Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
colo

New Time Based R-connect Plans !

Has Reliance withdrawn/ closed the platinum plan (unlimited usage) ?

Anybody have a clue?

Edited by Arun

From where did u get this information?

I'm too under this plan!

I hv not get ne info about it.

Pls mention the source of ur infomation...

the "freedom at night" planworks fine for me...

BTW how good is the Platinum plan aneway..??

darling "freedom at night" kya hai bhai, are u talking abt default plan, well i am quite satisfied by my freedom plan, but what i suggest reliance is to give unlimited usage @ rs 500/- now, becauase now the competition is quite tough, erliance has to fight with broadband plaN OF MANY new companies.

plan6sc.png

Freedom@Night is simply the best i just changed my plan from freedom to

Freedom@Night

dhiru ke lal ne mera raat ka nend le liya

The faq says they changed their billing system because people were bitChi-n-g about the data usage and how it was calculated! http://www.relianceinfo.com/Infocomm/Rim/r..._details.html#a

Anyways this new plan s**ks in my opinion for Platinum users! $#$$#@% reliance!

----------------

Can I change between tariff plans? From the current Freedom/Freedom Plus and Platinum plan to Time based monthly commitment plans?

Yes you can change from the current Freedom/Freedom Plus and Platinum plan to the new Time based monthly commitment plans

(For an existing RIM/FWP user) However you cannot migrate to any other Freedom/Freedom Plus and Platinum plan. (Note for customer care: Pls explain all the five new options)

(For new RIM/FWP customers) (Note for customer care: Pls explain the five new Time based plan option

----------------------------

And how poorely is their faq on their website written!!! Doesn't anyone proof this stuff before its hosted!!!

Edited by anujit

What are the data plans options available to me as a RIM/FWP user ?

(for an existing RIM/FWP user) We have discontinued the Freedom/Freedom Plus and Platinum R Connect . If an existing non-commercial user is already in the Freedom/Freedom Plus or Platinum plan, he will continue to remain in his existing Freedom/Freedom Plus and Platinum plan. However he cannot migrate to any other Freedom/Freedom Plus and Platinum plan. You can however choose from our new Time based R Connect plans

So the data based plans are not withdrawn for existing users. The Freedom@Night plan does look good for night birds. Anyway, platinum plan was the best, too bad it isn't available for new users anymore !

Interesting quotes from the new FAQ...

Why are R Connect tariffs higher than BSNL?

* BSNL is a Wireline service, which allows you to access Internet only from the place of installation of your BSNL landline.

* R Connect is a wireless Internet service, which allows you to surf the net from anywhere across more than 2500 towns in India, wherever Reliance network is available.

* R Connect is a pure digital service with benefits such as instant connectivity, no disconnections and faster speeds compared to the analog service, which BSNL offers.

Thus as both the services are different in terms of access and R Connect has more benefits, both the services cannot be compared.

Will I get waiver/credit for the hours when the speed is very slow, in Time based monthly commitment plans?

The speed will depend on a variety of factors like:

the number of voice and data users in your area,

signal strength available at the time of connection,

the site you are visiting,

your computer configuration,

network load, and

internet traffic,

Your actual speed can be as high as 144kbps, but in most real-world situations, you can expect average speeds of 20-40kbps. Hence since it is difficult to decipher the actual reason for low speeds, it is not possible to give a waiver /credit for the hours /speed related issue.

There should have been some unlimited plan also unlimited time and data usage ...for heavy usage

but freedom @ is perfect plan for me

now they should also introduce pre paid voucher for all these plans .. for prepaid customers

all the new plans really s*cks, i use net for more than 6 hrs daily and i am always within 1gb limit off my freedom plan. the new plan are useful only for those who continously download data. moreover instead of reducing price for platinum plan, the reliance s*ckers withdrawn the plan.

These Reliance ppl are on the fast track of losing whatever credibility they have left. Barely 10 months after launching the Data Based Freedom and Platinum Plans they have discontinued them for RIM/FWP and restricted these to their stupid Data Cards.

They were anyway not able to sell those f***ing cards, so now they're pushing it down ppl's throats who intend to use data plans must buy those cards.

Anyways, lucky ones like me who had subscribed to this plan before would get a chance to use it till I change to any other plan.

These ppl will realize the folly of changing plans too soon, they will lost customer faith.

@Anujit!

This FAQ is not poorely written! These all data are related to the Customer care which wrongly published here. This is the data which given to Customer Care by the Marketting team to help him in handling of customer properly. It will removed by the reliance as they check it again.

@Arun!

You are right! The first plan is most suitable to the Night User as i.

Thanks and Take Care!

Okay... time based plans esp Freedm@nite is good but whut about power users... u just cant take away the platinum plan.On-net pack gone and now this... where is Reliance headed...

And BTW evrytime the high cost of RConnect (compared to bsnl) has been justified on the virtue of it being MOBILE but what about FWP users... its not mobile.

So there should be lower RConnect rates for FWP users as it was when FWP was first launched... 3min pulse, 10min pulse during night sundays , 10p/min additional isp (RCIL) something like BSNL

@Rajan

It may be purposefully inserted into the FAQ for the CC to check. Remember that CC does check reianceinfo.com often for verifications from their terminals.

@RSumit

Thats true, as per their FAQ, they have done injustice to FWP users since they have to pay the same tariff as RIM inspite of being immobile ! Afterall, thats the reason why Reliance admits too for the higer pricing than other providers like BSNL.

BTW, note that Platinum/freedom/freedom plus plans were not withdrawn for customers already subscribed to the old data plans, which makes those existing plantinum users lucky !

and what is the default plan now?

I mean i wasnt under any plan, only used r connect when my broadband(so called) was down.

What do i pay, guess earlier it was 50p/25p/min

well most of the data plans / time plans are for Postpaid users ... and well for prepaid ... I guess we still stand to loose..

Cheers

Ashok

I guess the default plan is 50p/25p/min as before for both post paid as well as prepaid. Post paid users have the choice of opting for any of the new time based plans. I've heard R-Connect RCV for Prepaid are on the anvil !

New Time based Plans are available to RIM Postpaid, R Connect Card & FWP/FWT only. It is clearly mentioned in R-Connect Tariffs page. I have also confirmed the same from RIM CC right now (October 15th, 2005 @ 16:45 hrs).

For more details you mey check New Time based Tariff Plan FAQ'S page of RIM website.

After Reading the http://www.relianceinfo.com/Infocomm/Rim/r...afiff_faqs.html . I understand the strategy of Reliance what they r doing. They are discontinuing the data tariff plan for Mobile User and FWP User coz they want to sell their R-Connect Card i.e very costly Rs.14,000/- Per Card. So they r still remaining these plans for R-Connect Cards Only.

Freedom@Night Plan is really good for Data Download user at Night.

Time Based Plans are good for Time Based User and Data Download User Also.

But Swift 180 Plan is very funny. One who r using Patinium Plan Rs.1500/- Per Month for Unlimited Data Usage, why will he bound with Time Limitation.

They r not have any option for unlimited data usage in the new time base plan.

I am using Platinum Plan on RIM. My question is : Have they right discontiued my plan, if they have then what are our right to fight in court ?

Comment : Reliance Infocomm is really very bakwas.

Any plan should be continued at least upto 6 months since introduction. You can do nothing as far as current rules go.

Here is the some confirm points about new R Connect Plans:

1. Freedom@night, Swift40 is for only RIM and FWP customers.

2. Swift72, Swift100, Swift180 are for RIM/FWP/DATA Card customers.

3. Freedom, Freedom Plus, Platinum are only for Data Card (Not used with FWP/RIM).

4. Default Plan (Zero rental data plan (0.25/0.50 Rs. per min) in R Connect Card table is

available to all prepaid customers and all postpaid customers necessarily with some voice

plan of customer’s choice.

Thanks and Take Care!

since today afternoon i have lost the speed of rconnect. i think after they have launched the time based plans they have reduced the speed so that one has to conume more hours as early and the bill will rise. one more way of cheating by reliance.

There is no speed mismatch in my case. It may be due to some network problem in your area.

Thanks and Take Care!

Here is the some confirm points about new R Connect Plans:

1. Freedom@night, Swift40 is for only RIM and FWP customers.

2. Swift72, Swift100, Swift180 are for RIM/FWP/DATA Card customers.

3. Freedom, Freedom Plus, Platinum are only for Data Card (Not used with FWP/RIM).

4. Default Plan (Zero rental data plan (0.25/0.50 Rs. per min) in R Connect Card table is

available to all prepaid customers and all postpaid customers necessarily with some voice

plan of customer’s choice.

Thanks and Take Care!

44016[/snapback]

Well said buddy.... U r the one who has clearly understood all the plans launched by Reliance. Pls understand this is how an ISP market works. The indian customer doesnot understand what is MB and GB's but they understand hours they have used.

Imagine a situation when your cyber cafe guy starts asking you money on the basis of data exchange insted of time....

At that time I am sure u will curse him and will come down to your home.

Reliance has not reduced any speed and will contin. concentrate on the customer care which is the moto of the Chairman Sh. Anil Ambani.

Infact something good for u all is that Reliance is about to bring Prepaid Data Cards very soon.

Regards,

Rahul