Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TCP/IP

Does Your Ip Address Reverse Resolve?

Often on certain IRC servers, I am refused connection because of my IP address not being able to reverse resolve into its hostname. Many ISPs in India have this problem and often I find the need to use a Socks Proxy server inorder to join some private networks on IRC.

Now the question is, does your IP address reverse resolve?

Never had any props on any IRC server as such, and my Reverse DNS also does not work. Moreover I am behind a NAT, so things are all the more horrible... but hey I host an IRC server myself... Pretender and I share files (entire movies) over it!!

cheers

Ashok

I asked on some IRC Channels on Undernet and some say that it is probably because the ISP isn't set up correctly. What do you think about that?

I asked on some IRC Channels on Undernet and some say that it is probably because the ISP isn't set up correctly. What do you think about that?

37763[/snapback]

I am an operator in #creative_minds in undernet... which channel are u talking about ? never had such a problem.... u cud have a situation where ur ip range is k-lined or g-lined. lemme just ask around if need be..

Cheers

Ashok