Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Arun

All about Nokia 6235

got ya...

r2d2, did this phone hang up again for you? I find this phone hanging up once in a while. Otherwise, its a lovely piece. Anyone else facing the same issue? any workarounds?

Hi Chirag... Saw your post as above (I know it's a long long time since you posted that).

I got a 6235 about 2 weeks back. And even my set keeps hanging up (actually it switches itself off) very often. Looks like I am one of the few unlucky ones facing this problem wid this beautiful set. Is that problem still there wid your phone or were you able to find a workaround? Please let me know.

I'll check the s/w version of the phone tomorrow morning and post in on this thread.

latest s/w is VS100V1000.nep RM-60

c if this can help ya....

Edited by theking

latest s/w is VS100V1000.nep RM-60

c if this can help ya....

I could not find the software version of my phone. I tried *#0000# but it only shows "Nokia 6235" on the screen. Please guide me on this.

*3001#12345#

And even my set keeps hanging up (actually it switches itself off) very often. Looks like I am one of the few unlucky ones facing this problem wid this beautiful set. Is that problem still there wid your phone or were you able to find a workaround? Please let me know.

No, it doesn't hang up that often. But it does, once in a while, pretty rare. I guess, this is the issue with most phones, these days. But atleast, we dont lose valuable data on the phone, after a reboot.

Have you tried a Infrared Dongle or a Cable to transfer Images and Videos?? I'm still to do that. Was wondering what wud be the best option!

Chirag

U can upload using infrared as well as data cable. i hv used both but prefer Data Cable.

Mine never got hanged up..totally happy with it!

And yeah...data cable works perfect for transferring images and video...

Thnx guys! I'm looking for the Data Cable now!

Hi guys, I am pretty satisfied with my nokia 6235. The camera is simply beautiful. however, I am puzzled by the zoom function. the zoom mode provides several markings , presumably for different settings of zoom. But the joystick moves the pointer only to the min and max points. Any idea how it can be set for the other points?

There is only 1 zoom available...the pointer, i guess cannot be setup in between..And i was not satisfied with the zoom feature, the image resolution as well as the size deteriorates !

nokia 6235 is a fine cell, working nicely for me, would recommend to all

Go to R-World, More Services, Tool Kit and Clear memory...

This will reset it to 14.4...

I recently got my 6235. Its overall nice phone but few things i noticed:

1. Double/triple sms is not supported.

2. After the inbox text it don;t show how many messages r there in inbox. (just keep on showing -)

3. Whenever i get a call the tone also ring in ascending volume. Although even if i change it from tone setting it remain the same.

4. Have tried uploading 3gp, mp4 format and it don't play the video. Any ideas which format is supported?

Any help on these issues will be gr8.

My question to all the users of 6235, I know that the memory is limited and cannot be extented but still does it play MP3 songs (atlest 8 to 10 songs) Please give ur feednack.

Ya it can play 8-10 provided they r smaller than 1mb :unsure: . But this set really do play mp3's without any prob.

Thanks for your feedback !

Ya it can play 8-10 provided they r smaller than 1mb :unsure: . But this set really do play mp3's without any prob.

I recently got my 6235. Its overall nice phone but few things i noticed:

1. Double/triple sms is not supported.

2. After the inbox text it don;t show how many messages r there in inbox. (just keep on showing -)

3. Whenever i get a call the tone also ring in ascending volume. Although even if i change it from tone setting it remain the same.

4. Have tried uploading 3gp, mp4 format and it don't play the video. Any ideas which format is supported?

Any help on these issues will be gr8.

buddy it plays 3gp video quite well and 3gpp2 format also, it does not support mp4. only advantage of 3gpp2 format is it adds sound as well :unsure: i use ImTOO 3GP Video Converter for creating video clips it works quite well. if you need the serial pm me.

i do not have any idea about double/triple sms es so :unsure:

6235 supports everything dude except mp4.....just search...

And yeah...i normally have 10-12 mp3 with a 32 kbps quality, which plays preety decent....Conversion to 32kbps is with a bit of a trick for enhancing quality, had already discussed out here !

Ya i tried 3gp again and this time they worked. I actually was using imtoo ipod convertor to get movies into my ipod (mp4 format) so i thought may be mp4 will also work on mobile. But i figured out tht mp4 is not supported. Thanks :unsure: . Btw any solution abt these rest of probs ?

"1. Double/triple sms is not supported. (as far i know all nokia model support this but strangely this model doesn't)

"

Arun/Hitman,

1. If u mean sending sms to more than 1 no./group, ofcourse its supported....just write the message, press send, go to options-send to many...and insert all the lists, else try the distribution list

2. It shows at the top man, just press the up key and u will go the last one dude....lolz

3. Change the tone....thats not the prob with my cell...

6235 simply rocks dude

Edited by theking

Hi theking,

By Double/triple sms i meant to say like it allow u to type messages larger than 160 characters and recieve messages larger than 160 chars .

Abt message count i meant to say goto : Menu -> Messages -> Text message. In tht screen u will see create message, inbox , outbox etc. What i meant to say was tht it don;t show how many message r there in the inbox. The inbox text show like this Inbox (-) . Any idea how can (-) show the total number of messages.

Finally I tried changing the ringtones to other and have set Incoming call alert as ringing from tone setting . But still i keep getting the ring in ascending volume. Anyone too have this same prob ?

I too agree 6235 rocks ;)

Edited by hitman