Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
TCP/IP

Speed Booster That Could Increase Rconnect Speeds

amplifier-repeater.gif

A setup like the one above should increase internet speeds wouldn't it? I have no idea how much it costs though.. Has anyone used something like this?

Total Cost : Approx $300 (Requires Antenna Adapter to be purchased. Available separately)

<TOPIC MOVED!>

Edited by TCP/IP

I doubt that ... coz R-Connect Speeds are dependent on available Server load, Handset, connecting media etc... this could be a signal boosting system, so I presume, even if u have a speed increase ... that will be really marginal.

Cheers

Ashok

It will ONLY help if you have a very weak signal in your area and most of the packets being sent/received have errors. A signal booster can help improve the speed by minimizing the number of errornous packets sent back and forth. Saving time rather than boosting real speed.

CDMA 1x 2000 Technology is limited to 144kbps. So if you hit the 120-130 mark usually... dont can't it wont get any faster.

Yeah. I guess I should rephrase. What I meant by increase of Rconnect speeds was not to get beyond 144 which is impossible. I meant to prevent decrease of speed as a result of weak signal strengths. In my area, the signal is sometimes so weak that I can't even send an SMS without having to try numerous times.

Recently i had mailed the Chairman's Office abt the Weak Network that i get inside the premises of my office. They offered me with a Signal Booster for my phone. But unfortunately that signal booster is not compatible with LG 6130 as yet.

He said that they offer it free for Postpaid Customers and charge 700bucks from the Prepaid Customers for that booster!

Only 700? If it is one of those boosters that you put over your battery, those don't work. I have no idea how these kind of boosters are meant to work though.

This particular booster is quite expensive but should do its work. I haven't got any reviews on it though but looking. It might be a good idea for me to buy one though if it really works.

The only thing that was helding me back was because of the poor reception that I was getting due to which I may possibly get a very inferior data transfer rate.

hmmm might come handy if u have a problem with signal strength ... hey TCP if u are a prepaid user ... search for a postpaid user and get the thing for free man ...

Cheers

Ashok

This kind of a setup is mainly useful for offices where the signal strength is weak inside the office.

Recently i had mailed the Chairman's Office abt the Weak Network that i get inside the premises of my office. They offered me with a Signal Booster for my phone. But unfortunately that signal booster is not compatible with LG 6130 as yet.

He said that they offer it free for Postpaid Customers and charge 700bucks from the Prepaid Customers for that booster!

I am facing this problem at my residence in Delhi. I wrote to Customer care and they replied that a cell site would be functional in the area by 31-03-06. Then I replied asking for free signal booster and received a prompt reply that they are unable to process my request for the signal booster.

kagashe

well heard about this first time on forum......well any one has it please post a bt it!...

Similar Link

Ok, i have one such signal booster with me since reception was really bad at my office place. I never really got the time to configure it. It comes with long wires n an antenna kind of thing. after that abt in a month's time, the reception inside the office has increased tremendously well. and so i dont really need it. I'll still try figuring out how to use that and will get back to you.

Similar Link

Ok, i have one such signal booster with me since reception was really bad at my office place. I never really got the time to configure it. It comes with long wires n an antenna kind of thing. after that abt in a month's time, the reception inside the office has increased tremendously well. and so i dont really need it. I'll still try figuring out how to use that and will get back to you.

Chirag

Are you replying to my post?

I have solved the problem to some extent. After connecting I am putting www.google.com on continuous ping and find that the signal does not drop. But this is costing me money (in terms of unnecessary upload/download through ping command) and I don't know how much since the Reliance server is not indicating the unbilled data usage.

I would like to know how much data is used in 64 bytes continuous ping command.

kagashe