Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
tanveer

Nokia 6255 Reviewed

Here I have attached a list of features that are available on 6255 as of today 3/9/05

I have not attached the submenus

If anyone is intersted in those I can provide the information

Rworld.doc

Edited by tanveer

He must be asking whether there any update in the R-World listings in Nokia 6255 as mentioned in the Excel file posted by Tanveer.

I extensively use R-World. My current LG phone has everything enabled in R-World. My data usage time is triple the voice usage time. I want to buy this mobile. But before that I want all features to be enabled on R-World. I can wait till that point of time.

The Rworld.doc posted by Tanveer earlier has only the information about main menu. The .xls sheet given in the reliance-site link has information on every sub-menu available in R-World but it is not up to date. Hence I request any one here to use the .xls sheet and update the information on R-World feature availability of 6255.

Kesav R-World is there in 6255 and you can send/Chk mails, wallpapers and ringtones and all the other features which you have in other multimedia CDMA phones. So go ahead, buy Nokia 6255, it would be a wise choice.

There is no difference between installing Applications using MobiMB or PC Suite!!!

Both r different s/w to do the same thing.

Google and u can find many other s/w too...

And The link is correct and it automatically redirect to this page...

But this version is trial and will not let u install applications!

Google and u can find cracked version or can PM me!

You can not install jar files using nokia pc suite.

They have disabled this feature on this phone

Thanx Tanveer, but if you say then you must be sure, as I heard that We can install JAVA GAMES on this Phone, and obviously I heard using the Application uploader of the PC Suite.

But then if not this, do you actually also use the Mobimb ?

Thanx Vishal, but have to ask you this. Since I am new to all this, I am askin this Explicitely. Mukul, replied me that the Nokia PC Suite also enables us to Install Java gams with .JAR extention thru PC Suite, but Tanveer just replied me back that .JAR are not supported by PC Suite....

So, probably one who has actually done this and installed the same stuff on the Phone using these Softwares, can tell me better ?

Also that I would appreciate if you can help me directly here by sending me the link to the cracked version of MobiMB...

Thanx all for all your assiatance....

cyberwiz_007, Nokia PC Suite Version 6.6 let you synchronise your phone with the PC but only MobiMB would let you install .jar file (games and applications). I am actually using these software since I bought the phone way back on 05th July 2005. :)

Thanx MUKUL, I guesss I got the point. You mean to say that MobiMB would actually convet the .JAR files in to some other executable file, which can run on Nokia 6255 and then this can be installed into the Phone using the PC Suite Application installer ???

Is this what you meant ? THANX

No!

What he meant is that U can't install Applications in Nokia 6255 using PC Suite but u can use PC Suite to synchronize the phone (like phone book, SMS, etc).

And u can use MobiMB 2.5 for installing applications!!!

precisely!

right on Vishal

:blink: nice stuff abt the nokia 6255 :) really nice ! i bought the phone too.. but one thing i hate abt it is u cant reject a call (when u have recieve calls on flap open) without opening the flap (that is u cant reject a call from pushin some button outside the flap) which was actually there in my old lg rd6000.... in this phone u can only kill the ring tone by pressing the volume key... u cant reject a call... sad... hmmm wud there be any software upgrade to sort this thing out ? and cud the experienced users in here plsssssss gimme the link to this mobimb thingie.. n where cud i download some good stuff for ma new phone... plss hope u all are ready to share... www.zedge.net is a nice site to find a few free applications.

thanx

Doc

:lol:

i heard that some people's cell phone got destroted because of using mobi mb 2.5 n still you people talkin of using it..... why you people want to take such risks?

coz NOKIA ASC is arnd to take care of it! :)

U cant get the best out of a reliance handset, unless u tweak it enuf!!

thanks a lot tanveer for such a detailed review. i had been planning for buying this handset but with few doubts. Ur review has helped me a lot. now im getting it with this week. thnxs a lot again.

Pls also search d forum for d demerits before purchasing.Atlast ur decision.My personal opinion not to choose it.

How can you guys consider a 12K phone which dosent even have LMS???

hello mr. tanveer

i m amit from siwan (bihar) n want to know is there facility of call recording with nokia 6255 or not.

plz. inform me as soon as posible

thanks