Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Arun

All about Nokia 6235

to convert videos from 3gp to mpg/avi and vice versa use nokia multimedia convertor, its free. just be member at forums.nokia.com you get serial free.

there are many other softwares available, if you want pm me

Nokia Multimedia convertor martinetly does not support 6235's 3GPP2 Content......cant understand why...

I tried with all other available softwares from the net but nothin supports those files.....

Multiple alarms are provisioned in 6235.....add a note in Calender and put the repeat on from where u can set the alarm to daily,weekly,fortnightly,monthly or yearly

Hi

Thanks a lot! Nice tweak you found there! Wish I was able to come up with useful stuff like that :D !

I tried RConnect yesterday but very briefly 'cause my monitor started to act up! Hope to be able to post some statistics soon!

Akshay

This didnt impress me much....

My 6235, purchased a month back shows a capacity space of 10.6MB whereas a friend of mine who has just purchased his phone shows a space of 14.4 MB!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Even the local Nokia Care guys are unable to get the difference!!!!)

Can everyone pls share whats ur's phone space????????

Edited by theking

yes even I hv experienced same.

this myt happen when u hv deleted some files. they are stored in your phone for somtime. remove battery and check.

this myt help.

Mate,

U mean to say that even u had the same bug of 10.6MB but when u reinstalled the battery, it again restored to 14.5MB?

Please guide as i have laminated the phone and to take out the battery, i will have to strip off the babe naked....

Further guys, did any one of you tried the AT commands?

yes even I hv experienced same.

this myt happen when u hv deleted some files. they are stored in your phone for somtime. remove battery and check.

this myt help.

No dear.......tried pulling the battery and reinstalling........thats not working too!!!!!

Can users please share the space they r getting?

Guys,

Any idea about ringtones through 1234 services of reliance for this phone? I could get only ringtones in NRT format through these services. I want polyphonic ringtones though..Help is appreciated.

Yokel

Hi

Just checked the memory on my phone. It shows the total memory as 14.1 MB!

BTW, I tried RConnect yesterday. I was supposedly connected at 460.8 kbps though I wonder if that was the actual speed. Total connection time was 7 minutes during which all was smooth and there were no disconnections or any other hitches.

Akshay

Hi,

Can anyone tell me whether videos in the Rworld are accessible in this 6235, because this is not accessible on my present handset 3125. I wish to upgrade either to 6235 or to 3155 and confused after reading the reviews in this forum. can anyone guide me.

With regards

ALT

Edited by alt

belive me or not but I got orignal DKU-2 data cable without CD for just Rs 250/-.

Person took it from Nokia handset sealed pack (GSM). He said many folks don't need it. so they never ask for it.

I got average speed of 450. :) Following is my magitime report generated for this connection.

Connection IP Address Speed (KB) Access Sent (KB) Receive (KB)

*****************************************************************************************

Nokia dku-2 450.0 00:21:47 659 3274

*****************************************************************************************

Grand Total 00:21:47 659 3274

Nokia is really Nokia.

Edited by Saurav

Yeah...but the speed is electrifying..........I got a download speed of 20-21KB/sec at late night!!

I normally use BSNL Sancharnet for surfing. It gets connected on different speed at different time. Magitime report reflects different speed for different connections.

(I always connect using same modem without changing any settings.)

For Gtran speed reflected is 112.5.

belive me or not but I got orignal DKU-2 data cable without CD for just Rs 250/-.

Hi

I too got a DKU-2 cable the same way! A dealer gave me the cable that he got with his Nokia cell, saying he had no use for it. Had to shell out Rs 700/- though :) !

BTW, here's one thing I noticed with the solution suggested for multiple alarms. Setting notes in the calendar works perfectly fine. The only problem is that it doesn't ring when the phone is switched off! For that to happen, you need to use the alarm!

Akshay

I got orignal DKU-2 data cable with CD for just Rs 150/-

Edited by amitbt22

anyone from mumbai, who got this cable so cheap? suggest me a place too!

Any one tried using R-Connect through IR in 6235?........does it work well?....pls share

I got orignal DKU-2 data cable with CD for just Rs 100/-

i require that too . any source , do let me know

Hi all, after a week of deliberations and of course grateful help from the members of this forum, I bought a new handset and it was the NK 6235. :clap: I got it for 8.1k at my hometown. I got it only on Sunday so cannot say much except that i have liked the set and its pretty decent. I wud like to know where i can get the data cable too.

Another query, in my previous handset lg 2130 the call lists contained all the numbers clearly differentiated so that it could be understood which number has been called how many times and when. but here i am facing the peculiar situation where only the last dialled call of any number gets saved, while all other older calls to the same number gets deleted. Can anyone shed light on this? :blink::quest:

Waiting for your replies.

Another query, in my previous handset lg 2130 the call lists contained all the numbers clearly differentiated so that it could be understood which number has been called how many times and when. but here i am facing the peculiar situation where only the last dialled call of any number gets saved, while all other older calls to the same number gets deleted. Can anyone shed light on this? :blink::quest:

Waiting for your replies.

It's a nokia style of software from edges no change specially for series s40 platform phones. Also a fact when u dial d new no & after dat save d no with name it will not get updated in call list as in others. :clap:

No Amit sire..u r wrong...just go to options when the no. is displayed (either in dialled, missed or received calls) and go to "time of call"....here u will get the last 5 times history....

Cool right !!

King u hav mistaken me .Only told about name refresh in call lists after saving d no. :) .