Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
@ksh@T

Bsnl Broadband Tarrif Slashed

cracker how much do u download 1 day ?? and how much do u pay ?? do u use torrents ?? do torrents work fine with bsnl ?? do they provide public (live) IP ?? do the limit also include upload as well as download :Equivocado:

Torrents work fine with bsnl

bsnl gives public ip

and also

upload cap is 256kbps.

hehehe so basically i should be ready to get banned on many many private torrent trackers :rofl_200:

i think if they could combine two schemes it would be great !!

unlimited 256k 900 + night unlimited 500 (2mbps) take rs 1400 / month and automatically shift the bandwidth time wise :clap: what say??**

this would give us benefits of both 2mbs and complete unlimited usage !! im anyways paying 1322 / month to sify for unlimited 256 k. i would not mind paying 100 more :grin:

** this would be awesome for q based sites like emule and others

Edited by abhay

well i m using a plan that is quiet economical & fits to my needs.

i m using airtel broadband.

Rental rs 250 download 200mb 100pulses free on phone.

add on pack rs 100 unlimited surfing during nite (9 pm to 8 am).

speed uptp 256 kbps.

so monthly bill around Rs 400 inclusive taxes.

But its almost like unlimited plan. since i surf mostly in nights.

Earlier i was using tata indicom broadband which was Rs 421 & 500 mb, 256 kbps speed. i was more satisfied with its speed but it was expensive as it has limited mb's.

I feel that if we analyze our surfing habbits we'll find that among all the surfing we do only 40% is meaningful & informative rest 60% is unwanted & mostly its time killing.

if u r not a desperate downloader of movies & games through p2p then i think 1gb/month is enough for surfing.

cracker how much do u download 1 day ?? and how much do u pay ?? do u use torrents ?? do torrents work fine with bsnl ?? do they provide public (live) IP ?? do the limit also include upload as well as download :Equivocado:

bsnl gives public ip

and also

upload cap is 256kbps.

hehehe so basically i should be ready to get banned on many many private torrent trackers :rofl_200:

i think if they could combine two schemes it would be great !!

unlimited 256k 900 + night unlimited 500 (2mbps) take rs 1400 / month and automatically shift the bandwidth time wise :clap: what say??**

this would give us benefits of both 2mbs and complete unlimited usage !! im anyways paying 1322 / month to sify for unlimited 256 k. i would not mind paying 100 more :grin:

** this would be awesome for q based sites like emule and others

y you asking them to combine. do it yourself

take 2 connections and thats it

on 900 UL there is no phone rental.

cracker how much do u download 1 day ??

it depend on what i want to download last night i downloaded suse linux size around 3.56gb in 3.5hour @ 250-260kbps SPEED

than i downloaded java cbt from rapidshare 8 file 7 file 100mb each 8th file 5mb

it took more than 2.5 hour to download all the files because it was hosted on rapidshare.

avaerage speed some time 190-230KBPS in 2nd download just 90-120KBPS

and in last 1 hour i downloaded easy eclipse j2ee suite (260mb) 255KBPS speed

some time i don't download much and some time not more than 10 mb

i think u can download file upto 5gb in that speed from 2am to 8am / day :clap:

and how much do u pay ??

i am on 500home plan i paid around 2800 to get connection (1month subscription, router cost + deposit)

i am expecting telephone bill+ broadband bill 500+ tax

do u use torrents ??
yep
do torrents work fine with bsnl ??
yep but speed depend upon the number of Seeders and Leechers (more the seeders better he speed)
do they provide public (live) IP ??
yep (dynamic public ip) and that is the main reason i am using it :grin:
do the limit also include upload as well as download :Confuso:

yep

conclusion: no body can download 24 x7 when speed is so good so it is a very suitable plan for home user :rofl_200:

btw so far i have reached 1.370 gb limit out of 2.5gb usage from 2jan to 23jan so i hope it will not exceed 2.5gb limit :Equivocado:

my total usage including free night download is 27.911gb :NOTriste:

Edited by cracker

For those who just access their email a/c 2 mbps is for them only bcoz they can check all their email

a/c within some minutes and chat for some time....... and then they will log off ..... as 2 MBPS is available with only 400 MB download during

day time.................

Firstly, let me tell you bsnl has doubled limits on all plans, there are plans giving 4 and 8gb space at reasonable rates.

And also in my case, i download gb's movies and all each month, i was indeed on a unlimited plan earlier. But when checked data usage, leaving night unlimited timings, my usage comes to around few gbs only (whereas my total download exceeds 10gb each month)

as for night unlimited is concerned that i dont think is applicable for all users .. yes some do download

during the night time but still i would prefer a internet provider who can offer me 128/256/512 KBPS

That would be your personal preference, whereas majority need speed than sticking on to a term unlimited. Where people can schedule hefty downloads to the night scheme and do the urgent with standard plans, 2mbps suits always.

You said you download games etc?. why cant u think of scheduling it to night download. You dont have to be awake at that time. Just schedule your proggie to do it.

Its all the way how you take it. Just that you plan your schedule right and you can make your way out.

Everything doesn't come right to your way as you need it. You ought to make one step from your side too. If you need to have that speed at an affordable rate, then you need to compromise your schedule. Else if you cant spare time, you shouldn't be compromising the tariff.

If you still cant adjust to it, go for a better stuff that might be more costlier. 256 kbps and 128kbps unlimited are all given on tata indicom broadband with rates from some 800rs. if u need 512 take 2 connections and combine it. You need to choose from your money or schedule.

Regarding the unlimited upcoming tariff, BSNL has proposals for upgrading 256 unlimited to 512 and airtel has plans to shift to 2mbps.. If you are lucky u might be getting that.

Hi,

I already have used a lot of internet providers frankly speaking they all ****........ :clap:

I am waiting for Reliance to start offering 256 KBPS/512 KBPS with unlimited upload/download in my area

coz i think Reliance is the only provider who can satisfy customer atleast as a internet provider....

I also wish to have 2 MBPS connection but for me right now its a strict no no as it has download

limitation as i mentioned i do download a lot ..........

regards

rajiv

cracker how much do u download 1 day ?? and how much do u pay ?? do u use torrents ?? do torrents work fine with bsnl ?? do they provide public (live) IP ?? do the limit also include upload as well as download :clap:

bsnl gives public ip

and also

upload cap is 256kbps.

Upload cap is 256 kbps?????? Hows that possible??? I can only upload at around 6.5 kBps. Sometimes goes to a max of 7 kBps. But nothing beyond that!

Upload cap in 2mbps plans are 256kbps

Upload cap in unlimited plan is 64kbps only...

y you asking them to combine. do it yourself

take 2 connections and thats it

on 900 UL there is no phone rental.

how how do u think i should get the packages change automatically

and even if i do it, still there would be one more problem left !! UPLOADS

cracker how much do u download 1 day ??

it depend on what i want to download last night i downloaded suse linux size around 3.56gb in 3.5hour @ 250-260kbps SPEED

than i downloaded java cbt from rapidshare 8 file 7 file 100mb each 8th file 5mb

it took more than 2.5 hour to download all the files because it was hosted on rapidshare.

avaerage speed some time 190-230KBPS in 2nd download just 90-120KBPS

and in last 1 hour i downloaded easy eclipse j2ee suite (260mb) 255KBPS speed

some time i don't download much and some time not more than 10 mb

i think u can download file upto 5gb in that speed from 2am to 8am / day :Sorprendido:

and how much do u pay ??

i am on 500home plan i paid around 2800 to get connection (1month subscription, router cost + deposit)

i am expecting telephone bill+ broadband bill 500+ tax

do u use torrents ??
yep
do torrents work fine with bsnl ??
yep but speed depend upon the number of Seeders and Leechers (more the seeders better he speed)
do they provide public (live) IP ??
yep (dynamic public ip) and that is the main reason i am using it :Decepcionado:
do the limit also include upload as well as download :Confuso:
yep

conclusion: no body can download 24 x7 when speed is so good so it is a very suitable plan for home user :Confuso:

btw so far i have reached 1.370 gb limit out of 2.5gb usage from 2jan to 23jan so i hope it will not exceed 2.5gb limit :)

my total usage including free night download is 27.911gb :P

thanks man !! ur lucky u have BSNL in ur area

Edited by abhay

Ya, seems so! Download speed is nearly normal as of now ...but its not constant like before!

Also latency is around 400 ms!! :Decepcionado:

And upload speed is around 40 kbps!!! :Decepcionado:

I seriously hope they are considering a speed upgrade for us home unlimited users ...256 kbps @ Rs. 900 just dosent make sense anymore!

Edited by raccoon

Regarding the unlimited upcoming tariff, BSNL has proposals for upgrading 256 unlimited to 512 and airtel has plans to shift to 2mbps.. If you are lucky u might be getting that.

From where did you get this news? Any more details about when this will happen. I am waiting for at least a 512k unlimited if not mbps :Contento:

Today in newspaper there was an article regarding Bsnl Broadband speed increment..

and they have said that they fixed the speeds now and now everyone will b getin speed up to 2mbps..

But i read it somewhere that for unlimited user it will remain 256 :NOTriste:

U guys know i hit deal with my cablewala, he is giving me 256 10GB every month for year in 4K.

Today in newspaper there was an article regarding Bsnl Broadband speed increment..

and they have said that they fixed the speeds now and now everyone will b getin speed up to 2mbps..

You dint get the right meaning.

What the meant is they have finished converting all users to 2mbps. ie. back end process.

BSNL in no way guarantees speed upto 2mbps and we do not get that 24/7 too. If you see the plans listed carefully, you will know they have guaranteed 256 or 384 or 512kbps only on 2mbps connections

and for me i get 1.4+mbps throughout average :NOTriste:

and for me i get 1.4+mbps throughout average :D

which is absolutely amazing for a line that is supposed to be 256Kbps! :P Good value for money :grin:

You dint get the right meaning.

What the meant is they have finished converting all users to 2mbps. ie. back end process.

BSNL in no way guarantees speed upto 2mbps and we do not get that 24/7 too. If you see the plans listed carefully, you will know they have guaranteed 256 or 384 or 512kbps only on 2mbps connections

and for me i get 1.4+mbps throughout average :)

I dun know..(i dun hve a broadband as of know)

this was only posted in the newspaper..i copied the same ere..

But i read it somewhere that for unlimited user it will remain 256 :(

U guys know i hit deal with my cablewala, he is giving me 256 10GB every month for year in 4K.

yep..u r ryt..for unlimited it will remain 256..

and by the way nice deal..but 10GB as of knw wil b ok for u..but later on u wil feel that even 10GB is less. :)

The BSNL broadband is going the bsnl prepaid way. Yesterday I went to register for a connection at Nagpur and I was told that there is waiting for 3 months. They have not upgraded their infrastructure till now

i just checked my download speed on 256kbps ul plan of bsnl

rsspeedjj2.th.jpg

and it was above 50KBPS and server rapidshare.com :angry:

but most of my friend from other city get only 25-35KBPS speed !

so is speed depend on number of user using bsnl broadband service in same area? how?

because speed between pc and the bsnl data1 server -- internet is set by the bsnl server it self?

Edited by cracker

Yeah BSNL/MTNL guys are lucky. Upto 2 Mbps! Wow!!! But its not available on the unlimited downloads scheme!!!

I'm downloading from Rapidshare.com this very moment ....and speed is 13 kBps!!! :confuse: Lately, speed is normal at night only... And latency is still too high! (I'm on the unlimited 256 kbps plan) :GirandoOjos:

@anujit i got 50KBPS download speed on 256kbps a/c not on 2mbps and i get more than 200KBPS download speed from rapidshare on 2mbps a/c but only if i select vsnl server and rs is a big pain so these days i am using torrent and i manage to get above 150KBPS speed on most of the torrent :confuse: and in some torrent i manage to get above 200KBPS download speed.

and i have 2 256kbps ul a/c and 1 2mbps a/c so bsnl is unlimited for me :GirandoOjos:

Edited by cracker