP also runs on RUIM

Cheers

Ashok

Good news :P

more info is requested to guys.

I also want to know is reliance provide RUIM without handset?

I hope munnamobile can give answer.

Answer given by any other is also valueable for me.

waiting for good reply.

Keep JOSH.

adforsaj

I had contacted Reliance CMO (before i took the TWC) cause I could use the RUIM with one of my other handsets ( a china unicom handset), I told them that I had a Gtran handset, which I had gifted a friend, but he has gone to the states, and the handset was with me... but without an RUIM.

They sent me a mail saying that I can still get a blank RUIM by going to the Hira Panna Web World (near haji ali) on a said date. I could not go there cause I was in my office...

I have even informed Munna that we could get Ruim's that way

Cheers

Ashok

6255 also supports RUIM but Reliance has disabled it.

RUIM must be provided in upcoming handsets to save atleast HCC and other charges like non bill payment.

Good that this handset is dual band...atleast this one could be used for In'tl roaming in US....Currently, there is no handset that support US networks....

but y the hel have they done so.....they must introduce this feature so that they can compete with GSM.....the only thing lacking in CDMA is THE SIM1...if RUIM comes...then the fortune of CDMA cd be changed in INdia...

But guys, I think this phone may be launched in next year. Nokia's India website not included this phone in upcoming phone section. :( It is actually Asia edition of Website is displaying this news.

well let's see.

Till than EnJoy! :rolleyes:

Reliance will probably launch this phone in April 2006 only after disabling many features as usual. This phone will be priced around 18k. But it is the ultimate full featured phone for CDMA at the moment.

Hope they launch it earlier with all features available.

Keep enjoying.

The Nokia 6155 is listed in Nokia - India's website as a forthcoming model along with N6235 and N3155. So chances are that it might soon be launched.

without external memory card , this phone wont be of any good