Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
anujit

Hack Your Nokia Phone

More importantly,

What is an SPC code? And if indeed we have it, what can be done?

Anyone can throw some light on this please...

(Hope I am not posting a repeat question)

Service programming code. U can change everything in ur handset SID/MIN/NAM ETC ETC, once u get this code, but pain is these are only known by nokia guys, some coder says they can bypass these code but never seen one.

Dear As we are looking for how to enable mobile browser, i was also thinking of it. Now i have 2 points lets us see our technical may help.

1 While Internet browsing through rim what IP it accsess

2 as we all know that 6255 has in built modem.

I am highlighting these points because i have Nokia 6630 and On that i have airtel Connection, On Nokia 6630 i can browse same as my Pc, even while making connection through Pc i dont need to install any driver or anything just go and create a new Internet connection Network connections because browsing happens through handset.

I request to all our Technical Experts, please consider this aspect also.

You cant. And the guys in Nokia Center (in Pune & Bombay) don't know how to either - probably because you cant.

Its a Series 40 Ver 2 phone. Tough luck man.

hi anujit

thanks for ur advice. i went to Nokia Care and they replaced my 6255 after 15 days. thats why i was not able to browse for these days.

Nope. Doesn't work.

Cracker: Its probably blocked. Or restricted at least. Certainly cannot ping it.

We need some other way. Maybe through a 3rd party webserver or something!!!

hi

i m a silent viewer/reader of this forum since months, i got partial success in entering ip address of wap gateway.

*3001#12345#

Went to Server Addr to look around again.

Now you would guess that you only need to set the Server1 addresses. I always had Server1 set with IP1 and IP2 set to 160.036.057.172 port 3127. Server 2 has been all 0's. My webbrowser would always say, server unreachable.

Well guess what? Since I'm pretty much out of things to try, I decided to put 160.036.057.172 port 3127 into Server2 IP1. IP2 right now is still set to all 0's.java script:emoticon(' ;) ', 'smid_10')

regards

and what did you gain, can you explain it in simple terms. I mean were you finally able to access wap?

and what did you gain, can you explain it in simple terms. I mean were you finally able to access wap?

hi tanveer

for the first try i got message 'internet service not available', after that all tries just standby my handset (Nokia 6255) for a while and it comes back to menu. I thiink it will require a Service activation hack that u all expert people might do very wel and pl show me also.

regards

All the codes works for 6235 too:p

I tried to enter my RIM No. instead of the 0000000000 No. provided in Nam 1 & Nam2 (accessed through *3001#12345#)..........However, didnt notice any change..........(I read it somewhere that changing this in Kyocera enhances the Network as well as the Sound quality)...

Pls corrent me if i tangled it up!!

Also, try:-

*#639#

Got this from Kaaza:- (Needs to b edited down here for rim)

Nokia Phone Employees Only Menu

NOTICE: TO ALL CONCERNED Certain text files and messages contained on this site deal with activities and devices which would be in violation of various Federal, State, and local laws if actually carried out or constructed. The webmasters of this site do not advocate the breaking of any law. Our text files and message bases are for informational purposes only. We recommend that you contact your local law enforcement officials before undertaking any project based upon any information obtained from this or any other web site. We do not guarantee that any of the information contained on this system is correct, workable, or factual. We are not responsible for, nor do we assume any liability for, damages resulting from the use of any information on this site.

NOKIA MOBILE PHONES, INC.

FOR AUTHORIZED DEALER USE ONLY

NOKIA 2160 SERIES CELLULAR TELEPHONE

NAM PROGRAMMING INSTRUCTIONS

All Nokia 2160 cellular telephones are capable of supporting authentication. The programmer must decide which form of A-Key is desired for use. The two options are either RANDOM or DEFAULT A-Key. If the RANDOM key is desired for use, use the quick NAM programming sequence. If a DEFAULT A-Key is desired, then the complete NAM programming method is used to program NAM location number 2. The clear key can be used to correct mistakes.

MENU DRIVEN EASY NAM PROGRAMMING FOR THE NOKIA 2160 P2/EFR HANDPORTABLES

USE FOR A RANDOM A-KEY

1. Turn on the phone and enter programming access code (*#639#)

2. Enter the 10 digit area code and phone number and press the 'send' key (or the 'OK' soft key in display)

3. Enter system ID code (SID) supplied by cellular service provider (1-5 digit SID) and press the 'send' (or 'OK' ) key.

*Optional settings are language and lock code (see below)

*Programming is completed

*Phone automatically powers off then back on NOTE: Change the lock code by adding a pound sign and a new lock code after the SID. (Example: 175#7788 ; Lock code = 7788). Change the language by adding a pound sign and a new language code after the code (Example: 175#0 ; Language = English). Language code: 0 (default) = English, 1 = French, 2 = Spanish, 3 = Portuguese Change the lock code and language code by separating each set of numbers by a pound sign (Example: 175#7788#2 ; where the SID = 00175, Lock code = 7788,Language = Spanish).

COMPLETE NAM PROGRAMMING INSTRUCTIONS

USE FOR DEFAULT A-KEY

ACCESS NAM PROGRAMMING MODE:

1.Turn the phone on.

2.Enter the NAM access code. Factory default is: *3001#12345[MENU]

3.If the screen to the right appears, you have entered the access code correctly.

(Maniac note: screen to the right looks like this: see below

Field Test

NAM 1

NAM 2

If it does this you're in luck)

If after several attempts you cannot access NAM programming, it is possible that the access code has been changed, or the phone is in need of service.

MAIN MENU SELECTION

4. Press the [scroll-Key] up or down until the indicator points at the desired menu option. Select from the following:

NAM 1

NAM 2

NAM 3

Security

Emergency

SW version

Serial No.

Programmed

Field Test

5.Press the [select] soft key to access the Sub-Menu from and of the above Main Menu selections.

PROGRAMMING NAM's 1 THROUGH 3

6. Press the [scroll-Key] to scroll through the selected NAM parameter list. An optional personalized wake-up message can be programmed during the "Own Number" sequence by pressing the [ABC] key and entering the text.

7. If the value is incorrect, press the [select] soft key and use the numeric keypad to make any changes.

HOME SYSTEM ID HOME SOC OWN NUMBER

PSID/RSID LISTS(Note 1) DEFAULT SETTINGS

"DEFAULT SETTINGS"

NAM STATUS (Enable/Dis) ACCESS METHOD

LOCAL OPTION PRIMARY PAGING CH

DEDICATED A CCH DEDICATED A NUMBER

DEDICATED B CCH DEDICATED B NBR

OVERLAOAD CLASS GROUP ID

SID ALPHA TAG CNTRL A-KEY CODE

PUBLIC SYSTEMS PRIVATE SYSTEMS

RESIDENTIAL SYSTEMS

8. Use the [OK] soft key to store the new information that has been entered.

9. Repeat steps 6 through 8 for the remaining NAM parameter options to be viewed and/or changed.

10. To program other NAMs, press [Quit] to return to the Main Menu. Select NAM 2 or NAM 3. Once the Home System ID and Own Number are programmed, the phone will automatically set the NAM Status to enabled.

PROGRAMMING THE SECURITY CODE

11. From the Main Menu, use the scroll keys to select the "Security" Sub-Menu, then press [select] and the current 5-digit security code will be displayed. The default value is 12345.

12. To change the Security Code at this time, use the numeric keys to enter the new value.

13. Press the soft key [OK] to store changes. Note: The Lock Code will be automatically changed to the last 4 digits of the new security code.

PROGRAMMING EMERGENCY NUMBERS

14. From the Main Menu use the scroll key to select the "Emergency" Sub-Menu, press the [select] soft key to access the emergency numbers.

EMERGENCY NUMBER 1 (911)

EMERGENCY NUMBER 2 (*911)

EMERGENCY NUMBER 3 (None)

15. To change the current value, use the scroll key to select the desired field and press [select]. Use numeric keys to enter new values.

16. To save the value, press the soft key [OK]. Press [Quit] to exit the menu. SERIAL NUMBER (ESN):

17. From the Main Menu, use the scroll key to display the "Serial No." or ESN of the phone. Press [Quit] to exit the menu

PROGRAMMED: (DATE THE PHONE IS FIRST PROGRAMMED)

18. From the Main Menu, use the scroll key to display the "Programmed" menu

19. Press [select] and enter a four-digit number that corresponds to the month and year the phone is sold. Example (mmyy) 0197 = January 1997, 0996 = September 1996.

NOTE: This menu location can be programmed only one time. Once the date has been entered it cannot be changed. Any attempt to enter the menu once it has been programmed will receive a short beep and the message "DATE ALREADY STORED".

EXITING NAM PROGRAMMING

20. To exit the NAM programming mode, turn the phone off and leave it off for five seconds.

DEFAULT CODES

Lock Code = 1234, Security Code = 12345

System Acquisition; Public/PSID/RSID Access Code = 123456.

FIELD TEST

The FIELD TEST MODE is used to investigate how the phone is reacting to the cellular system. The FIELD TEST information covers signal strength, battery charging status, cellular state and encryption status. The information is designed to display information relating to Analog Control Channels, Digital Control Channels, Analog Voice Channels, and Digital Voice Channels. All the information provided in the FIELD TEST display is in accordance with IS-136.

To activate the FIELD TEST mode you must be in NAM programming. Instructions for entering NAM programming are on the opposite side of this page. (Maniac note: In this case, opposite side means see above).

Use the following steps to enable the FIELD TEST mode.

From the Main Menu use the scroll key to display the "FIELD TEST" menu and press the [select] soft key. Use the scroll key to select Enable and press the soft key [OK]. A second option is available to enable the field test display with back lighting constantly illuminated while connected to a car kit.

Turn the 2160 off then back on. Once the power up self-test is complete, the FIELD TEST display will begin automatically. Scroll through the different displays using the scroll key.

To disable the FIELD TEST mode, return to NAM programming and disable the function under the FIELD TEST menu.

PROGRAMMING PSIDS AND RSIDS

The Nokia 2160 provides the option to program Private (PSIDs) and Residential (RSIDs) System ID's as prescribed by IS-136. The PSID/RSID list is programmed to support system selection/re-selection processes and SID display functions. The Nokia 2160 P2 product will support up to 15 different Private or Residential Systems. These instructions allow a person to program 5 of the 15 available locations. The other 10 locations are reserved to ensure available locations for automatic programming. Using the NAM programming menu to program the PSID/RSID is just one of the several ways that this information can be programmed. The phone also supports automatic programming of the PSID/RSID values via registration accept message from a Public & Private system, manually prompting with System Scan Sub-Menu option New Search, or via Over the Air Programming. Follow these instructions to program the PSID/RSID lists

1. Enter the NAM programming menu and select NAM 1 (or desired NAM).

(Note: PSID/RSID is currently only available in the NAM 1 location. PSID is included in NAM 2 and 3 for future use.)

2. Use the scroll key to display "PSID/RSID LISTS" and press [select].

3. Use the scroll key to select the P/RSID 1 or the desired P/RSID (1 through5). Press the [select] soft key.

4. Each list contains:

SYSTEM TYPE: Select Private or Residential system type.

PSID/RSID: System ID of the Private or Residential system. Indicates which PSID/RSID the mobile will respond to.

CONECTED SYSTEM ID: Connected System ID. The SID that the PSID/RSID is connected to.

ALPHA TAG: The name of the Private or Residential SID that will be displayed when the phone uses the PSID/RSID.

OPERATOR CODE: (SOC) This is the System Operator Code.

US-AWS=001,

Canada-Rogers CantelInc.=002,

Bell South Cellular=003,

Southwestern Bell Mobile Systems=004,

Vanguard=007, Century Cellunet=008,

Pacific Telecom Cellular=009,

Midwest Wireless Communications=010,

Rural Cellular Corporation=011,

Cellular Mobile Systems of St. Cloud=012,

Palmer Wireless Inc.=014

COUNTRY CODE: Enter the Country Code of the PSID/RSID.

PUBLIC SERVICE PROFILES: Contains up to 4-channel and color code values for each private or residential system. This information is necessary to initiate scanning for the Private or Residential System.

PRIVATE OPER. FREQUENCIES: Enter the actual channel number(s) that the private system uses. Up to 4channels per PSID/RSID are allowed.

Edited by theking

service prog code???

Guys,

Dont know what I did but in Menu, I got an additional icon (No.11) in my 6235......there's no name on it...

When I select it, it says

Group/display:

I can change the "0000" with another 4 digit no......

Can someont pls guide?....I had turned on the Field test mode and restarted the cell but had turned it off afterwards!!

Pls help............

Edited by theking

when u truned it off did u restarted ur phone again.if not then restart it after turning it off it will go.

That is the field testing mode sire... which can also be activated by *3001#12345#

The Group/Display is for network testings :o

Cheers

Ashok

The Group/Display mode I had discovered several weeks back. I think its for adding more icons on the main screen. Maybe like the Mini browser and things like that. But to get that you need to get the right group code.

Also another tip... if you have your mini browser enabled, pressing 0 for a few seconds in the main screen will launch it!

Any advances?...Any idea bout the field testing group codes?

Guys,

Dont know what I did but in Menu, I got an additional icon (No.11) in my 6235......there's no name on it...

When I select it, it says

Group/display:

I can change the "0000" with another 4 digit no......

Can someont pls guide?....I had turned on the Field test mode and restarted the cell but had turned it off afterwards!!

Pls help............

it is called NET Monitor obviously Network Monitor

Yeah!

Its called "Network Monitor" and its available in every Nokia cellphone but HIDDEN by default.

We can enable it using LOGO manager but only in DCT3 mobiles.

And u might hv enabled it by mistake or ne key combination accidently!

I hv also enabled it in Nokia 3120 by flashing its firmware...

U can use 4 digit combination to use this menu!

Enter the index of the test to be activated at the Group/display:

prompt or enter 0 to deactivate the Net monitor. The index is

shown on the top left corner of the display. Example: If display

03 in group 01 should be activated enter 0103 in the prompt.

The only way to deactivate the Field Test Display is to clear the

Group/display: prompt in the Net monitor menu and enter a zero or

simply enter 0000 and confirm the input by pressing OK.

There are three Field Test Display modes:

• execute mode

• data display mode

• help mode

The execute modes (in displays 11, 12 and 13 in Group 1) are

entered from the menu as described above. The execute mode is of

the once-off type.

To run another test in the execute mode, the Net monitor menu must

be re-activated.

While in data display mode, the field test data (e.g. carrier, power

level, cell) are visible on the main display.

While in help mode, one screen of instructions is shown for each

test to make it easier to indentify the test in question. To toggle

between these two modes, press and hold the * key.

Available tests

The following test displays are available through the Field Test

Display.

Group 01 includes GSM signaling displayes which can be visible to

network operator, and group 06 includes GPRS signaling displayes.

Group 01: GSM signaling displays

Display 01: Information on the serving cell

Display 02: More information on the serving cell

Display 03: Information on the serving cell, 1st and 2nd neighbours

Display 04: Information on the 3rd, 4th and 5th neighbours

Display 05: Information on the 6th, 7th and 8th neighbours

Display 06: Network selection display

Display 07: System information bits for the serving cell

Display 08: Paging repeat period, TMSI, periodic location update

Display 09: Network parameters

Display 10: Ciphering, hopping DTX status and IMSI

Display 11: Uplink DTX switching display

Display 12: Storing and removing BTS_TEST carrier

Display 13: Toggle cell barred status

Display 14: Modify "last used band"

Group 06: GPRS signaling displays

Display 01: Information on the current GPRS state and previous TBF

configuration

Display 02: Previous UL TBF establishment

Display 03: Information on the GMM state

Display 04:Values of P-TMSI, RAC, SMS radio priority, Ciphering

and Non-DRX parameters

Display 05: GPRS Network parameters

Display 06: Packet control channel parameters

Display 07: (Packet) system information parameters

Display 11: (GPRS information on the serving cell and 6 neighbours

As stated earlier, it can be activated through *3001#12345#

Thanx for the info for test no.s

but after entering these codes, it says NO TEST..