Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
basant_jp

Nokia 6265 CDMA Launched on Reliance Mobile now !

At its annual Nokia Connection event held in Helsinki and Singapore on June 13, Nokia unveiled the 6265 CDMA slider as the most feature-packed handset unveiled by the handset maker for the Americas to date. Among its highlights are a 2 Megapixel camera, a high-resolution 262K colour display, music player and Bluetooth.

Based on Nokia's Series 40 platform, the 6265 is a dual-band AMPS/CDMA 800/1900 MHz handset with support for CDMA2000 1xRTT. A compact slider, the handset centers around its QVGA display with a resolution of 320 x 240 pixels and 262K colours, which in turn doubles as a viewfinder for the video and still-shot capable 2 Megapixel camera which has an effective resolution of 1.92 MP.

When operated in camera mode, the 6265 is designed to be horizontally, and sports a dedicated button for picture-taking. 24 MB of memory is available to store pictures, and the handset also integrates a miniSD card expansion slot to allow for further memory to be added. Also relying on the onboard memory is the audio player of the 6265, which supports MP3, AAC and eAAC+ formats. Playback isn't limited to audio, however, with the handset also streaming full-screen video in H.263 or H.264 formats at 15 FPS.

Should a fresh supply of music be required, the 6265 also integrates a stereo FM radio as well as Infrared and Bluetooth for local file exchanges - the latter of which also appears to support the A2DP profile for high-quality stereo audio. Additionally, the 6265 features USB connectivity, as well as support for video ringtones and third party applications via BREW 3.1 or Java.

Measuring in at a slinky 98 x 48 x 22 mm and weighing 126 g, the Nokia 6265 is expected to begin shipping in the fourth quarter of 2005. Nokia did not provide any information concerning its expected pricing.

----------------------------

Hope this model is made available for Indian market soon :P

Here's the pic -

post-2727-1121575058_thumb.jpg

Edited by basant_jp

as per my knowlege, it hasnt been launched but only revealed. The launch date would be around december.

Hey guys 2day i wen went to RIM town office i have heard whispers dat a new nokia phone with sliding keypad and a camera is going to be launched in this month..and the price is around 12000.............

do some body have more info like pics etc.........

desijallad

Hi Akshat

I think you are talking about the new Nokia 6265 CDMA phone. I checked it on the Nokia Asia website. It is in upcoming phones section. I wonder if it is going to be launched in India this year. It is scheduled to be launched in fourth quarter of 2005. Regarding the price, I don't think it is going to cost below 20K. It has awesome features. 262K Color screen, 2MP Camera and what not. Check it out here

http://www.nokia-asia.com/nokia/0,8764,74933,00.html

Bye n take care!

NetSavvy

Edited by NetSavvy

ya a yr 2005 launch seems too optimistic. Please merge the topic with the 6265 thread.

lets hope but what was that SaLES EXECUTIVE WAs talking abt........

he didnt hv brochures and nothing but just yelling........

And the rumour factory keeps churning.

Anyone heard anything about a Windows Mobile based phone being released? Tata has already done it.....

Check this out: http://www.nokia-asia.com/nokia/0,,74933,00.html

Some key features:

- 2 megapixel camera with flash and zoom

- High-resolution, 262,144 color display (240 x 320 pixels)

- 64-voice polyphonic MIDI, MP3 and video ringing tones

- FM radio

- Advanced audio and video streaming

- Advanced Bluetooth technology

- Expandable memory (miniSD memory card sold separately)

- Enhanced voice dialing

- Integrated handsfree speaker

Its planned to be launched in the fourth quarter of 2005. Any ideas whether Reliance is considering it ?

Hopefully this has Series 60 OS.

post-431-1122281298_thumb.jpg

Series 40 Version3. ( the enhanced version). It will be released simultaneously with Nokia 6270 and 6280 in the last quarter of 2005.

Thanks.

regards,

Mitul

Series 40 Version3. ( the enhanced version). It will be released simultaneously with Nokia 6270 and 6280 in the last quarter of 2005.

Thanks.

regards,

Mitul

36487[/snapback]

Ok. Thanks.

How is series 40 version 3? Is it there in any GSM model so that we can experience the L n F ?

I have seen series 60 in many GSM phones. I have seen many applications for the same. I have seen some phones with series 40 also. Is version 3 significantly different from previous versions ?

Series 40 version3 is a new ball game. Now the res. is much higher QVGA screen resolution of 262k colours and 2.1" screens.Main reason for buying the Symbian based phones was the big screen factor which they are now implementing in their newer proprietary software phones. Support for 2MP cameras and 1.2 version bluetooth is implemented in the new version also. So now a user can choose between a java based and symbian considering all features remain same.

The biggest problem of Symbian is, it is too slow whereas their proprietary software dont face such issuses of crashes, reboots and sluggish OS.

regards,

mitul

UUmmmmm one shouldnt be bragging about Nokia phones really. Features likes this have been out on Samsung, Motorola, Sony, Blackberry and Treo phones for ages!

Nokia has never stood for cutting edge technology, more for reliability and quality.

P.S. Lemme know when Nokia sports a 2GB internal HDD or can recieve satellite channels!

Its too early. It will be launched end of this year so we can expect it only mid next year in India. The problem is inspite of paying so high reliance is going to screw it up badly. Might as well be happy with 6255.

regards,

Mitul

Yeah I guess you are right..... I was going through it's features and they are just WOW. Great phone.

Screw it up... eat it up... strip it off

Its now standard i think with Nokia rim sets... just take off mms, video, wap etc from the feature list.

Guys does anybody know when Nokia 6265 is Launching and  what would be the expected price ? 

Check the site at  http://www.nokia-asia.com/nokia/0,,74933,00.html

37235[/snapback]

It is about 18000. :punk:

Nokia 6265 CDMA phone preview

The high end CDMA Nokia 6265 is feature-rich with an extra-large 240 x 320 pixel display, 2 megapixel camera with LED flash (effective resolution 1.92 megapixels), digital music player, Bluetooth wireless technology and miniSD card support into a compact sliding design that measures a mere 22 mm thin. When operated in camera mode, the Nokia 6265 is designed to be used horizontally, resulting in a more conventional photography experience. The Nokia 6265 includes 24MB of on board memory, and supports all available sizes of widely available miniSD cards, including 512MB and 1GB versions that can store hundreds of 2 megapixel images or digital music files.

Music fans will enjoy the built in FM radio and digital music player which supports MP3, AAC and eAAC+ files, especially when paired with the optional wireless stereo headset. Integrated Bluetooth technology also allows the Nokia 6265 to be used with a long and growing list of compatible devices, including a wide selection of wireless headsets and car kits. The Nokia 6265 supports other forms of entertainment content, including 15 frame per second streaming video and downloadable BREW 3.1 or Java 3D applications - both of which are crisply rendered on the 262K color QVGA display.

are we buying digital cam or phone?

secondly i bought the 6255 for good speed of rconnect but i cant receive phone calls during rconnect on with bluetooth so now i have to buy one more rim phone for call divert. is 6265 does not have this problem?

whatever be the features.. guess reliance wont release it for an year or so !.. until all the 6255's it ordered r outta stock !

whatever be the features.. guess reliance wont release it for an year or so !.. until all the 6255's it ordered r outta stock !

37415[/snapback]

I guess the handsets are now seperated from the service. Nokia now manages the distribution of all its handsets (GSM + CDMA) across India.

This phone is the CDMA Version of the GSM phone 6280 which would be out Later this year.

Here are the Phone features

Key Features

Great compact design in a user-friendly slide concept

Two integrated digital cameras: 2 megapixel and VGA

Experience two-way video calls and see face-to-face as you talk in real time

High-resolution, 262,144 colour display

Capture quality images and videos in landscape mode

Fast WCDMA and EDGE connections for broadband-speed browsing plus tri-band GSM phone with global roaming capability

Convenient email access with download to send images and view documents

MiniSD card support

Visual Radio

Music player with stereo audio

Push to talk

Full Specifications

Operating Frequency

Dual mode WCDMA/GSM operation and tri-band GSM coverage on up to five continents (GSM 900/1800/1900 and WCDMA 2100 networks)

Automatic switching between bands

Size

Weight: 115 g

Dimensions: 99.9 x 46 x 21 mm, 91 cc

Display and User Interface

Active matrix 262,144 colour display (320 x 240 pixels)

Series 40 user interface

Five-way scroll key, two soft keys, send and end keys

Dedicated key for camera application

Imaging

Two-way video call capability

Support for full-screen landscape mode

Back side camera: Integrated 2 megapixel camera with landscape camera mode and 8x digital zoom

Front side camera: Integrated VGA camera

Camera flash (operating range up to 1.5 m)

Dedicated camera and zoom buttons

Memory

Up to 10 MB internal dynamic memory for contacts, text messages, multimedia messages, ringing tones, images, video clips, calendar notes, To Do List, and applications

64 MB miniSD card included in sales package

Messaging

Xpress audio messaging: New, easy-to-use interface for audio messages. Record your own voice message and send to compatible devices

OMA MMS 1.2: Combine image, video, text, and voice clips and send as an MMS to a compatible phone or PC; use MMS to tell your story with a multi-slide presentation. The OMA MMS 1.2 specification allows you to send/receive messages up to 300 KB in size

Text messaging: Supports concatenated SMS, picture messaging, SMS distribution list

Predictive text input: Support for all major languages in Europe and Asia-Pacific

Email: Access your work and private email accounts; supports SMTP, POP3, and IMAP4 protocols

Presence: Includes Wireless Village, Instant Messaging, and Dynamic phonebook; know someone's status before you call

Connectivity

Bluetooth wireless technology: Wide range of profiles and APIs for seamless connectivity

Infrared

USB 2.0 full speed via Pop-Portâ„¢ interface

Nokia PC Suite connectivity with USB and Bluetooth wireless technology

Browsing

xHTML browsing over TCP/IP

3GPP video streaming

Data Transfer

WCDMA 2100 with simultaneous voice and packet data (PS max speed UL/DL = 128/384 kbps, CS max speed 64 kbps)

EDGE: Mobile broadband access with upload up to 118.4 kbps and download up to 236.8 kbps

GPRS (General Packet Radio Service): Class 10, download up to 62.4 kbps

Note: Actual achieved speeds may vary depending on network support.

Visual Radio

Listen to music and interact with your favourite radio stations

Find out what song is playing, who sings it, and other artist information

Enter contests and answer surveys, vote for your favorite songs

Download the songs you buy direct to your phone

Find out more >>

Javaâ„¢ Applications

Javaâ„¢ MIDP 2.0, CLDC 1.1 (Connected Limited Device Configuration (J2ME))

Over-the-air download of Javaâ„¢-based applications and games

Sales Package Contents

Nokia 6280 phone

Nokia Stereo Headset HS-23

Nokia Battery BP-6M

Nokia Connectivity Cable CA-53

Nokia Travel Charger AC-4

User Guide

CD-ROM containing software

Power Management

Battery Capacity Talk time* Standby time*

BP-6M 970 mAh Up to 3 hrs (GSM)

Up to 2.5 hrs (WCDMA) Up to 250 hrs (GSM)

Up to 200 hrs (WCDMA)

* Operation times vary depending on the network and usage.

:'(

Edited by Vishal Gupta

Nokia 6265 Save your photos on the mini SD card so that means my 1GB MMC card is a waste when I would go for this Model.