Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Arun

All about Nokia 6235

pls help me to upload my Phone book in *.csv format to 6235 using PC Sync

Nokia 6235 will be launched by Reliance in the coming days and the price will be in the range of Rs.8000 to Rs.9000 !

Check out Nokia Website for the official listing.

I'm attaching a product review of the handset which has details regarding R-World, R-Connect, etc. Check it out !

dear sir,

actually i am having a nokia 6235 handset in which there is no reliance software loaded. but i want to transform that phone into a reliance india mobile. is there any way. plzzzzz suggest soon

Very Confused by ajai statement. :lol: Or u hav brought Tata's handset & want to convert into RIM.Nice way of asking :P

how can i install infrared for nokia PC sync on XP.

actualy I am without Service pack 1 & 2.

got service packs but faied to install.

on my 2000 server it works fine.

pls help.

u hav to install d windows xp drivers then it will work.download it from manufacturers website.

Hi EO

First of all, a very happy new year to all!

I came across RIMweb when I was surfing the net trying to decide whether to upgrade my phone. I had an LG RD2130 and was thinking of replacing it with the new Nokia 6235. The posts here were really helpful and in the end I made up my mind to get the 6235!

I bought my 6235 handset two weeks ago at Bangalore. Cost me Rs 8,500/- minus what I got for my old handset. Seeing that quite a few reviews have been already written it prob. doesn't make much sense for me to add anything. However, I thought I'd just share my experience with the phone so far.

The screen is a 65k colour TFT LCD. Very colourful indeed but somehow seems a little dull compared to a few other phones I've seen. The 5-way joystick is pretty useful but takes a little time getting used to. The other thing is that it seems way too tight and can be painful sometimes!

The keypad buttons are separated horizontally by what I can best describe as vertical dividing strips. The keys are at the same level as the front panels on the phone and not raised like in most other phones. This makes it slightly difficult while typing messages but shouldn't be too much of a problem as the keys are soft. On the whole the tactile feel is good but could have been better.

The battery was a major consideration when changing my handset. My old RD 2130 used to last just over a day during the last few weeks. So far, the battery backup on the 6235 has been decent. It usually lasts two whole days and some. The maximum I've got is two-and-a-half days with medium usage. Charging usually takes about an hour and a half (I could be wrong about this as I haven't measured it accurately!)

The sound quality is good both with and without the hands-free kit. I've had no problems even when travelling on the road with the usual traffic noises all around. Haven't used the FM radio too much but from what I have I can tell you that it sounds very good indeed! Speaker output too is loud enough I guess.

The camera captures pics. at 640x480 pixels. So far, pictures I've taken have turned out pretty decent. Quality is good when light is adequate but is very pixelated in low light conditions. The only way I've manages to transfer pictures to my PC is thus: Sent images via IR to a Nokia 6600 and from there to my PC using Bluetooth!

PC-Sync and R-Connect are two things I haven't used so far. I enquired about the DKU-2 cable at both a Nokia Priority dealer outlet and a Reliance WW. The price quoted was Rs 1600 at the WW and Rs 1750 at the Nokia outlet. Has anyone managed to get a cable for less??

My experience with this phone so far has been reasonably good. It looks sleek and also has a professional touch to it. Its two shade grey colour is quite well suited for the workplace as it isn't too flashy.

Not much I admit, but I'd be happy to answer any queries you may have about this model!

Akshay

good review akshay you can go ahead and expand a nit.

As for DKU2 you can get it for as low as 100 rs from any local market.

where are u stationed?

I am using 6235 from last 2-3 days and i am very happy with its battery performance. Even rworld on 6235 has sufficient appl.

good review akshay you can go ahead and expand a nit.

As for DKU2 you can get it for as low as 100 rs from any local market.

where are u stationed?

Hi Tanveer

I'm stationed at Bangalore but shuttle to Chennai now and then.

I managed to get a DKU-2 cable yesterday at Chennai from some local dealer. Installed the Nokia PC suite, which was a breeze, and then connected the phone to my PC. My cell was immediately recognized and all was in readiness. The first thing I tried was to copy all images on my cell to the comp. That got done pretty fast and the pics. once copied seemed in pretty good shape. The only other thing I tried was copying an image from my comp. onto the phone using the file explorer. Wanted to experiment a little more but was in a bit of a hurry...

There are a few things I forgot to mention in my review. These are features that you wouldn't notice or miss too much, but thought I'd mention them anyway.

On my old LG phone, whenever I added a new contact from either a received message or a call, the recent call list and the message recipient would get updated to show the contact name instead of the number. However, on the 6235, the call register and the message recipient don't change immediately. Its only the next time a message or a call is received that the contact name is shown. Guess its the same with all Nokia phones...

Another nice feature on my RD 2130 was the facility to set multiple alarms. I could set upto 3 alarms at a time which was quite useful particularly whenever I travel. Here, the only option is to change the alarm time which could be dangerous if I forget to change it back to the original value :) !

Akshay

Akshay can u pls try rconnect on this phone & explain how it works(means wat speed & continuity) u get.

Akshay can u pls try rconnect on this phone & explain how it works(means wat speed & continuity) u get.

Hi

Sure thing...Will try it out today or tommorrow and let you know about RConnect!

BTW, I'd like to know if the battery backup that I'm getting with my phone is allright or not. The charge usually stays for two whole days with medium usage. When on roaming though, the battery seems to drain pretty fast!

Akshay

Edited by akshay

R-Connect speed is cool and I normally get bout 14-16 kbps

Further, Akshay, for the alarm part, I have managed to download multiple applications of "Alarms" on my phone which works perfectly to activate multiple alarms like in the 2130!!

Sorry dear..I meant 14-16 KB/sec........

Edited by theking

Sory king just joking.Which cable u r using & which brand.pls clarify i am not getting that much speed in my nokia 3105 & also frequent disconnection & simply after 1 minute no Rx & Tx occurs.Btw I hav tried every method mentioned in d forum for this problem.

Further, Akshay, for the alarm part, I have managed to download multiple applications of "Alarms" on my phone which works perfectly to activate multiple alarms like in the 2130!!

Hey

Thats a nice idea! Thanks a lot...Will try it out!

I seem to have a problem using RConnect but thats probably because I haven't read all the material there is out there. I installed Nokia PC Suite first and then clicked on "Connect to the internet". However, the next screen that popped up informed me that no modems were found! I can see the modem installed in my modems list in Control Panel though. I tried installing the cable drivers next but the installation did not proceed because another version of the driver was already installed. I then realized that I probably do not have to install the cable drivers separately. I'll try setting up a dial-up connection the usual way. Can anyone tell me if I'm on the right track! Sorry, if this info. is already elsewhere :) !

Akshay

i use Chettah data cable which i got for Rs.250

Akshay:-Try this..

Go to My computers, right click, properties....then go to hardware-device manager-modems-Nokia 6235 USB

Double click that and go to Advanced....

At the Extra initialization command, type in:-

AT+CRM=1;+CSO=33

Now u can directly access r-connect through modems and u need not go to Nokia PC suite

Hey

Thanks a lot for the information! I assume you mean that after I follow these steps I would need to create a dial-up connection, am I right?

BTW, could anyone verify if the battery backup I'm getting is allright or not? As I said earlier, a single charge lasts for just about two days with occasional image captures, IR transfers, medium talk-time (sorry, can't be more precise!), general fiddling around with the gallery, contacts, messages etc. In summary, I guess you could call it normal usage :) !

One more thing, is there any way of transferring text messages stored on this phone to the comp.?

Akshay

6235 video's output format is "3GPP2 Content".......has anyone tried to edit the video or convert the file to some other format like Avi/mpeg?

There has to be something through which we can chage the video size without affecting the resolution... :(

Fyip..the video output details are as follows:-

Max Bit Rate: 14.0 Kbps

Avg Bit Rate: 55.7 Kbps

Height: 96

Width: 128

Stream: 0 Video Track

MIME type: video/X-RN-3GPP-H263

Avg Stream Bit Rate: 41.7 Kbps

Stream: 1 Audio Track

MIME type: audio/X-RN-MP4-RAWAU

Max Stream Bit Rate: 14.0 Kbps

Edited by theking

Guys,

Check this out......AT Command Set For Nokia CDMA Products:- (PS:-I hadnt yet got the time to go through....anyone aware of the details can pls share).........

http://rapidshare.de/files/10330628/AT_Com...1_1_en.pdf.html

hi everybody,

well if any gamers out there need some games for nokia 6235 then log on to www.funmaza.com and have fun lots of games lots of tunes lots of videos everything a big mobile hub and all important symbian softwares too but sorry for 6235 owners symbian softwares doesn't work

thats it for now keep mailing

Regards

Akshay

Akshay.....

Multiple alarms are provisioned in 6235.....add a note in Calender and put the repeat on from where u can set the alarm to daily,weekly,fortnightly,monthly or yearly :D

Rock it!!