Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
SexyGurl

Tata - 2 yr Incoming Free

Some more points:

This scheme is valid till November 30, or till stocks last.There is no monthly commitment to recharge. Above all, the recharge coupons are available from Rs.50 with 100 percent talk time. For more info visit http://www.tataindicom.com/products/voice/...epaid/index.asp

Thanks and Take Care!

EDIT: Full News http://www.ciol.com/content/news/2005/105101411.asps

Edited by Rajanpert

but i read somewhere word by Tata's management that they will continue the scheme beyond nov 30 dependig on the response to the scheme. and i suppose they will as i expect that response will be phenomenal if they market it properly.

In a bid to give a fillip to the rapidly expanding telecom business, Tata Group Chief Ratan Tata Tuesday took charge as Chairman of the privately held company, Tata Teleservices (TTSL), after the incumbent Firdose Vandrewala quit the top post.

The Board of the company, which has so far pumped in over Rs 15,000 crore in the business, invited Rata Tata to head the Board, which the group supremo accepted.

"Firdose Vandrewala stepped down as the Chairman of the company". Mr Vandrewala had recently quit as Managing Director of Tata Power. 

am i gonna c a new Tata Indicom now :clap:

Edited by abhay

just now i heard conversation between a dealer and distributor at a shop that very soon tata is going to launch rs 180 voucher to give same 2yrs incoming validity to all old handsets (actually dealer was worried abt his old stock that he purchased recently)

180 ??

ONE HUNDRED EIGHTY RUPEES for incoming for 2 YEARS ??

This is crazy .... or maybe I misunderstood or you mistyped !

no it is true, it would be just to compensate for the handsets that dealers have purchase just before few days nearly at the same price as now with 2yrs validity.

otherwise how would they sell those handsets

I think TATA is adding a sufficiently high margin in the Handset price to mildly charge for the free incoming facility.

The handsets under the Non-stop mobile scheme are slightly costly.

eg. TATA Ace (Rs. 2499) looks like just a Rs. 2000/- rupee phone from reliance (so 500 rupees is hidden cost of incoming).

Other handsets are very costly. :

Samsung Neo, costing Rs. 2999 is comparable to Samsung Boss of reliance, which reliance sells for Rs. 2000/-

The other handsets (eg. Indicom Stat) at 3999 is hell too costly compared to LG 5130 (available at 3800 from reliance).

Even then, Tata cannot provide R-world type services on these handsets (so Indicom Star is of little use, even though, colored and data-enabled).

-----------------------------------

I think this is a mixed offer .... not in the class of monsoon hungama.

The hidden cost of incoming, is about 500 to 1000 in each hanset price.

No wonder, not so much hulla-gulla in the market place for it.

If v consider d handset with 2 year incoming It costs approx

Rs 4000 166 rs per month

Rs 2500 104 rs per month

Rs 3000 125 rs per month

If v consider min incoming recharge without handset

It wil cost Rs 3576 + Rs 2000 min handset price = 5576

So Tata will become great hit in basic & budget user segment :clap:

these offer r great for budget users, most of students will luv this offer, parents will easily gift these handsets to their children as it is like a one time investment. as for as we talk abt hidden cost, the tata has not come with popular handsets so that there be no comparison in prices

boos yeh offer unnn logon ke liya Jhakassss hai jo bas incoming chahte hain..aur kucch nahn jaise u give ur driver or dhobhi or sabji wala(My sabjiwala has RIM)..etc etc....

Incase d persons wants outgoing he can recharge with ne voucher that too with ful talk time not like reliance with rim 2 rim calling now that is also a very big advantage & As per some dealers tata is having (not confirmed) or coming with d recharge vouchers which can giv these users free tata 2 tata for 2 years.

Here are the Mobile Handsets being offered with Non-Stop Mobile Scheme.

Indicom ACE

indicom_ace_small.gif

Features:

Stylish candybar phone.

96*64 pixel Mono 1.5" LCD.

Bright color-film display screen .

Polyphonic ring tones.

200 phonebook memory.

Samsung Neo

samsung_neo_small.gif

Features:

Slim & stylish candybar phone.

B&W handset: yellow-green backlight.

English/Hindi language support.

2000 phone book memory.

Polyphonic ringers.

Kyocera Prisma

Kyocera_prisma_small.gif

Features:

Stylish colour, candybar phone.

Speakerphone.

Polyphonic ringers.

Backlit keypads.

one dealer told me that, if you recharge non-stop mobile with 180 RCV(0123 Plan), you get 2 years tata2tata free along with 2 years incoming.

So please someone verify that and let us know.

Utsav ..... you missed Indicom Star. It seemed the visibly most appealing model to me (though, it's also the costliest at 3999).

The indicom site says that these 4 models are "exclusively" available with the non-stop mobile offer.

But it's not clear, if the other models (eg. Nokia models) could also be bought with Non-stop mobile offer. They are silent on this ... which could mean:

(1) Those models could be bought with the regular plans ... AS WELL AS non-stop mobile offer, OR

(2) Those models could be bought ONLY with the regular plans.

What is the truth?

The only handset that could captivate me was the Pocket PC one... the one running windows CE!!! love the looks mate

Cheers

Ashok

The indicom site says that these 4 models are "exclusively" available with the non-stop mobile offer.

I could'nt find the link for Non Stop mobile on tataindicom.com for the new service, could u pls provide the exact link of their website. :P

Not Exactly bhutes! I've mentioned only those handsets which are available with Only Non-Stop Mobile offer. There are so many Handsets available with TATA.

EGO-Pocket PC "LOOKS' good but I do not see memory expansion capabilities. No 3G capabilities though Tata Network seems to be already 3G compatible. Still probably long way to go as far as hand sets are concerned.

There press release states that Indicom Star is available on non-stop mobile offer.... thought the handset listing does not mention that.

I'd trust the press release, more than the handset listinng ... .they probably forgot to update the pop-up for Indicom Star on the handset page.

Incase d persons wants outgoing he can recharge with ne voucher that too with ful talk time not like reliance with rim 2 rim calling now that is also a very big advantage & As per some dealers tata is having (not confirmed) or coming with d recharge vouchers which can giv these users free tata 2 tata for 2 years.

44438[/snapback]

Fact is that since these handsets come with 2 yrs validity u wont need recharge vouchers i suppose... mere top-up cards will do the need full. If u really hv low outgoing calls then top up with for example 100bucks and use it 4 2 yrs.

Gr8 offer.

Only if there was post-paid type also.

Get connectn and phn for 2400rs etc.No rental 4 2 yrs. Pay as much as u talk. Billing only when out going calls cross a certain limit.(ex.Rs.300 or can be custom set), no monthly billing hassle.

Never get stuck in an emergency due to low balance. Celebrate the Tatas.

All entry level handsets seem to be of the category of Rs. 500-1000. This same strategy was used by RIM in a very effective manner during its launch! So, keeping ur mobile live for incoming for 2 yrs at a cost of 2000 is quite a good marketing gimmik!

And moreover, all those who rave that TATA gives 100% talktime on its prepaid, can please check up its tariffs as well.

All entry level handsets seem to be of the category of Rs. 500-1000. This same strategy was used by RIM in a very effective manner during its launch! So, keeping ur mobile live for incoming for 2 yrs at a cost of 2000 is quite a good marketing gimmik!

And moreover, all those who rave that TATA gives 100% talktime on its prepaid, can please check up its tariffs as well.

44494[/snapback]

my apologies if i am contradicting you, but the fact is 0123 plan is one of the cheapest prepaid plan vailable a sof today compared to any other operator here in Delhi.

Lolz! No apologies needed, dude! yeh, 0123 seems to be too good.. But on a long term basis, even RIM offered us some great stuff and now it almost seems to be some fume!! So wait n watch... No point getting a cheap handset jus for some "scheme"!