Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
drali

Sony Handcam As A Webcam

i have sony handycam DCR TRV22E i want to use it as a webcam in yahoo massenger.is it possible?if yes then plz explain in detail.thanx in advance.

do u have a DVC ? if yes.. then connect cam to DVC (I use Dazzle DVC 80), and then in Y! choose CAM as TV Card/WDM Capture Device.

Cheers

Ashok

can we use digicams with movie mode for the same?

yeah.. most digicams support it

and what all do i need for that?

I have a digicam with movie mode, I have a TV tuner card, I have the USB cable for camera, what else?

which digi is it ?

i have sony handycam DCR TRV22E i want to use it as a webcam in yahoo massenger.is it possible?if yes then plz explain in detail.thanx in advance.

41552[/snapback]

You can use a software called Trackercam which converts your handycam format to the suitable format for Yahoo. I have used it and it works very well .. you can download the software from the link below ..

http://www.pantiltcam.com/TCamWeb/download...up_5_2_1_10.exe

41552[/snapback]

I have a Panasonic Camera, I am using it as a web cam too. All we need is good Video capture/TV tuner card. Works great and the picture quality is far much better than the normal web cam. Once you get your Video capture/TV tuner card installed in the PC, insert the AV cable in to the input of the Video capture card and the other end in to the output of the camera. Here you are, All done. Enjoy. :clap:

which digi is it ?

41583[/snapback]

Sony W5

check the digital camera thread in this forum

or check out dpreview site

Here - DPREVIEW

41552[/snapback]

I have a Panasonic Camera, I am using it as a web cam too. All we need is good Video capture/TV tuner card. Works great and the picture quality is far much better than the normal web cam. Once you get your Video capture/TV tuner card installed in the PC, insert the AV cable in to the input of the Video capture card and the other end in to the output of the camera. Here you are, All done. Enjoy. :confuse:

41591[/snapback]

.......................................................................................................................

i have a capture card its fire...... something, i dont remember its name.and i even lost its software cd.suggest some alternative.

do u have a DVC ? if yes.. then connect cam to DVC (I use Dazzle DVC 80), and then in Y! choose CAM as TV Card/WDM Capture Device.

Cheers

Ashok

41557[/snapback]

wats d cost of dazzle and suggest me some good webcam(cheap & best)

Cheers

Ashok

41557[/snapback]

wats d cost of dazzle and suggest me some good webcam(cheap & best)

41650[/snapback]

You can go for any USB web cam, No need for external power supply too. Quantum would cost you Rs. 800/- with 500 Pixals. Rest with 100 Pixal camera would cost anything between Rs. 250/- to Rs. 500/-.

@Ashok! Please describe what is DVC (Dazzle DVC 80). I did not understand.

If u guys are find a way to attach a digi cam with TV TUner card and Start use it as a Web Cam. Than It will we a great thing!

Please write a tutorial, if possible, Tanveer or Ashok I think, U may do that!

Please do that for us! How we connect our digicam as Web Cam!

Waiting for your positive response................

Thanks in Advance and take care!

If u guys are find a way to attach a digi cam with TV TUner card and Start use it as a Web Cam. Than It will we a great thing!

Please write a tutorial, if possible, Tanveer or Ashok I think, U may do that!

Please do that for us! How we connect our digicam as Web Cam!

Waiting for your positive response................

Thanks in Advance and take care!

41660[/snapback]

Sure ... Rajanpert, The DVC or the Digital Video Creator is a hardware which is used to connect ur video cam to the comp to record videos, Dazzle DVC 80 fits into the USB port, and I have used my JVC handycam as a web cam for experiments.

dvc801b.jpg

Information about DVC 80

Once u have attached the cam to the PC thro the DVC. Switch on Yahoo messenger and click on webcam, In the open webcam dialog, select "WDM Capture Device" and

then ur camera automatically acts as a webcam.

When it comes to digicams ... I guess u have a firewire / USB connecter, and 99% of the digicams do support web cam mode... just install the camera drivers, and connect the camera to the PC...

Cheers

Ashok

ashok genius, i have connected my handycam thru a usb it works for sometime then it stop working.and the pic movements on screen are not smooth. is it normal in webcams or some problem with my handycam.

Its normal for Webcams to see shaky pictures

I got my DVC ages back.... that is a kewl little thing ... and costed about 1500 (2 years back)... now I have a dazzle TVC which I got for about 1200.

Anyone from Mumbai who wants to see a demo (if u are from some other place.. I will try to take snaps of the setup so u can understand) just buzz me!

Cheers

Ashok

@drali ... that is normal for webcams.

btw ... if anyone has friends coming from China (Fuzhou is the place from where I got my webcam's... u have AMAZING CLARITY WEBCAMS from some company called Fire. costs about Rs.300, anyone wants to see a few demo snaps? or wants to see the cam in action? just contact back I will post

[

@drali ... that is normal for webcams.

btw ... if anyone has friends coming from China (Fuzhou is the place from where I got my webcam's... u have AMAZING CLARITY WEBCAMS from some company called Fire. costs about Rs.300, anyone wants to see a few demo snaps? or wants to see the cam in action? just contact back I will post

.....................................................................................................................

frend,whats d brand name.can i get it in delhi.or u r going to parcel it to me(kidding).d problem with d handycam is each time i have to remove d DV cassette to use it as a webcam.

drali2, That you have to, otherwise your handycam would shut off after 5 Minutes to prevent any damage to the Read/Write Head of the Camera.

41660[/snapback]

Rajan If you have to buy DVC, Then go for (Dazzle DVC 90). This one supports USB 2.0 and can make DVD Video with ease. Dazzle DVC 80 is an Obsolete model with USB 1.1 and it is for VCD videos only.