Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
IC£MAN

Laptop For Sale

Hi Friends,

Hope i am allowed to post this here, if not then mods please feel free to dellete this post. Selling my vaio if anyone interested please PM me.

Sony Vaio PCG-C1R Laptop

Released in Japan, February 2000

266Mhz Pentium MMX

64MB upgradable to 128MB using two-memory module upgrade

ES1879S sound chip

MOTION EYE Inbuilt Web Cam, can be used as a camera for stills and vedio also.

20 GB HDD

External CD-read & write 32X10X40X

Windows XP pro

Ms Office & loads of software installed.

Display - 1024*480, 640*480, 1024*768, 800*600

Battery life is approx 90 min.

Small and compact, good for people on the move. Can fit in your coat pocket.

Price expected Rs 20,000.

Overall a very fast machine. One owner & very well maintained.

Selling it because i have ugraded to another Laptop

For details and pic visit the link below.

http://www.sony.jp/ProductsPark/Consumer/P...-C1R/index.html

People interested please leave a PM with your numbers and i shall call you.

Delivery in mumbai, can get it couriered to any other city at extra cost.

dear Annish,

May i suggest that you ebay it on ebay.in you will get a good price for it....

Soham

PS: I dont think anyone will like to pay 20000 for this config. new notebooks are available real cheap.

20K is far too much I got a toshiba P4 two years back for 10K... That was when laptops were still selling for 60-80 K starting price... and three years old laptop anyways have got screwed up batteries...

External writer - Not a big deal you get it all around... The problemis to carry all assceries

Yup, Rs.20000 is too much to expect from such a configuration, even though it is a Sony Vaio. Laptop prices have fallen very much that people would prefer to buy new entry level average brands like Acer, HP, etc. rather than going for second hand models since laptops have shorter life spans than a PC. Yes, its tough selling off a second hand laptop for a good price. :) Anyway, try your luck at ebay as well ;)

Hi Friends,

I Thank you all for all the inputs & yes i agree with all of you but a picture book has its own value. Its only a picure book user who realises the value of one.

Anyway sorry for the trouble.

for 27K you can get a new Acer Laptop!!!!

I have a Compaq Presario M2202TU which I got for 30,800 / -

Cel 1.3 Ghz

40 GB hdd

256 MB DDR RAM

Combo Drive

15" TFT

and loads more !

Cheers

Ashok

20 THOUSAND RUPEES for 266Mhz Pentium, 64MB Ram and 20 GB HDD. Gosh. Why would anybody, would buy such config. PC. What programs would it run? Not worth it at all. So what if it is a VAIO, It would be of no use for today's applications. WORTH THREE THOUSAND RUPEES only.

annish ... I might have someone interested ... if the price is a bit negotiatable

Cheers

Ashok

How much did you offer him ashok!!

Hi Friends,

Sorry but i do not intend to stir an argument here.

If you decide a price for this machine on its config, i totally agree that it is not worth the value.

The sony vaio PCG series is something totally different, thats exactly why i said that only someone who has used it before or has knowledge about it would realise the value of it.

It is prefered by people who travel. Its 1.2 kg in weight, and please its a palmtop and not a laptop so dont compare it to one.

A 64 mb machine running windows xp pro, msoffice, windows blinds, avg anti virus, style xp, internet download manager, desktop x pro, super utilities pro, nokia sync, se sync, i-mate sync all on bootup and still amazing speed for other applications, how many 266Mhz Pentium 64MB Ram machines can boast of doing that. Just running windows XP requires 64 mb ( pls correct me if i am wrong ).

I would never sell it. Have just bought myself the ibm titanium, and i allready have a compaq presario 3000 because of which this machine is being neglected, which i just do not like, thats why i am parting with it.

Someone mentioned it being worth 3000, well what can i say to each there own.

A mobile cost more then 3000 LOL, and if its available for that price or infact even double of that price i would buy all of the peices available.

I do not wish to hurt anyones feelings but just a request " do not compare this machine to a laptop, its a palmtop "

Sorry Anish if hurt your feelings. I understand how you feel for it, since you have been using it for quite some time now. I truely wish you get what you are demanding for your Machine. All the best and take care.

@Anish,

Mukul is right! When u go to a market with some second hand item. Than every people will react like this as all Rimwebians react. Because, When something become second hand than it has only some brand value but everyone want to compare it base on configuration. It is particulary true in the field of computer. Where, in every six month, price of an High end item decreases to about Half.

In this business field, no one see your emotion with this item. For him, this is only a second hand thing with very low value!

I think u can understand what i want to say. I think u will go with Drsoham sugestion try it on EBAY. Than u will see original market.

Thanks and Take Care!

Well I am seriously interested in the piece ... since when it comes to power ... I am sitting on some of the fastest babies around .... mobility ... I already have a lappy, storage - how many home users have 1.6 TB HDD ? RAM ? well I guess 1 GB is more than enuf for a guy who hardly plays a game ;)

But since I've had some heavy investments in the last couple of weeks (joined two colleges ... simultaneous courses) so I have to wait a little for my kitty to refill... if the thing is still around at that time.... Annish, I'm all for it!

BTW ... guys Annish has some plans for a RIM WEB Mumbai Meet! so guys from Mumbai / around mumbai please keep in touch with each other .... or PM me or Y! messenger id : ashokfish , they day the plan is finalized ... we could all land up someplace and have a small bash... what say guys ?

Cheers

Ashok

I have ADSL USB Modem Xavi (R.B. Comtec) X7005Q for Broadband connection on sale.

Features

•Compliant with Universal Serial Bus Specification Revision 1.1

•USB bus-powered; an external power supply is not required

•Supports three device drivers: Microsoft NDIS 4.0 WAN Miniport, NDIS 4.0 LAN Miniport or NDIS 5.0 ATM Miniport

•Compatible with all T1.413, G.DMT, and G.lite compliant CO DSLAM equipment as well as the vast majority of deployed CAP RADSL CO equipment

•Easily to upgrade software from FTP site

•Including a Microsoft Windows control panel monitoring program for configuring the adapter and checking the status of the connection

•Providing an RJ-11 connector for connection to the telephone line

•Supports DSL downstream data rates up to 8 Mbps (125 times faster than standard 56K modems)

•Supporting DSL upstream data rates up to 1024 Kbps

•Supporting third party PPP over Ethernet (PPPoE) clients

AnyBody planning to install BroadBand Connection can buy the ADSL USB Modem from me.

Call - 09312261877

If this is a Palmtop.......

intro.jpg

... then which one would you call a Laptop?

Yaar i vist lamington (Mumbai) another day, this fellow approach me asking if am intrested in buying HP Notebook for just 20k it was hardly used notebook, i was so tempted than my friend asked him why he giving it for this rate as market price for tht notebook wud be around 60k, he gave us wild smile and said " Tum log ke bas ki baat nahi hai" and fled away, i still miss that oppurtunity.

So CHOO of me .

I Still abuse sweet friend of mine for tht incident.

yeah ... @ 20 k that was a steal mate!!!!!

stolen stuff is always cheap.

in chorbazar u get such deals daily, not a big deal.

I will NEVER again buy a second hand laptop .... and 20K is not cheap for a laptop. I bought one for 22K and the world knows that I have lost it.

Buy Desktops ... or buy laptop for rs. 60K with warranty and all.

(actually, buy a laptop, only if you can afford to buy the next laptop as well .... once the first one is broken down)

I will say ... get a damn lappy anyday... it is worth the effort!

Cheers

Ashok

PS : Proud owner of 2 lappy's, smiling wickedly at bhutes... and teasing him!!

stolen stuff is always cheap.

in chorbazar u get such deals daily, not a big deal.

44070[/snapback]

But stolen laptops can prove danger if caught through MAC address. And where in chor bazar we get this stuffs??

i am not aware where is chor bazar, but many of my (well to do) friends go and buy stuff from there.

ive never taken any interest in such things.

buy only genuine stuff, if u have your own money and if u can afford. thats my rule.

well mates, first addressing Munna's issue. MAC address is on the ethernet card (which can be CHANGED using MAC MAKEUPS), and that is no issue, except that tech support can be blocked on the Laptop's Serial Number if reported stolen (which sounds like crap when we have lamington road)

Harsh, if u intend to go to chor bazaar, wake up early in the morning ON FRIDAY's (about 3.30) get dressed by 4, and catch a train for VT / Grant Road, once there either walk it to JJ hospital, and from behind take a stroll inwards... if u want shoes ask for "DEDH GALLI" if u want electronics just stroll by ... u can see everything ... right from torches, to fridges to computers to laptops.... if u stay somewhere there... the market opens at 3.30 in the morning ...

Clothes u can see everywhere ... and hey it is real kewl and cheap to get electronics from there!!!!

Happy Shopping.... (grrr.... who said that things in chor bazaar are not genuine.. they sure are, except that they are stolen... and well even if u wanna buy something from there ... follow the rule of the thumb, u otta spend anyway.)

PS : If anyone wants to see the place, but is not quite sure, tinkle me... we could go together to it.... u might be real lucky mate

Cheers

Ashok