Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sam007

Blue Tooth Dongle

Hi Guys:

Just got a Nokia 6255, iwould like to know can we use Blue tooth Dongle to surf the internet, will it give good speeds?andat what cost should one by a blue tooth dongle?

also, can anyone help me resolving the minibrowser problem.It simpley does not conect.

Wht could be the ip settings after enableing the minibrowser??

Sam007

Hi Guys:

Just got a Nokia 6255, iwould like to know can we use Blue tooth Dongle to surf the internet, will it give good speeds?andat what cost should one by a blue tooth dongle?

also, can anyone help me resolving the minibrowser problem.It simpley does not conect.

Sam007

42643[/snapback]

I bought a blue tooth dongle with one year warranty for 700 RS. The net connection with bluetooth is faster then dku2 cable. I get max of 16.40 KBP/s.

sowwie no idea about mini browser.

Thats great speed!!

The speed of a BT connection is around 720 kbps and of CDMA internet connectivity 144kbps. So you're quite safe.

Hi Guys:

Sam007

42643[/snapback]

I bought a blue tooth dongle with one year warranty for 700 RS. The net connection with bluetooth is faster then dku2 cable. I get max of 16.40 KBP/s.

sowwie no idea about mini browser.

42644[/snapback]

I Purchased a local dongle certified by IVT for Rs.390. I connect to internet but with probs.

i am using that popular string but i get message "bluetooth connection failed" on mobile. After that it connects. And i get amazing d/l speed of 15 to 18 KBs.

Also i am unable to connect throuth BlueSoleil Main window. I have to creat a new connection from "My network PLaces". I am using Bluetooth DUN modem for dialing.

Nokia PC suite 6.6 is also working fine.

Presently i am working for getting rid from that error" Blue toth connection failed"

dear friend please call *333 guy. There is some corrections required in R-Connect settings or click R Connect Help

Edited by Vishal Gupta

Hello all,

Well this is not a repeat of my previous post, but I Explicietely wanted to request all experts to actually discuss and let us all KNOW the BEST case scenario to actually USE the Blue Tooth Dongle along with Nokia 6255.

The best case scenario here means, where we are using the PC Suite 6.6 as well as the Blue Tooth Dongle to connect to our Phone for various tasks as well as Internet connection.

Pl. also clarify if we need to install the Software that comes along with the Blue Tooth Dongle device or is everthing needs to be controled thru the PC Suite. I also read that we use the Blue Tooth to dial the Connection of our phone to R-Connect there is some problem as the modem settings are set to the default ??? So, how do we manage these 2 softwares / tasks running smoothly without any CONFLICTS ?

Thanx for your time.

I hope you are using WInXP on your PC so in that case, you wont need any softwares (one that comes with your dongle) or any other drivers. XP has its drivers for the bluetooth devices.

Once you have connected the dongle and it is detected and installed by XP, switch on the bluetooth of the phone so that the phone is discoverable.

turn on the bluetooth wizard and search for your phone.

Pair it to your PC.

Once this is done, Nokia PC suite any version (say 6.6) will detect your phone, so that you can read the files, contacts and other such things on youer phone through your PC.

Now I have connected my phone to the net using the DUN or dial up networking and not PC suite.

For that you need to configure the modem and set the speed at 230 or 115 kbps, in the advanced settings you need to add the command +crm=1;+cso=33.

Then try connecting to the net and tell me if you have any other problem.

BYe and have FUN!

I hope you are using WInXP on your PC so in that case, you wont need any softwares (one that comes with your dongle) or any other drivers. XP has its drivers for the bluetooth devices.

Once you have connected the dongle and it is detected and installed by XP, switch on the bluetooth of the phone so that the phone is discoverable.

turn on the bluetooth wizard and search for your phone.

Pair it to your PC.

Once this is done, Nokia PC suite any version (say 6.6) will detect your phone, so that you can read the files, contacts and other such things on youer phone through your PC.

Now I have connected my phone to the net using the DUN or dial up networking and not PC suite.

For that you need  to configure the modem and set the speed at 230 or 115 kbps, in the advanced settings you need to add the command +crm=1;+cso=33.

Then try connecting to the net and tell me if you have any other problem.

BYe and have FUN!

42809[/snapback]

Thanx Tanveer for your time, but need more help. Yes, I do have Windows XP, but NO SERVICE PACKS are installed. ( There is a Pre-Requsite of Service Pack 1 / 2 for Nokia PC Suite to be installed and Working ) So, I am looking to install the same.

Yes, my Windiws did Detect the Blue Tooth when it was connected to the USB, and also installed the Driver...but then after that I could'nt locate the BLUE TOOTH WIZARD so that it could detect my Phone./....

Infact the Light of my BT Dongle ( red ) did not blink up, ....which usually does when I install the Application Software that came with my Advik BT DONGLE : IVT Blue Souile versin....

So will this WIZARD only be available when I install the PC Suite ? Also that leyt me tell you that the application software is really cool and the grafhical application is great when connected to the Phone thru BT. ???

Also pl. tell me another thing. When we create the Dial Up Seperate DUN ( not using the PC Suite and nor the DUN present in my BT Software ) and select the software downloaded from the nokia Site : MODEM Driver....which COM PORT do we need this to be installed on ?

Thanx for your time.

Try downloading the latest IVT soleil bluetooth driver i have solved problem of connection error ,this is the link for driver

IVT SOLEIL

Try downloading the latest IVT soleil bluetooth driver i have solved problem of connection error ,this is the link for driver

IVT SOLEIL

42907[/snapback]

Well thanx : amitbt22 however MY CD of the BT Software is the same...however I needed to know that what all do you have in your system : I mean The BT Software : IVT and PC Suite ? And how do you connect to the internet thru R-CONNET ? With which one ? and with which MODEM Dial Up ?

Could you pl. spare some time to Write a step by step instruction...?

Thanx