Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
RajanPERT

R Connect Troubleshooter

This new topic is related to the Rconnect Complete Help

Here We discuss the every problem which are related to the Rconnect

Troubleshooting Guide

If you’re having a problem using the R Connect Dialer software, you may be able to find a solution here.

1. The R Connect dialer does not recognize your Reliance IndiaMobile

or

2. The dialer says it is trying to connect but the phone doesn’t indicate that it is trying to place a call

Possible Diagnoses

Your phone is not communicating properly with your computer.

Possible Solutions

Without disconnecting the data cable, turn your phone off, then back on again. Sometimes, devices take a few seconds to get recognized by the operating system. Please wait for 20-30 seconds before dialing again.

Possible Diagnoses

Your phone is not turned on.

Possible Solutions

Turn on your phone. Check if the battery is charged or if the handset is in charging mode.

Possible Diagnoses

The cable from the phone to the computer is not correctly connected.

Possible Solutions

Check both ends of the cable for proper connections.

Possible Diagnoses

Your data cable is damaged.

Possible Solutions

Check the pins (metal contacts) on either end of the cable. If any pins appear bent or out of line, you may require a new cable. Try it with other computer.

Possible Diagnoses

Other software is using the COM port.

Possible Solutions

Identify which software is using the COM port, then deactivate it. To check this, Open Control Panel, Double Click on Modem or (Phone or Modem) option, on Modem option, check whether any other device is connect to your computer through the same port to which you want to install Rconnect Modem. Rmove the device from this port setting.

Possible Diagnoses

Incorrect port settings.

Possible Solutions

Ensure that the port speed (baud ate) is set to 115200 in the handset. To check this please here on rimweb

Possible Diagnoses

Your PC’s serial port is not working

Possible Solution

Check the cabel with other computer or check the other cabel on your computer.

3. Your call gets timed out

Possible Diagnoses

You may be experiencing network problems.

Possible Solution

There may be some congestion on the network. Please try your call again after some time.

Possible Diagnoses

You are not in Reliance’s coverage area, or the signal strength is weak

Possible Solution

Check the signal strength on your phone. Minimum two bars should appear on the signal level meter.

4. You experience an authentication failure

Possible Diagnoses

Your Reliance IndiaMobile number is entered incorrectly.

Possible Solution

Reenter your Reliance IndiaMobile number and Password.

5. R Connect dialer shows that the call is connected, but your phone doesn’t

Possible Diagnoses

Your call was dropped but R Connect dialer is still waiting before it gives up on the call.

Possible Solution

Terminate your call from R Connect dialer and try again.

6. You cannot receive incoming voice calls after or during RConnect

Possible Diagnoses

Your Reliance Phone has been set up to receive data or fax calls only. This can be verified if your phone’s display says "Data Only" or "Fax Only" on the main screen.

Possible Solution

Refer to your handset user manual to change the settings to receive voice and data calls.

Possible Diagnoses

You cannot receive voice calls when the data call is in "Active" mode

Possible Solution

Wait for the phone to go into "Dormant" mode. This typically takes a few seconds provided there is no exchange of data.

7. Your call fails prematurely

Possible Diagnoses

The phone’s battery has run out

Possible Solution

Recharge your phone's battery or replace it with a charged battery.

Possible Diagnoses

You are in a weak signal area.

Possible Solution

Check the signal strength on your phone. Minimum two bars should appear on the signal level meter.

This is possible general problem which are related to the RConnect. If you have any problem or Solution then feel free to post here. From RIMWEB, you definetly get solution.

Wait for More.

Thanks and Take Care!

FREQUENLTLY ASKED QUESTION

1. Why does my computer sometimes say 'Connected at 115200 bps' when the phone is capable of upto 144 Kbps?

When your computer reports a speed of 115200 bps, it is referring to the speed across the interface between the phone and the computer. The speed between your phone and the Reliance CDMA 1X National Network (and thus the overall system speed) can reach a maximum of upto 144 kbps.

2. How does my Reliance IndiaMobile differ from a standard external modem?

Your standard external modem needs a fixed line phone connection to connect to the internet while your Reliance IndiaMobile is a wireless phone cum modem. Reliance IndiaMobile does not require any land-line phone connection. The phone itself has a high-speed modem built-in that can support upto 144 Kbps data rate. You can also make or receive phone calls when the data connection is "dormant", without having to terminate the existing connection, and resume data session when the voice call is over.

3. Is it OK to end a data call in the same way I end a voice call - by pressing END?

Using your phone to end a data call won't usually cause problems. However, it is recommended that you end all wireless data sessions via R Connect Dialer.

4. What will happen if my battery runs out during a data call?

The call will end. To avoid this charge the battery while using the phone to connect to the internet.

5. what should be the strength of a signal to be able to use R Connect?

Data transmission can occur at any signal strength level. However, the connection will be more reliable with higher signal strength i.e. at least two bars on the signal level meter.

6. What happens if someone calls me when my Reliance IndiaMobile is on a data call?

The caller will get a 'busy treatment' if your phone is actively transmitting or receiving data. However, if the phone status shows as "Dormant", you will be able to make or receive voice calls as usual.

7. Is there actually a modem in my Reliance IndiaMobile?

Yes, your Reliance IndiaMobile has sophisticated communication electronics built-in, that includes a high-speed wireless data modem. Although this modem appears to your computer as any other standard dial-up modem (Hayes Compatible), calls cannot be made to other landline modems from Reliance CDMA modem.

8. What happens if I disconnect the data cable in the middle of a call?

It is recommended that this should not be done as it may lead to permanent damage to the electronics inside your Reliance IndiaMobile or your computer.

9. Can I use my internal modem with my Reliance IndiaMobile to place a data call?

No. Your Reliance IndiaMobile has a built in modem and is configured to communicate to the Reliance CDMA 1X network only.

10. Why don't I hear dialing (touch-tone) sounds from my Reliance IndiaMobile when placing a data call?

When using an ordinary modem, you hear dialing (touch-tone) sounds because the modem is negotiating data rate and other communication parameters with the modem/ Access Server at the other end over a voice based analog communication channel. When using Reliance R Connect, your phone places the call on the Reliance Nationwide Digital CDMA 1X Network, and the call parameters get negotiated digitally within a fraction of a second. Further, all the communication is in Digital form.

11. How can I charge my battery and use R Connect at the same time?

The data cable has a power connector specially built to accept power and charge the phone battery while you are using it as a modem.

12. Can I connect to my existing ISP account using Reliance IndiaMobile?

No. Your Reliance IndiaMobile is configured to connect to the Reliance CDMA 1X network only.

13. What would be my average throughput speed?

Several factors affect the average throughput speed (end-to-end speed). Broadly these are your computer' configuration (CPU speed, RAM, etc), radio network (number of concurrent users, radio resource availability), data network and the Internet (the site that is accessed, traffic/congestion at that site). The radio network can support speeds upto 144 Kbps.

14. Can I use my existing R Connect when I switch from one model to another?

No. You need to reinstall R Connect software to be able to use your new model to connect to the internet.

15. Do I have to reinstall R Connect each time I want to switch from one model to another?

No. You need to install R Connect only once for each model. When switching from one model to another you need to select the appropriate modem under the Properties tab for the R Connect Dial-up connection.

Select Start --> Settings --> Control Panel --> Network & Dialup Connections

Right click on R Connect, select Properties Choose the appropriate modem as given below:

LG RD2030(serial) Standard 28800 bps modem

LG RD7130 (serial) Standard 28800 bps modem

LG LST-250(serial) Standard 19200 bps modem

LSP-340E (serial) Standard 19200 bps modem

LG RD2030(USB) LG USB MODEM

RD7130 (USB) LG USB MODEM

Samsung SCH-N191 Samsung CDMA modem

Samsung SCH-A563 Samsung CDMA modem

Samsung SCH-A603 Samsung CDMA modem

Next time we discussed the Error Message which are pop up during use of RConnect.

See this next time and Please help me if you have any proper solution.

If any problem then Please make a post on Rimweb.

Thanks and Take Care!

Hi...

I am facing a particular problem with my LG RD6130 while using RConnect.

I first tried installing the drivers for RD 6130, but it did not work.

I have a USB Cable(Local Market) with FTDI Chipset. I first installed the cable drivers and then the LG 2130 Serial Modem Drivers. It works flawlessly on my Desktop for hours. But on my laptop also, I used the same installation procedure. But on that, it works for 5-10 mins, but mysteriously gets disconnected after that.

I configured it to work at 230,400 kbps as per the instructions in the forum for RD 6130, so it gives 15-17 KB/sec.

Please help me diagnose the cause of this problem. My OS is Windows XP SP2.

Thanx

Rohit

;):clap::clap::D

First Thanks to Vishal for there comment! and Sorry for not giving explanation of the source of the text.

U are right, but as you and i know, how many user of RIMWEB or Computer reads the Help File of a program. Whether everybody know there is a help file is attached about the every program. So i compiled this file

I also changed some answer in my first post. I think u also read it.

But above all thanks to u and Puneet.

Take Care!

Regarding to ur PM about PINNING the topic:

There is no need to PIN this topic, as it doesnt contain ne new information that we don't know.

If u post something new and helpful in future, we'll surely PIN the topic...

I have a USB Cable(Local Market) with FTDI Chipset. I first installed the cable drivers and then the LG 2130 Serial Modem Drivers. It works flawlessly on my Desktop for hours. But on my laptop also, I used the same installation procedure. But on that, it works for 5-10 mins, but mysteriously gets disconnected after that.

I configured it to work at 230,400 kbps as per the instructions in the forum for RD 6130, so it gives 15-17 KB/sec.

40107[/snapback]

Hello Rohit,

First Sorry for late ans, there is some problem.

Please first try to decrease the speed to 115000 kbps (it may be problem with your Laptop). Also check the system for any Suspious thing and Message. For to check the Suspious program see the Task Manager. And give me further detail.

If find any solution, Please discuss your experience with us.

Thanks and Take Care!

Here is the First Error Description and Possible Solution.

ERROR: 600 An operation is pending

This is probably due to a hung program running in the background. use CTRL+ALT+DEL to get the task manager, if there is anything listed with [Not Responding]end task it. If that doesn't sort it shut down everything that you don't need.

Make sure that there are no other dialers, fax software, or any other programs that use your modem running.

If this doesn't work, try restarting the computer. it is needed to make sure that all recent configuration changes have taken effect.

It may also some type of viril or spyware infection.

This is the second error message.

ERROR 601: The port handle is invalid

Restart the set and check again.

If problem not solved, check what COM port the modem is installed on. In Windows XP, It can be checked by going to Control Panel -> Phone and Modems. Click on Modem tab and see what COM port the modem is installed on. If there are no ports listed then please reinstalled the COM port.

To reinstall the COM port Again

Do this, Right click on My Computer Icon and them click on Properties Tab. Click on Hardware >  Device manager, search the ports and doble click on it. In its Properties windows, click on Driver > Update Driver. Insert the driver disk or Win XP disk. if required.

If you see the COM port, then double click on Modem (which u use). In Properties, Click on Diagnostic tab and then Click Query Modem option. If you are watching an error message. Then there may be a problem with your modem. Try to Reinstalling it. if there is no error message, please try to connect again to the net. As i thought everything may be OK.

If does not solve it may be a problem with modem or computer.

More Queries and Details are invited! Also Need Your Support!

Thanks and Take Care!

As i say earlier, Here is the

Error 602: Port already open.

Try to restart the system.
If problem is not solved.
It means another application has control over the modem. You can found the list of application that are running by, press CTRL + ALT + DEL and the Task Manager appear. Try to search the program that may use the modem. End Task the program and restart the system.

Warning: Doesn't do End Task of a program in Task Manager, without proper knowledge, it may crash the system.

If a program is being running automatically. Then check the startup errors, By click Start > Run, type msconfig and click OK. Click on Startup Tab and change the configuration of the program or remove it from the Startup Group.
Try to Uninstall and Install the Modem again.

For this, Click on Control Panel > double click the Phone and Modem and remove the modem and install it again.

If you installed Quick Download Manager, try to disable it.
Also see. For Error 633

Please see the following post ERROR 633: Port already open

I hope, it may help u! For further query Contact me.

Thanks and Take Care!

Some good steps to follow troubleshoot the R Connect problem

1. First check the Cable connection from both sides. (Computer as well as Phone)

2. Always unlock your phone (i.e. Your phone should not be locked.).

3. Check whether modem is configured (installed) successfully. To do this, double click on Phone and Modem tab in Control Panel (In Win XP). Click on Modems tab. In modem-installed list, double click on your modem, to open Modem Properties. Click on Diagnostics Tab, Click on Query Modem. If you see some command and response, your modem is configured successfully.

4. Check whether extra initializations command is given or not. To do this, click on the Advance Tab on modem properties. If there is no entry, then type the following commands

AT+CRM=1;$LGPKT=3

in capital form only (for LG phone).

5. If your computer become hangs or restarts after a time interval when u starts the Internet. Checked the Phone with Antivirus and also check the ports for conflict.

I think this will helpful for all of you. Comments are invited.

Thanks and Take Care!

Gud Work Rajan bhai ... but yes the info that u posted is already known and read by most people from the help files that come with the R-Connect Installation

Cheers

Ashok

Good comment ashoksoft, very thanks to u!

The some information which i share here can also find in windows help file. In windows XP, just click on Help and support option and type Error 600 in search box and press enter. U will see the all error message option, just click on it and u will see the complete error list which described in R Connect help file also.

About your comment, I already describe something in my previous post. There are many new user (novice). Because of this, we saw many post regarding the R Connect not working well.

More comments are invited.

Thanks and Take Care!

anyday mate ... anyway keep the post ROCKING!

cheers and all the best

Ashok

Error 604: Wrong Information Specified

Solution

1. Try retyping of user name and password.

2. Try to restart the system.

3. Delete and Create a new dial up connection.

4. Try to uninstall and install again the R Connect.

Thanks and Take Care

To create a new dial up connection follows the following steps:

1. Click on Start > All Programs > Accessories > Communication > New Connection Wizard.

2. Click on Next and Again on next.

3. In new Windows Select the Set Up My Connection Manually Option and click Next.

4. Click on next.

5. Type the Connection Name. Click Next.

6. Type the Phone number #777 and click next.

7. Enter the User name. This is your phone number without zero. (if using Mobile enter your mobile number without zero (e.g. 9999999999). For dot phone, use STD code (without zero) + phone number (such as If STD code is 0999, and phone number is 9999999 than type 9999999999.). Click next.

8. Now Click on Finish. Your Network connection is now created.

Thanks and Take Care!

Some one ask me through mail. But i think i will have to answered it here. Because it will usefull for other new members also.

Hi!!

I am planning to go in for Reliance dial up connection. And would need to set up a new connection. the steps given by you are really easy to folow but I am a bit confused about step no. 6 i e

Type the Phone number #777 and click next.

Does one have to type just #777 or the actual phone number in my case my cell no.

Looking forward to your reply.

First Thanks for ur Query!

As you question about step 6.

In this step u will have to type the ISP number not your Mobile or DOT Phone Number. The reliance ISP number is #777.

I think u understand what u what.

Feel free for further query.

Thanks and Take Care!

Installing the R Connect

Here we discuss how to install your R Connect without any problem. I will give it step by step.

1. Make sure your phone must be unlocked.

2. Change the Baud Rate of the Phone following:

As in dot phone case:

a. click menu > 2 > 4. and set the DATABAUDRATE to 115,000.

b. click menu > 2 > 3. and set the RX CALL MODE to always modem.

3. Connect your phone and computer by the help of cable.

4. Now insert your CD in CD DRIVE and follow the instruction. For more help read following in R

CONNECT help file:

For this, open your cd drive and double click the RConnectHelp file.

here click on Installing R Connect. now click on Installing R Connect Software and select your

phone and read the instruction carefully.

After this i think u did not have any problem. If any, contact me!

This Help file can also be download from here

R Connect Help File

Uninstalling the R Connect

To do this follow following steps:

1. Open Control Panel and Double Click the Phone and Modem icon. At modem tab click on your modem

and click on remove. It will uninstall the modem.

2. To delete the R Connect folder, Go to Windows DIR, in my case it is C:\, open the program files

folder and delete the RConnect folder from this.

U have successfuly uninstall the R Connect. Just restart your system.

Thanks and Take Care!

Error 691: Access was denied because the user name and/or password was invalid on the Domain.

If u are getting this error. It can be possible due to two reason.

1. It may be some type software malfunction.

Solution: try to reinstall ur r connect software.

2. It may be problem in reliance side server.

Solution: it may be possible that your account in reliance server is deactivated due to some technical problem. Make a complain to *333 with the Error number and always take complain number. Your problem will solved in about 24 hrs. If problem still persists, send a post to chairman office with the complain number and complete problem detail. Your problem will solved in next 24 hr. For Reliance Chairman office click here

Thanks and Take Care!

Install Bluetooth modem with NOKIA 6255

In my case the bluetooth is already installed in your system.

Right click on bluetooth icon in system tray (not in nokia pc suite), click on

"Add new connection" and followed it (though it may worked after several retries)

In advanced modem settings gave +crm=1;+cso=33, Phone no in case of rim is #777, username and password are same as ur phone number.

And u are ready to use r connect. Enjoy.

Thanks and Take Care!

PS: Thanks to deepti and freitasm for their help.

I require help regarding installation of Rconnet dialer

on my home pc running on Win2k.

I am using Rconnect successfully on that machine+win Me

but unable to install on win2k.

everytime I install the modem, the message "model detection

failed" message comes and installatio is to be aborted.

I repeated model installation/ from Rconnect CD all failed with

same message appearing everytime.

what is the error i am doing?

i tried to remove all the drivers of my modem ( samsung N191+usb

cable) but no success.

i tried to search this forum for the solution with word "win2k" or

"windows" in the rconnect section but did not see solution (for win2k) . so posting again.

(did I miss earliler postings!)

regards

prasad

Which driver of USB cable ur installing. Please provide ur USB driver details. So we may help u.

Thanks and Take Care!

Thanks Rajan for ur Help....

From my side i want raise some problems i got...

1. In XP the rconnect is connected to ISP and after exactly 1 min it will automatically disconnects the rconnect (model lg2030, usb original cable) eventhough i tried with pinging the server.... but it fails...

2. In other OS the serial cable is works fine but in usb cable frequent disconnections for exampls it automaticaly disconnects in 10 mins eventhouge the data exchange is in progress or the ping is in progress... (model lg2030, gray market usb cable)

3. This is diff prob... in my friend's system, he wanted to connect rconnect using lg5230 ( i dont know exact model no. bt it is a color set)

if i connect the phone with usb the Win98 detects the phone and while instaling the usb driver file the system displays the blue screen...

but the cable and phone is connected succefuly in my system (winME)

what is the possible causes....

Hope u give some solutions for this and i am very thankful to u for this....

1. In XP the rconnect is connected to ISP and after exactly 1 min it will automatically disconnects the rconnect (model lg2030, usb original cable) eventhough i tried with pinging the server.... but it fails...
Which Xp u r using, are this a Windows XP Home or Windows XP Professional, this problem may occur in Windows XP Home. Which USB driver u r using for your cabel. Also try to check sane connection on other system.
2. In other OS the serial cable is works fine but in usb cable frequent disconnections for exampls it automaticaly disconnects in 10 mins eventhouge the data exchange is in progress or the ping is in progress... (model lg2030, gray market usb cable)

USB cable is good when u say about speed but when u say about performance, the Serial Cable is always good, whatever technology came and gone. But i did not found any good solution of USB cable problem. Which USB driver u r using. Please provide information.

3. This is diff prob... in my friend's system, he wanted to connect rconnect using lg5230 ( i dont know exact model no. bt it is a color set)

if i connect the phone with usb the Win98 detects the phone and while instaling the usb driver file the system displays the blue screen...

but the cable and phone is connected succefuly in my system (winME)

what is the possible causes....

This problem may be possible due to some type hardware conflict. Please check, and also tell what message u get when scree goes on blue. I think U r using LG RD 5130 phone model.

Share ur exp with us.

Thanks and Take Care!