Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
doublea

RConnect & Mac Os X

I recently purchased a Reliance FWP phone in Bangalore. I got the LG LSI-110 CDMA phone with that. I purchased a data kit but unfortunately the CDROM only contains drivers for MS-Windows. I use a Mac PowerBook 17" and wanted to use this phone to connect to the Internet. After a little research, I have found a solution. The entire solution is described in a PDF document which I have attached to this post. Hope it is useful to someone.

Even if you have some other Reliance phone and want to use RConnect on the Mac, I suspect that the instructions provided here will work. I am sure the ModemScript Generator utility can create the proper script for you. Read on...

LG110.pdf

Edited by doublea

Thanks Anand, should help MAC users a lot... I'll pin this topic :)

This is good. I would also like if u can help me find a driver or dialer for MotorolaV-730. I am using a iBookG4 and am fed up trying for a driver for it. I need to connect to the net badly else thr is no use having a RIM.

Hi everybody,

After reading many posts on this forum, I got myself a refurbished Samsung 191 (It was a big hunt) to connect to my Mac Powerbook running on OS X Tiger.

The phone is not being detected by my Mac. The AppleUSBCDCDriverPatch.pkg.tar I downloaded from the Reliance site is showing error on installation. Could someone tell me if they had a similar problem, or is it because I am running a higher version of OSX?

The phone is not being detected on my PC too, so perhaps it is the data cable. I have asked Reliance to replace it. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Any comments and suggestions are welcome.

Vani

<TOPIC MERGED!>

Edited by Vishal Gupta

Guys, this looks as good start for me to connect my Powerbook with Nokia handset.

I hope with the basic script in place, I should be able to do that.

Keep your comments coming in.

Would be glad if anybody has generated this script for Nokia as well.

Thanks!

:'(

Nokia phopnes are working. so are a whole host of others. keep posting your experiences, macusers!

LG 5340 CDMA on Reliance India

Bright 65000 CSTN Color display

Visually appealing and convenient slim form factor

Phone Book stores up to 600 x (4 entries+1 email +1 memo)

R World on BREW 2.1 platform

32 Poly ringtones

Rhythmic backlight for ring tones

High Speed Data Capabiltiy

LMS,SMS to Email,Airplane Mode

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Download Bandwidth Test Results

Download speed: 17 kilobits per second

Test details: 101 kilobytes downloaded in 47.515 seconds.

Receive buffer size: Not available

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LG CDMA Phone

Data Cable used : LG USB3000

Connect the phone to the Mac via the data cable. Go to System preferences -> Network and you will see the Mac has detected a new USB Modem (usbserial-1B1)

Configure:

Service Provider : Reliance

Account Name : Your Reliance India Mobile number (without any prefix)

Passsword : Same as above

Telephone Number : #777

Alternate Number : Leave Blank

Go to PPP Options:

Advanced Options : Unselect Everything

I leave "Use Verbose Logging" ON, just to see in Connection Log how well the connection is happening.

Go to Modem Tab:

Modem : au cdmaOne C413S by Sony worked for me

Enable/Activate : Enable error Correction and compression in modem

Disable/Deactivate : Wait for dial tone before dialling

Dialing : Tone

Sound : On

Apply and Save. Open Internet Connect, select usbserial-1B1 and ht connect. There you go!

Note: The phone's design is so stupid, that the data cable and power chord cannot be connected at the same time. so you have to take breaks while the phone charges.

Hello Forum

I am using Powerbook G4 Note book from Apple. Does anyone has a modem script for Nokia 6265 CDMA on MAC. This will enable me to use the R Net Connect via Bluetooth. I have been using with Nokia 6255 but now i am buying the New 6265 CDMA. Plz let me know if anyone has the solution for the same.

Regards

Jigs

EDIT by Vishal Gupta < Topic Merged >

I am using Powerbook G4 laptop , and I am unable to connect Reliance R-Conect to it. When I insert the InstalationCD of my Phone LG LSP350R, thelaptop doesnt accept it. I think the CD doesnt support MAC OS. How to install R-connect to my Powerbook G4? Can any one guide me in this reagrd?I have downloaded Modem Script Generator and put it in to the Library/Modem Script folder in MAC OS, but still it doesnt reconginse my LG LASP 350R nad hence I am unbale to use R-connect .

With Namaskaras

Dr Subramanya Rao,Mysore, Karnataka,India.

E-mail:- chisurao@sify.com

Phone-9448056406

Hello to all Mac Users

In any one wants to use Net connect via Mobile phone - Bluetooth on MAC, there is a modem script available for the same. All the models which supports Bluetooth will work on MAC without and hassle and within seconds you can setup your acct for surfing @144 kbps.

The script is available right in your MAC. Its preloaded with your mac book. Or else for download mail at rachayeta@yahoo.com

I also have a script for Huewaii Data card for Net connect. It's a 11 Mb file.

Regards

Jignesh

Edited by squareone

Hello Jignesh,

I have an iMac G5. I recently picked up the huawei usb modem (ec325) for the netconnect.

can you send me the steps/scripts for getting this combo going, please?

i have sent an email to your id, too.

thanx in advance,

;-p r a b u!

Yeah even I was recently having some trouble finding drivers for my Nokia 6255 for a Macbook. Thankfully googling helped and I was able to get some universal nokia 2g & 3g scripts. I'll try to share them in this forum sometime (if I remember). Otherwise people are free to ping me for it anyways.

Hello to all Mac Users

In any one wants to use Net connect via Mobile phone - Bluetooth on MAC, there is a modem script available for the same. All the models which supports Bluetooth will work on MAC without and hassle and within seconds you can setup your acct for surfing @144 kbps.

The script is available right in your MAC. Its preloaded with your mac book. Or else for download mail at rachayeta@yahoo.com

Regards

Jignesh

Please send me the file for Huewaii card at addiecool at gmail.com I have also sent an email to your address

Hello Jignesh,

I have an iMac G5. I recently picked up the huawei usb modem (ec325) for the netconnect.

can you send me the steps/scripts for getting this combo going, please?

i have sent an email to your id, too.

thanx in advance,

;-p r a b u!

Hello Prabu,

Any luck in configuring the USD EC525 Modem to Mac OS. Please reply I need to buy a reliable wireless solution and this looks as the best option.

Thanks in advance,

Siva

Hello to all Mac Users

Regards

Jignesh

Hi Jignesh,

If it works for EC325 USD Modem I would like to receive the script & procedure please.

Thanks buddy,

Siva

Dear Mac Users

Good news for all of you. The long awaited mac modem script for USB based modem is now available. For further assistance or help for using your USB based Modem with your mac machines, please mail or call me. There will be a small fee attached for the script as I have spent more money to procure the script from someone else.

Thank you.

Email: rachayeta [at] yahoo.com

There will be a small fee attached for the script as I have spent more money to procure the script from someone else.

Thank you.

No need for the money folks. its available free on the net anyway....

Installed this modem on my macbook.

google search for launch2net on google or download it from here. download the software. its about 11 MB DMG file. Install on your mac. Its a demo package, but it installs the necessary drivers.

When you connect your modem, and go to network preferences, Network. It will say that it has detected a new huawei modem. Configure this modem. put in your service provider - reliance.

User name and password are your modem phone number.

The phone number to dial is as usual #777

In the modem tab, select the NM Universal Modem. I have disabled error checking etc. but you can play around with this and experiment. may have some effect on the speeds.

With this your modem should be installed. Click on Dial Now on the PPP tab and it should open internet connect and you should be able to connnect.

hope this helps.

jai guru dev

kashi

PS even though the DMG installer is a demo package, it installs the necessary scripts and hardware drivers to recognise the modem. thats the only reason we are installing it. It should also detect the modem automatically once you attach, but you can just force quit those applications.

Edited by kashi

Anyone got drivers for New USB model MG880 for Mac OS?

There will be a small fee attached for the script as I have spent more money to procure the script from someone else.

Thank you.

No need for the money folks. its available free on the net anyway....

Installed this modem on my macbook.

google search for launch2net on google or download it from here. download the software. its about 11 MB DMG file. Install on your mac. Its a demo package, but it installs the necessary drivers.

When you connect your modem, and go to network preferences, Network. It will say that it has detected a new huawei modem. Configure this modem. put in your service provider - reliance.

User name and password are your modem phone number.

The phone number to dial is as usual #777

In the modem tab, select the NM Universal Modem. I have disabled error checking etc. but you can play around with this and experiment. may have some effect on the speeds.

With this your modem should be installed. Click on Dial Now on the PPP tab and it should open internet connect and you should be able to connnect.

hope this helps.

jai guru dev

kashi

PS even though the DMG installer is a demo package, it installs the necessary scripts and hardware drivers to recognise the modem. thats the only reason we are installing it. It should also detect the modem automatically once you attach, but you can just force quit those applications.

What I have is not a huwaei modem it is a ZTE MG 880 USB wireless the new one that Reliance is offering these days. Do you know where we can find the drivers for these.

Sandya

I got it working last week. See here:

http://hari.selvarajan.googlepages.com/get...orkwithleopard2

It's a little bit technical and needs knowledge of the command-line and an editor, but I can confirm it does work, and quite well.

Cheers,

Hari

It's a little bit technical and needs knowledge of the command-line and an editor, but I can confirm it does work, and quite well.

Cheers,

Hari

I am happy to report that I followed these instructions for on my MacBook Pro running OS 10.4.11 and successfully have the ZTE MG 880 functioning less than 24 hours after it was activated at the Reliance store in Kolkata.

I'd like to add the following tips:

1) I used the text editor BBEdit Lite 6.1 for OS X. It was free when I downloaded it some time ago.

2) I had to unlock the file and change the owner from System to myself in order to be able to save the additions to file. After that I changed the owner back to System. (first time I couldn't figure out how to get the additions saved and messed everything up and had to start over). When I started over, it took 3 times for the driver file to properly install.

3) For those of you (like me) who had never opened a terminal window, it's found under Applications, Utilities, Terminal in OS 10.4.11.

4) Cut and paste from Hari's webpage for all the additions and the commands, that way you don't have to worry about messing up!

5) When I unplugged and replugged in the modem it recognized it as a "PL2303-"

6) After that I had to go to System Preferences, Network and make a new location in the Location box. In the Show box I put in PL2303- (this is where you have the choice of Ethernet, Bluetooth, Airport etc) and then I had to click on Modem.

7) It took me awhile to find it in the modem choices because mine comes up as an "au CDMA 1x WIN WO1K"

8) After that you enter the log in info and phone number. I can't quite remember exactly how/where those windows come up, but if you successfully make it this far, I'm sure you'll be able to work this part out.

Thanks so much Hari.

Maha'devii

This is good. I would also like if u can help me find a driver or dialer for MotorolaV-730. I am using a iBookG4 and am fed up trying for a driver for it. I need to connect to the net badly else thr is no use having a RIM.

Hi Buddy

Does your mobile phone support Bluetooth? if yes then it will work seamless with any Mac.

Regards

Jignesh Shah

Cheers,

Hari

I am happy to report that I followed these instructions for on my MacBook Pro running OS 10.4.11 and successfully have the ZTE MG 880 functioning less than 24 hours after it was activated at the Reliance store in Kolkata.

1) I used the text editor BBEdit Lite 6.1 for OS X. It was free when I downloaded it some time ago.

2) I had to unlock the file and change the owner from System to myself in order to be able to save the additions to file. After that I changed the owner back to System. (first time I couldn't figure out how to get the additions saved and messed everything up and had to start over). When I started over, it took 3 times for the driver file to properly install.

3) For those of you (like me) who had never opened a terminal window, it's found under Applications, Utilities, Terminal in OS 10.4.11.

4) Cut and paste from Hari's webpage for all the additions and the commands, that way you don't have to worry about messing up!

6) After that I had to go to System Preferences, Network and make a new location in the Location box. In the Show box I put in PL2303- (this is where you have the choice of Ethernet, Bluetooth, Airport etc) and then I had to click on Modem.

7) It took me awhile to find it in the modem choices because mine comes up as an "au CDMA 1x WIN WO1K"

8) After that you enter the log in info and phone number. I can't quite remember exactly how/where those windows come up, but if you successfully make it this far, I'm sure you'll be able to work this part out.

Thanks so much Hari.

Maha'devii

Cheers,

Hari

Thanks so much Hari.

Maha'devii

How do I unlock the file and change it from system to owner and vice versa... I used Hari Selvan's scripts but it did not allow me to save the infoplist in text editor and the ZTE MG 880 USB modem worked.... but after two days I tried again and it does not work..... kindly enligten....thanks ..... Sandya

Cheers,

Hari

Thanks so much Hari.

Maha'devii

How do I unlock the file and change it from system to owner and vice versa... I used Hari Selvan's scripts but it did not allow me to save the infoplist in text editor and the ZTE MG 880 USB modem worked.... but after two days I tried again and it does not work..... kindly enligten....thanks ..... Sandya

chk this.... it worked for me wasily...

view blog under www.rohitpurohit.com

hi guys,

:sos:

just got a new macbook pro, earlier was using the sierra card or reliance on the powerbook. I want to get the ZTE modem which looks good, small, convenient etc and am informed is faster than the Huwai, for which drivers are available.

While toying around came across the present discussion, have tried to follow what hari had indicated, but it did not work, have a few question, would be happy if you could help me out, please do also note that iam not a technical person like you guys.

1. Is it required that the ZTE modem is plugged in when the software is installed : i have not yet bought the modem

2. After installing i tried both

(a) Downloading the plist file and overwriting: the error i get is as regards permissions and i says it is not authentic

( B) editing the plist file when by pasting the script given by hari : cannot save it since it says i do not have permissions as suggested by maha'devil i did add myself and gave myself the read and write permissions but it is still not working.

I guess this is the problem that sandyrod is also facing, do let me know how i can overcome this issue, do also let me know what is the speed of the connection that you are able to achieve using the ZTE modem.

Suraj

Cheers,

Hari

Thanks so much Hari.

Maha'devii

chk this.... it worked for me wasily...

view blog under www.rohitpurohit.com