Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
ashras99

Copyright Infringement Letter

Guys, I received a letter from Reliance.com that mentioned....

" It has been reported to us that the Reliance Phone No. 0xxxxxxxxx was used for accessing Internet, using Reliance R-connect data service and some information of a Copyright Product owned by a company was downloaded from a Network Community on Sep xx,2005 at 05:15hrs IST that leads to Copyright Infringement"

We would request you to take this into notice and request you to kindly ensure that such incidents are not repeated in the future. In case there is repeated misuse of the Rconnect service, we might be constrained to discontinue the Reliance service.

Anyone else received these type of letters....and what the hell is this?

Interesting... definetly new. so, anti-piracy is catching up here in india too...

Have you edited anything else in the contents of the letter except for the date and your phone number? Because this letter seems too unprofessional and too vague. They haven't mentioned the complainiant, the details of the complaint, the product that whose copyright was infringed. Too vague...

sounds bogus to me

Edited by harsh

You should take Reliance to Court for causing un-necessary mental harassment.

-------------------------In lighter vein--------------------

You could jump off a 5 storey building .... and claim in the court that because of the MENTAL AGONY caused by this letter, you conceived suicide .... and RELIANCE is to blame for it.

Demand a HEFTY compensation from Reliance, for wrecking you happy life.

Use the opportunity, this letter brings to you, man. DON'T WASTE THIS GOLDEN OPPORTUNITY TO .... AH .... gEt RiCh QuIcK

no wonder...

but dont u worry, ur not alone - every single movie we download thro torrents CAN be brought under 'copyright infringement' (if pursued)... they hadnt done it so far, now they seem to be starting.

would be interesting to c how far they take it...

oh, btw - great movie this madagascar :):) cute and cudley boyz, cute & cudley ;)

LOL, Big brother is watching you ! what was the from email address in the email ?

boss this is really a serious problem......one gets on internet and the privacy is not left...they are monitoring......arre yaar jab broadband pe acchi speed milegi tabhi toh MAAAAAAlll download karenge

Holy goodness... where is the world headed to. Tommorrow they might have cops following me coz I was on a terror site, or maybe trace me out to be using obscene language !

Where is the world headed to? Anil do u think u can morally police us ? well mate, go ahead terminate the service ? what do u expect we cant get a new mobile number? I mean faking a document is a minutes job, and well if u are talking about connectivity! kool ... seen any of the "WAY FASTER ISP's? " well R-connect is just an emergency media...

Btw.. ashras99 u can try to drag them around, and claim that ur bank details have been misused, and since u have a clear proof that they were monitoring u... u can literally make them pay their buck on their hind legs!

Cheers

Ashok

the only suggestions i have for now is to go public (i.e., to the media) with the letter and then write to the chairman also

its absurd to send a notice that's vague like

'you have done something bad at sometime'

all legal notices MUST be specific about the violation i feel

so they must say which website & what was downloaded etc.

Any idea who snitched on you and/or how they knew what you did? Reliance themselves won't take the trouble to monitor your activities. What did you use? Kazaa Light or ...?

Edited by ujmvjm

They mentioned in the email that you know about various national and international agencies monitor the internet traffic and one of them report with your IP address alloted on sep 24,2005.

I am using edonkey & kazaa light.

http://www.chillingeffects.org/submit.cgi

just copy the text of the email into this form for a free analysis of what action you can take...

and let us know the output!

Chilling Effects Clearinghouse

A joint project of the Electronic Frontier Foundation and Harvard, Stanford, Berkeley, University of San Francisco, University of Maine, George Washington School of Law, and Santa Clara University School of Law clinics.

Do you know your online rights?

Have you received a letter asking you to remove information from a Web site or to stop engaging in an activity?

Are you concerned about liability for information that someone else posted to your online forum?

If so, this site is for you.

Chilling Effects aims to help you understand the protections that the First Amendment and intellectual property laws give to your online activities. We are excited about the new opportunities the Internet offers individuals to express their views, parody politicians, celebrate their favorite movie stars, or criticize businesses. But we've noticed that not everyone feels the same way. Anecdotal evidence suggests that some individuals and corporations are using intellectual property and other laws to silence other online users. Chilling Effects encourages respect for intellectual property law, while frowning on its misuse to "chill" legitimate activity.

The website offers background material and explanations of the law for people whose websites deal with topics such as Fan Fiction, Copyright, Domain Names and Trademarks, Anonymous Speech, and Defamation.

In addition, we want your help. We are gathering a searchable database of Cease and Desist notices sent to Internet users like you. We invite you to input Cease and Desist letters that you've received into our database, to document the chill.

We will respond by linking the legalese in the letters to FAQs that explain the allegations in plain English.

Periodically, we issue "weather reports" assessing the climate for Internet activity based on the letters we receive and news reports. What areas (topics, legal categories, jurisdictions) are coolest to online conduct? What activities risk being frozen out altogether? What conduct gets the warmest reception?

google!

type a phrase like 'copyright violation letter' or some variation thereof...

STFW!!

(if u don't know RTFM, then u would not know this)

:D

Ashras hows the movie Madgascar... hehe just kidding buddy..

i think reliance is trying to create some kind of fear... andhere me teer feka hai.. aur wo ashras ko lag gaya...

what thinks yo guys??