Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
basant_jp

Nokia 6265 CDMA Launched on Reliance Mobile now !

hope there r some good software..else this phone is BHANGARWALA's phone..

I think buying this phone would be very worthwhile for wadevr price you pay-its gona tak rim to new heights and for us rim users a chance to gt updated..

I'd request al the members whoever buys the ph plz do inform others of the price u gt it for..

& ders no point fightn on the s40 issue..coz evn 6270 has got the same os

i agree that s40 has its own limitations bt lets not ask for everything in one go..as time passes by reliance has and always will make us wait and then come up with amazin schemes which would make us feel hepi for the time we waitd fr!!

N ne1 in bombay who buys the ph plz inform me so that i can b d nxt person to go n buy it!!

How many of us would really buy this handset ????

Im not sure whether i will buy it or not ???

what about u ! ?????????????

:P Even I am mentally prepared to afford 16K + 2 for accessories as we have a very limited options of choosing any CDMA Handset model... Whenever it reaches Bangalore, I will the among the first 50 to buy this handset... :):blink:

Another Review for 6265 from About.com

About.com 6265

This has something called a PTT (Push to Talk). :P Now cell phones are getting used like Walkie Talkies ?. Oh god i m way behind in Technology ! :)

One more Scary thing i heard from a RWW Executive was the Price is 7900/-.. What???? :blink:

Well i dont guess any thing less than 13k?

A lot of phones have PTT but this service is not provided by most service providers...for e.g. Hutch had started it a long time ago...but they realised that they hardly make any money out of it...so its better if people call each other instead of using PTT so they stopped providing this service, really doub if reliance will provide it...the price of this handset will be around 16k..so dont pay attention to prices like 7-8k

you are right xshay as per trend in reliance they launch a high end set n wait for long time before introducing next . there has been nothing in high end after nokia 6255 till date.

do the reliance cater to only medium n low end markets ?

As I had mentioned earlier. My guess is that Reliance might release this during August'2006. Because it released Nokia 6255 only on August'2005. Since Reliance may be bulk ordering these phones, if it introduces new models quickly, it may have to forgo its older phones for which Reliance would have made their payments.

Getting frequent higher end handsets in CDMA will be a distant dream for sometime.

If the new model is Nokia you need to wait for one year before the product gets stabilized with patches or with some other issues.

Hope I have guessed it almost correctly about 6 months back!

A lot of phones have PTT but this service is not provided by most service providers...for e.g. Hutch had started it a long time ago...but they realised that they hardly make any money out of it...so its better if people call each other instead of using PTT so they stopped providing this service, really doub if reliance will provide it...the price of this handset will be around 16k..so dont pay attention to prices like 7-8k

Hey..PTT was started by Hutch and Tata Indicom but was taken back not because of any profitability issue, but because of the regulatory issues. DoT has not approved PTT in India yet and they do not intend to do so in near future because of so called 'security measures'.

Well i dont mind if i dont have PTT. but this phone rox.. I need a phone change and hope this be it :blink:

But when will this handset come in the hands of customer. no one has got this set as yet even on the third day of the said launch.

I can see this handset appearing in the Reliance Web site, though I would not buy this handset because Nokia is exiting CDMA market.

@rahujas:

Relax buddy. The good news is finally this handset is out, it is just a matter of time that it will be available in general market. A caution will be don't be in hurry to get it n spend extra than the market price. Let the price stabilize first.

I can see this handset appearing in the Reliance Web site, though I would not buy this handset because Nokia is exiting CDMA market.

I don't think that Nokia exiting the CDMA market will be of much concern atleast for 1-2 years. Later, there may be troubles for finding spares.

Edited by ani_meher

HEYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

ALL NOKIA 6265 BUYYYYYYER

I MAIL TO RELIANCE CC FOR NOKIA 6265 BUT .......................................

Dear Customer,

Greetings of the day!

Thank you for contacting Reliance Customer Care

This is in response to your mail regarding the Nokia 6265 handset. We want to inform you that we do not offer Nokia 6265 handset, we will inform you through relevant media channels if in future we offer Nokia 6265 handsets but we offer some very good handsets with multiple facilities. We have also introduced handsets like LG RD 2690 and LG RD6330. Please find the list of handsets offered by Reliance and list Webworlds in attachment for your reference.

Please find the details of newly launched handset in the attachment.

Further to your query regarding newly launched handset, we would like to inform you that newly launched Nokia 6255 is a very good handset, we are glad to introduce Nokia 6255, clamshell type phone with dual colour display, integrated VGA Camera, audio/video streaming, inbuilt video recorder, MP3/ACC player and integrated FM Radio. The handset supports memory card for additional memory and offers connectivity via Bluetooth and Infrared. This handset supports Reliance Netconnect services (Internet service offered by Reliance) and Reliance World applications (Infotainment services offered by Reliance on the handset).

Offer Details:

The handset is being offered on outright sale at Rs.12542/-. This offer is open till stock lasts.

For further details, you can visit our web-site www.relianceinfo.com or write to us at customercare@relianceada.com or fax us at 022-3033 6565. You can also call Reliance Customer Care by dialling *333 or 3033 3333 from your Reliance Mobile or Reliance Hello Phone or by dialling 022-3033 3333 from any other phone.

Yours sincerely,

Solomon Samuel

Customer Care

Reliance Communications

The information provided is based on prevailing terms and conditions of the company, which, are subject to change without prior notice.

This electronic message transmission contains information from Reliance Communications & is confidential or privileged. The information is intended to be for the use of the individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient, beware that any disclosure, copy distribution or use of the contents of this information is prohibited. If you have received the electronic transmission in error please notify us immediately.

-----Original Message-----

From: kaushik_pandit22@yahoo.co.in (kaushik_pandit22@yahoo.co.in)

Date: Saturday, July 15, 2006 09:43 PM

To: customercare@relianceinfo.com (customercare@relianceinfo.com)

Subject: WS/RIL - 148885

:angry::angry::help:

I THINK ADA STOP THIS CC AND CALL TO RIMWEB.IN

Series 60 handsets are not made by any mobile phone manufacturer for CDMA.

thats not true!

Nokia 6638 for one is a CDMA s 60 phone. dont know if it is still available in the global market or not.

Check this http://www.symbian-freak.com/newshistory/05/index7.htm

also this phone seems to be s40 3rd edition

6255 was s40 2nd edition. will have to look for the differences between the two and how much reliance has screwed this beauty.

But you are right we wont be able to add too many softwares given the limitations of a series 40 phone.

Ok found something

Series 40 Platform 3rd Edition delivers an advanced mobile experience to consumers and the biggest opportunity to mobile developers. With support for 240 x 320-pixel screens, Series 40 Platform 3rd Edition delivers new APIs that allow developers to create more-appealing applications with higher perceived value. Media developers benefit from providing consumers with an improved viewing experience that will drive consumption of content and media. The platform approach, with its uniform implementation of technologies and supporting tools, documentation, and examples, requires less effort to seize these market opportunities.

Now the platform goes even further with the release of the first Series 40 Platform Feature Pack. Series 40 Platform 3rd Edition, Feature Pack 1 adds support for Macromedia Flash Lite 1.1 from Adobe as well as Javaâ„¢ APIs, enhanced messaging, and 2D vector graphics.

Nokia 6638 CDMA though boasting of S60 was never launched. Nokia USA website does not mention this model nor any CDMA models. Nokia USA website returned an error while searching for 6638 and instead pointed to an outdated 638 phone instead of 6638.

Further till today, there are no S60 or Symbian phones for CDMA. Although Qualcomm and Symbian had collaborated as far back as 2000, no CDMA symbian phones are as yet available.

If anyone has information to the contrary reg Symbian CDMA phones, please post here. I may still be wrong.

Till then, Enjooooooooooooooooooooy.

Here is what I recd from Reliance Customer care

Dear Mr. ,

Greetings of the day!

Thank you for contacting Reliance Customer Care.

With reference to your mail regarding Nokia 6265, we would like to inform you that the New Nokia 6265 handset will be released tentatively in the next two days. Hence, we request you to contact us after July 20th, 2006 for further information and purchase of this handset.

We look forward to an opportunity to assist you again.

For further details, you can visit our web-site www.relianceinfo.com or write to us at customercare@relianceada.com or fax us at 022-3033 6565. You can also call Reliance Customer Care by dialling *333 or 3033 3333 from your Reliance Mobile or Reliance Hello Phone or by dialling 022-3033 3333 from any other phone.

Yours sincerely,

Pratibha Sakpal

Customer Care

Reliance Communications

The information provided is based on prevailing terms and conditions of the company, which, are subject to change without prior notice.

This electronic message transmission contains information from Reliance Communications & is confidential or privileged. The information is intended to be for the use of the individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient, beware that any disclosure, copy distribution or use of the contents of this information is prohibited. If you have received the electronic transmission in error please notify us immediately.

-----Original Message-----

Date: Wednesday, July 19, 2006 04:24 AM

To: customercare@relianceada.com (customercare@relianceada.com)

Subject: Nokia 6265

Hi,

I see Nokia 6265 listed on your website. 2 questions:

1. When will this be available?

2. Its listed under camera phone and not video - does it not have video capabilities?

Thanks,

any idea abt the pricing for the instrument... everbody has different price.

first it was release date that was under speculation, then features of phone.... now its the PRICE.

I wish ANil ambani reads this forum once... he shall come to know how much this phone means to people.

When I enquired at the Chembur Web World(near Basant Cinema) they told me that the cost is 16,500/- and I can buy the handset by tomorrow late half of the day or if there is any delay then definately on friday.

But when I went to the main Web World of Chembur on Sion Trombay Road.. they dont even know that nokia 6265 is gonna be available in two three days.. they told me that it will take more 10-15 days.. It is just launched on the website not available with web worlds yet...

first it was release date that was under speculation, then features of phone.... now its the PRICE.

I wish ANil ambani reads this forum once... he shall come to know how much this phone means to people.

Don't ever let him know about our forum of 6265 , if he come to know about our desperation for 6265 he will raise the price above 20k looking to market demand..... Kar lo Duniya Muthi me.....

Even I have got an indication from my dealer that it will come at 16500 initially and will settle at 15900 in 3 weeks time

Hi friends,

Thats the good news for you. It has finally launched Nokia 6265 in Mumbai in many market that means The Handset is with hand in Nokia Distrubuter not in Nokia Dealer. This handset has launched in many cities so that all cities have very less no. of this model. Also very less no. of handset in Mumbai.

Now they r install the RSN no. on this handset and also many software which provided by Reliance that mean R-World n R- Connect etc etc. So it will take 2 days more to arrive in Nokia Dealer. So friends we will definately get the handset on Saturday if delay then it will reach in our hand on Monday definately.

So dont take tension bec I saw this handset. finally it will launched within 2-3 days.

So friends we will definately get the handset on Saturday if delay then it will reach in our hand on Monday definately.

I Just cant Wait to get my hands on this baby :confuse::rolleyes:

AASHAA AAKIHIR MAIN POORI HUI AUR NAHI BADLI YEH NIRASHAA MAIN............

AASHAAIN........................

WHEN I CALL TO COSTEMER CARE FOR AVAILABILY OF NOKIA 6265 THEY ARE SAYS THAT IT IS AVAILABLE AT OR AFTER 20 JULY 2006

Today is 20 July so lets see till evening..... I hope its not July 20, 2007 :-)

I was told by the CMO that this phone willcost 16900 and that it will be available only after July 20th.

Some numerology factor is associated with July 20 or what?

National Roaming charges, increased National SMS sharges and then this Nokia 6265 launch - all scheduled for July 20, 2006.

Hee hee hee