chandramauli

Caller Ring Back Tunes on Reliance Mobile - My Tunes

429 posts in this topic

0,,3729085,00.gif0,,3740298,00.gif

No more boring brrrng brrring!

Give your callers something cool to listen to the next time they ring you, with Telecom Caller Tunes! Choose a Caller Tune from over 240 songs or sounds and that's what the person ringing you will hear while they're waiting for you to answer your mobile. 

Caller Tunes are exclusive to 027 mobiles and make calling you a whole lot more fun! They're just one more way you can personalise your mobile so it's unique to you. And you can change your Caller Tune as often as you want. 

What is it? 

Caller Tunes change the ringing tone when people ring you. Instead of hearing the standard ringing tone, callers will hear a music track or sound of your choice (over the standard "brrring" "brrring") while they're waiting for you to answer. 

So that it doesn't confuse your callers, they'll still hear the standard ringing tone quietly in the background of the Caller Tune. 

Your Caller Tune is stored on the Telecom network, so it sounds great on any 027 phone and it will not take up your mobile phone's memory. 

How do you get it? 

Easy, you can either select it from your 027 Mobile's WAP menu under Caller Tunes or text the appropriate quick code to TUNE (8863) by choosing it from our online jukebox. 

To load up a Caller Tune 

To find out what Caller Tunes are available check out our online jukebox. 

Text the appropriate Quick Code from our online jukebox to TUNE (8863) (costs $3.50 to load your Caller Tune). 

You're all done! 

To turn off your Caller Tune 

Either choose a different Caller Tune, or to go back to the (yawn) Brrring Brrring sound, simply text the word STOP to TUNE (8863). 

To check your Caller Tune 

To check which Caller Tune you currently have simply text the word TUNE to 8863 and we'll text it's name back to you for free.

this service is being offered in NZ !!!

it should soon come to india

(i am not crazy abt it thou!!)

Edited by chandramauli

It's already avalaible in India on Hutch & Airtel.

Agreed ...but not on CDMa networks !!

Airtel Charges

15 rs. per download of Ringtone

& 3/min for the call made to select the tone..

Finally a rental of Rs 30/month for this service.

Guess the rentals is same in case of Hutch too :)

hutch charges a flat charge or Rs30/month and we can set 5 songs for 5 specific numbers and for other numbers random songs r played.

its not soo in ahmeabad , aman ...

they charge 30 bucks a month plus the something for each song u change eveytime (i dont know but its appox 1- bucks a song)

As per Hutch website (Delhi region)

"Pay Rs. 30 per month and select 3 tunes for free. Pay Rs. 10 per month for every subsequent Caller Tune.

Pay Rs. 6 per min for accessing services on 123 "

Notice the Rs.6 / min charge for using 123 service.

A little birdie just happened to tell me that Reliance is introducing Caller Tunes service shortly... It has been a long wait now and hopefully they should introduce it asap. Anyone has heard of this ??

Yes its gonna launch this diwali. as told by close friend, he work in DAKC.

heard the song myself ... even I heard about the soon to be launch, from some buddies in DAKC.

Cheers

Ashok

Edited by ashoksoft

While it does sound "good". Why would anyone pay 50 bucks and over to let other people listen to music?

There are people who like to entertain others on their expence. Well I do not belong to such group.

i think very less people will be intrested in these kind of stuff as relaince is looting them on all possible grounds and on top of this..

It does have novelty value but little else.

Well Imagine if it will be free For DAPO Customers..It will be a great Scheme and i am dead sure it will be quite less than other operators.....

""Wish it is free for DAPO Customers"

There are people who like to entertain others on their expence. Well I do not belong to such group.

40631[/snapback]

;)

Me too!

Personnally I'd like RIM to enable a feature where people (especially sales people and Ashok) have to pay money to me to talk to me!

Anujit, i hate off-topic stuff! Please refrain! I hope u understand! This is not my owned forum, but... watever!

i really second Mukul's view! But there really are ppl who i know, change their caller tunes every third day! Ppl have money to spend, or rather dont know where to spend... so RIM is there to collect them on their behalf!

Caller tunes are good but not like BPL in which everybody get a default caller tune which is very bad and sounds like a call of the train.

Hope Reliance does not follow suit and make everyone calling to reliance listen to the tune or song of "Mere papa ka sapna" until the user decides to change it (ofcourse with spending money)

Yes its gonna launch this diwali. as told by close friend, he work in DAKC.

40620[/snapback]

So we would have choices of Diwali Pooja ring tones too. :P

Holy goodness ... now where all has the topic been to ... well back to the topic.... Caller tunes -> I do not care what the person on the other end of the phone hears, as long as she/he can talk to me, but yes .... there are hundreds of nuts out there ... with a lot of money to throw around, who love all this fancy stuff..

On a nice note, well even we can boast that our network also has caller tunes.

BTW, If I wanted to really entertain my friends, rather than using the caller tune, I would use a 440 voucher, and make my mates listen to any song they choose from my MP3 player :P

Cheers

Ashok

Caller Ring Back Tones is expected to a important value added service for all operators as it has evoked a very good response from subscribers even though it is charged high rentals. It should be a hit for Reliance as well if they start the service, just like Hello Tunes for AirTel.

Hello tunes is considered upmarket ! (... atleast by those who buy Rs. 149/- voucher from reliance :P )

Reliance has developed a habit for spoiling the Value-added-services market for all other operators (GPRS was put up as something out of the world .. until cheap little R-world made it look commonplace. Edge --(rememeber those colourful curtain ads for Hutch TV - as if offering videos over Hutch TV was "something out of the world". R-world throws videos around, as if they are hardly a big deal).

With caller tunes .. Reliance is going to spoil the novelty of Hello tunes of Airtel. Imagine they start offering tunes at Rs. 10/- ... and the people (those same people, who hold Hello tunes in awe), end up in smirk ... Caller tunes ... hey! what's the big deal.

Airtel is very likely thinking of the next "novelty" ... it's over with milking the Hello tunes .... more or less.

(I recall Airtel creating so much fuss -- atleast in Delhi -- when they launched the Sudoku game on their mobiles). Reliance also has Sudoku in it's game listing, but I don't think anyone knows (or cares to know). -- and offcourse, Airtel has stopped taking Sudoku .. (maybe, since Reliance got it too)

Well at first around my mates it was kinda waste of money,

then gradually things changed, now on every hit song they see in tv, they start calling up checking whther its caller tune is on ?

So things are changing,

Everybody knows that the operators are looting money from them with this, but still all are ready to get looted ;)