Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
agrawalb

Ras Over Reliance Network

Hello Friends

I am a newbie in reliance networks but a learning & upcoming network engineer. Currently i am doing MCSE & in that we have a topic of Remote Access using PSTN.

I have performed the practical of RAS on BSNL lines & they are working perfectly.

I want to know whether can I use reliance phones as modems. As we know that reliance to reliance calling is free under a scheme and also reliance phones are displayed as modem in the phone & modem options in the control panel of Win 2000 & XP.

Currently i have only one phone so i have not performed the practical of reliance phones. Also does Reliance would object to this idea.

Please suggest & help

regards

bharat

Hello Friends

I am a newbie in reliance networks but a learning & upcoming network engineer.  Currently i am doing MCSE & in that we have a topic of Remote Access using PSTN.

I have performed the practical of RAS on BSNL lines & they are working perfectly.

I want to know whether can I use reliance phones as modems.  As we know that reliance to reliance calling is free under a scheme and also reliance phones are displayed as modem in the phone & modem options in the control panel of Win 2000 & XP.

Currently i have only one phone so i have not performed the practical of reliance phones.  Also does Reliance would object to this idea.

Please suggest & help

regards

bharat

36498[/snapback]

Great thought.... I had similar thoughts sometime back (infact right at the time when the 440 voucher was launched.... and I even had a few chats with a few of my buddies...) but guess what u can dial a OTA Data call thro the modem function and the only number u dial to is #777 (embeded in the firmwire).

AND THAT IS BILLED AT THE NORMAL R-CONNECT RATES.

on the other hand, u could make a voice call using at+cdv but u cannot send data over (unless ofcourse we develop a data2voice modem to be used on both sides, but even then I really doubt the feasiblity as there will be a lot of error correction needed due to data corruption thro disturbances.)

Anyways.... put the thinking caps on guy... and let us know the moment an idea crops by...

he he

cheers

Ashok