Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
basant_jp

Nokia 6265 CDMA Launched on Reliance Mobile now !

heyyyyyyyyyyy,,

nokia 6265 information for reliancecommunications CC.

Descriptions

· Nokia 6265 is a slider type colour handset with Active matrix, 262,144 color display (240 x 320 pixels) and 2-megapixel camera with LED flash and zoom. It offers a rich multimedia experience with a range of advanced features, such as MMS, advanced video & audio streaming with FM radio.

· This handset is RUIM (Removable User Identity Module) card based. RUIM is similar to SIM card, but designed for CDMA networks. For handsets supported by RUIM card, only RUIM card is provisioned in the network, which could be used with any RUIM based handsets.

· The RUIM card would not be pre-provisioned. The handset service can be activated only after inserting the RUIM card in the handset. A GSK (Prepaid or Postpaid) or a HCC (Handset Change Card) can be used to activate this RUIM based handset.

- Information Related to availability of Prepaid GSK refer (Prepaid GSK

- Information Related to availability of Postpaid GSK refer (Postpaid GSK

· Nokia 6265 Supports:

- Reliance Mobile World applications.

- Reliance NetConnect

The phone is compatible with DKU2 and CA-53 data cables.

Note: The Reliance NetConnect software and the cable drivers for the handset would be uploaded on our website www.reliancecommunications.co.in. The driver could also be downloaded from Nokia website www.nokia-asia.com

· Phone Kit available with Nokia 6265:

- Nokia 6265 Handset

- Charger

- Battery

- Headset

- 64 MB MiniSD card

- PC Suite CD

- User Guide

- Leather Strap

- Cleaning cloth

· Accessories:

- Nokia Mobile Charger DC-4

- Nokia Audio Adapter AD-15

- Nokia Wireless lug-in Car Handsfree HF-6W

- Nokia Advanced Car Kit CK-7W

Handset pricing for Nokia 6265

price will same for all 15,500 - 16,200

:clap::clap::clap::clap::):):D

Edited by kk999

no wap huh

Thank GOD .. Finally Reliance managed to bring the most awaiting handset to Market..

no wap

just f**k off

oooo this is reliance

Reg- WAP.

I m sure u can surf thru one of Reliance Mobile World applications.

But i aint too keen on surfing thru 3" small screen anyway.

People are waiting for this as Reliance is not offering Sony. Well lets talk in the mains. 6265 will be made available to all web worlds on Monday or lately by Tuesday of next week. Price ranging in Mumbai from 15,500/- to 16,700/-.

Lets go for it if you can afford atleast its a better phone than 6255 and a slider phone with 2MP Camera and RDMMC slot supporting upto 1GB card and Bluetooth Technology.

guys according to the user reviews of nokia 6265 of diff countries which i found out frm diff websites nokia 6265 must be having unlimited video recording.according to cc its 3 mins. :clap:

wht can v do.. if its 3 min or unlimited video recording.. v will know finaly how much recording is allowed only after getting the handset.. no point in getting fustrated... so keep :clap::clap::clap:

wht can v do.. if its 3 min or unlimited video recording.. v will know finaly how much recording is allowed only after getting the handset.. no point in getting fustrated... so keep :clap::clap::clap:

What I feel is that.. 3 mins of video recording may be because the phone comes with a mere 64 mb miniSD card (as provided by Nokia). If we put on a 512mb or 1 Gb card, maybe the video recording time increases to much more.. I may be wrong.. What you you guys say :clap:

Lets not compare this with other previous phones.

This is the most advanced latest phone on CDMA

So it should have all the features.

As far as comparing it with 6255 is concerned the only utility difference I can see is that it has a 2mp camera

all other differences are purely cosmetic.

If they dont provide wap, I dont think i will have much use over my present 6255.

Video recording in 6255 used in other countries is memory limited but not with reliance.

I think that is what they are doing with 6265 as wel.

waiting for some reviews.

Anyone in Mumbai got this phone?

I THINK PRICE IS HIGH FOR THIS MODEL. THIS IS BECAUSE WE ALL GUYS SHOWED SO MUCH INTEREST FOR THIS HANDSET THAT IS WHY NOKIA AND RELIANCE DECIDED TO TAKE HIGH PRICE.

Well,I think the Nokia 6265 handset is well priced ! The Nokia 6255 handset was priced at Rs 13500 in Mumbai and the Nokia 6265 handset is priced at Rs 16000 so by paying Rs 2500 more,you get a handset which has much Better and trendy looks + 2Mp camera + Mp3 Player supports 500 songs + 24Mb memory.Even the GSM models Nokia 6270 and Nokia 6280 are very similar to the Nokia 6265 and are priced around Rs 15-16K.So I dont think that the Nokia 6265 handset is over priced. :clap: Offcourse we get Series 60 GSM models in this range but again you dont get the Service and Tariff plans offered by Reliance but I dont want to get into Tariff comparisions. :) Regarding the Video recording duration in the Nokia 6265,I have gone through the User guide of this handset and there is a option of changing the location of Storage of Images+Videos to the Memory card,so more pictures and Videos can be stored and maybe the Video recording duration also increases with this,but that we will come to know for sure only after we get the handset.In the Nokia 6255 handset also there was a option to change the Storage location to the Memory card but only for Images and not for Videos so thats another difference between the 2 handsets. :clap: Regarding R-surf or Wap,I donot know whether these features are there in the Nokia 6265 handset or not.If this handset has these features well and good but If these features are not supported by the Nokia 6265 handset then I dont feel it makes much of a difference because there are loads of other features in the handset to overcome this 1 option.I know many people are very dependant on R-surf and Wap but then maybe its their bad luck. :clap: This week is over so now we hope to get the Nokia 6265 handset next week.Its been a long..long wait and still it is not getting over. :clap:

you can save videos anywahere in 6255 but the length of video is restricted

Well,I think the Nokia 6265 handset is well priced ! The Nokia 6255 handset was priced at Rs 13500 in Mumbai and the Nokia 6265 handset is priced at Rs 16000 so by paying Rs 2500 more,you get a handset which has much Better and trendy looks + 2Mp camera + Mp3 Player supports 500 songs + 24Mb memory.

That was well explained Schumi, These are the kind of comparisions needed now that the price is out. I m waiting for a detailed user review before going ahead to purchase this phone ! :clap:

Anyone else buying/planning for it ??? :clap:

Well,I think the Nokia 6265 handset is well priced ! The Nokia 6255 handset was priced at Rs 13500 in Mumbai and the Nokia 6265 handset is priced at Rs 16000 so by paying Rs 2500 more,you get a handset which has much Better and trendy looks + 2Mp camera + Mp3 Player supports 500 songs + 24Mb memory.Even the GSM models Nokia 6270 and Nokia 6280 are very similar to the Nokia 6265 and are priced around Rs 15-16K.So I dont think that the Nokia 6265 handset is over priced. :clap: Offcourse we get Series 60 GSM models in this range but again you dont get the Service and Tariff plans offered by Reliance but I dont want to get into Tariff comparisions. :DRegarding the Video recording duration in the Nokia 6265,I have gone through the User guide of this handset and there is a option of changing the location of Storage of Images+Videos to the Memory card,so more pictures and Videos can be stored and maybe the Video recording duration also increases with this,but that we will come to know for sure only after we get the handset.In the Nokia 6255 handset also there was a option to change the Storage location to the Memory card but only for Images and not for Videos so thats another difference between the 2 handsets. :) Regarding R-surf or Wap,I donot know whether these features are there in the Nokia 6265 handset or not.If this handset has these features well and good but If these features are not supported by the Nokia 6265 handset then I dont feel it makes much of a difference because there are loads of other features in the handset to overcome this 1 option.I know many people are very dependant on R-surf and Wap but then maybe its their bad luck. :) This week is over so now we hope to get the Nokia 6265 handset next week.Its been a long..long wait and still it is not getting over. :clap:

you can save videos anywahere in 6255 but the length of video is restricted

In Nokia 6255 handset when you goto Menu>Camera>Options>Settings>Image storage>default folder or other folder.Here you can only change the Storage folder of Images to some other folder including Memory card but there is no option to change the default Video Storage folder to Memory card.You have to practically transfer the Videos from the "VIDEOS" folder to the Memory card.Hence the Video recording duration is restricted to 3mins.Where as In Nokia 6265 handset there is a option to change the default Image and Video storage folder to any other folder including Memory card.The path is goto Menu>Camera>Options>Settings>Image and Video storage>default folder or other folder.This option is also available in the Nokia 6235 handset but unfortumately it doesnot support Memory card.In the Nokia 6265 handset also the Video duration is 3 mins by default but maybe by using the above option and selecting Memory card as the default folder,the Video duration may increase from 3 mins to :clap::clap:

Edited by schumi

i think rimweb members have done all possible homework on it .

now only thing left is the actual h/s :clap:

i have found another blog for nokia 6265

http://www.geekzone.co.nz/forums.asp?Forum...mp;TopicId=6341

some more info form there

Having had a 6255 and ditching it for the 6265, I can honestly say, that (AT THE MOMENT) the 6265 is a far better phone.

Ive had it since Xmas week (They day after the came out) and Ive only had 1 issue with it.

I use it a LOT (currently reading incomign and outgoing calls at 20:56:42, and I text quite a bit) and havent had an issue with the slide as yet. Its still as tight as the day I got it and seems fine. It does have movement at the bottom when closed (wiggles a mm or so if you try it) but when its open it doesnt move at all. Maybe it will be an issue later, I dont know. Anythign thats mechanical will wear. The 6255 flip had gotten sloppy and started to crack after 7 months.

Demo phones tend to get munted very quickly.. people TRY to break the things!

I HATED my 6255. But apart from the fact that I had to pay $300 to upgrade to the 6265, Im very pleased I did.

Photo quality is very good (Can you upload pics to here?) and with a large SD card, its a handing thing to have. I liek the video function and quality, Ive used it quite a bit, even though my 6255 had video also, the 6265 is much better.

The screen on the 6265 is far better than the 6255 and while it operates basically the same, it seems to be a lot nicer to use.

Keypad is good, not too small, not too big. Texting with thumb is easy and the weight balance seems better than the 6255.

One thing that corcerns me is the lens. It doesnt seem to be set back all that deep, however looking at it, there doesnt seem to be any scratches on it so far.

I like the sliding cover on the 2.5 plug, its better than a rubber capping thing. Volume switch is pretty good also. It needs a good push to change the volume and feels solid.

I kept the screen protector on it (for as long as it would last) and its still holding up. I just cut the pull tab off. Im surprised it isnt munted after so many weeks.

Its nice to hold, and have gotten into the habit of putting my finger under the SD card molding as the base then sits in my palm.

The charging socket is now tiny and is a real pain to plug in at night in the dark. Not a huge issue, but can be annoying more than annything.

The 6265 comes with an adapter to change any 'older' chargers (or car chargers etc) to the new small size, which is handy as I dint have to buy a new car charger.

Yeah, there could be improvements, when using the clock as a screen saver, its tiny and hard to read, the themes are nice (comes with 4), but some 2 of the 4 make texts very hard to read due to the colurs used and I cant seem to find any other themes for downloading. (ANYONE GOT ANY HINTS?)

Ok, So, thats what I think. If anyone wants to ask any questions go for it.

If anyone know where I can get FREE Nokia themes for the 6265 from, then please let me know

In Nokia 6255 handset when you goto Menu>Camera>Options>Settings>Image storage>default folder or other folder.Here you can only change the Storage folder of Images to some other folder including Memory card but there is no option to change the default Video Storage folder to Memory card.You have to practically transfer the Videos from the "VIDEOS" folder to the Memory card.Hence the Video recording duration is restricted to 3mins.

the save folder can be changed. My video clips are stored in the same folder as my photos which is of course in my memory card.

compatible Nokia audio enhancements for 6265.

http://www.nokia.co.nz/nokia/0,,77331,00.html

some more news for nokia 6265

http://www.mobiletracker.net/archives/2005/06/13/nokia-6265

plz vote for 6265

http://phone.mobile9.com/nokia/6265/picture/

wallpaper for 6265

http://gallery.mobile9.com/c/wallpapers/1/...&height=320

Download Ringtones

http://gallery.mobile9.com/c/ringtones/1/

Mobile Phone Screensavers

http://gallery.mobile9.com/c/screensavers/1/

Mobile Themes

http://gallery.mobile9.com/c/nokia-6265i-t...1/?folder_id=24

Theme

I have just downloaded Carbon Fibre theme for nokia 6265. i have attached it here.

Nokia 6265 Cell Phone Accessories

http://www.cellular-blowout.com/no62cephac3.html

carbonfibr130524.zip

Hi can u tell me the benefit of having WAP in a phone? According to Nokia web site this has WAP. Can anyone tell me whether this phone has Bluetooth or not? Also what is the use of a RUIM card? Can it be used in GSM also? Thanks Abhishek

Hi can u tell me the benefit of having WAP in a phone? According to Nokia web site this has WAP. Can anyone tell me whether this phone has Bluetooth or not? Also what is the use of a RUIM card? Can it be used in GSM also? Thanks Abhishek

WAP (Wireless Application Protocol) allows you to browse the Internet through your mobile phone. Just because you have a WAP enabled phone doesnt allow you to browse the internet because the feature needs to be activated from the operator's (in this case our Reliance) side.... Nokia 6265 is a WAP enabled phone as per its feature list on Nokia website, but the million dollar question is "Is Reliance going to give such a feature to its subscribers ? "

RUIM stands for "Removable User Identity Module" and is used in CDMA phones (the ones which have a RUIM slot). Its is similar to what a SIM card is used in GSM Mobiles. It stores the subscribers account information. Chek out the forum and you will get more information.

Your RUIM is supposed to be used in ur RUIM enabled CDMA phone only.. It cannot be used in GSM phone.

Edited by MoonDrops

I dont understand why reliance deactivates all those.......

Actually my father is using nokia 3105 on tata and iam able to browse ALL the websites free of cost!But the problem is the screen size.

I have checked it out even with LG handsets and it works good.

And the main thing to note is IT IS FREE OF COST! Tata doesnt charge any thing for the TATA Zone, they only charge for the downloads of wallpapers,ringtones etc. And note that tata zone is not the software like the r-world!

just prees '0' form nokia handset and enjoy tata zone!

And one more is all the handsets launched by them are RUIM enabled other than very few LG handsets.

Edited by shashank

guys i have check the intranet website of reliance customer care at a webworld.they showed me clearly written that the video recording is propotional to the memmory available.that is we can have unlimited video recording or whateva space is left in the memmory card.