Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Arun

All about Nokia 6235

xshay421, handset prices do keep changing, according to their popularity and demand. Handsets like 6225 & 6130, had starting prices in the range of Rs. 8k to 10k when they were launched. They are now in the range of 6k to 8k, and all this happened in a couple of months.

LG 6000, has more or less stood by that price tag since the beginning, coz of its demand and popularity. It kind of remained an exclusive product.

I believe in any case, if u want to upgrade from 6130, which is quite a good phone, u must wait, atleast for a month!

heyy...could ne one please write a review or somthing for the phone?

sure some people have already started using it?

is there any similar gsm variant int he same model???so that mayb i could use the gsm review to get an idea abt the fone the usage the keypad etc....

plzz help

Hi,

Wonder why no one has posted a review on this. Bought mine yesterday. Here's my take on the Nokia 6235:

>> A little background

Waited a long time for Reliance to launch a decent colour phone. Was surviving on the LG 2130. Nokia 6585 was ok but had a battery life issue & the 6255 turned out to be a bit bulky & not so beautiful looking. When I got to know that 6235 has been launched, didnt take much time to decide.

>> The buy

As usual WW (Mumbai) people didnt have a clue, might come soon sir was the answer. Headed to a Nokia priority dealer, he was offering it for 8700 including Taxes. Heard price & bought immediately.

>> The phone

In one word: Excellent.

If you are interested all features and all are explained here officially and correctly:

Nokia: http://nokia-asia.com/nokia/0,,66687,00.html

Reliance: http://www.relianceinfo.com/Infocomm/Rim/h..._nokia6235.html

* Looks & Feel: Among the best in Reliance stable

* Colour: Grey & Black (as in illustrations at above links)

* Battery: Has a BL-6C. Which is good. Have been able to talk comfortably for a 2-3 hours.

* Reliance Compatibility: Everything seems to work - Rworld, MMS (sending pics to email was a breeze). Is also Rconnect compatible.

* Navigation: Has a "5-way joystick". Very neat. Good reliable Nokia interface.

* Multimedia: Has a radio, voice recorder, Decent Camera (640x480 res), Can take tiny video clips. Comes with decent graphics & polyphonic tones.

* Screen: Nice 65k colours

* Memory: Comes with some 14 mb onboard memory. Sounds a little less. But considering its meant for midi/mp3 ringtones, tiny graphics & MMS, its should just about do. If you intend to take video clips then you'll have a space crunch.

* Extras: 4 games (Snowboard 3d, Nature Park, Pinball, Bounce), 2 Applications (World Clock, Converter). I'm sure many java apps can be downloaded into it. Usual Nokia Alarm, Calc, Calendar etc.

* Good Overall Phone Quality (Similar to GSM Nokia 6230 in many ways)

* Language: Hindi & English

* Comes with the superb Nokia headset

* Voice Quality: Phone - Very Good, Headset - Excellent, Loudspeaker - Good.

* Time to full Charge: approx 100mins

Cons:

* No bluetooth

* Memory not expandable

* Slightly slow loading time for java apps

Hope this helps.

(if you need to know any specifics, let me know)

P.S. Can some one tell me if I could get R-Connect via InfraRed?

hey buddy that was a good review indeed :clap::clap:

Have a few questions in mind,would be glad if you could answer them point by point:

1)How bulky is the phone,is it like a sleek n smart high end looking nokia phone?

2)what colour did u go in for,do u think the black would be too easy to egt scratched?

3)what is the length of sms 140 characters or more?

4)can we send mms to another gsm phone n recv mms frm gsm phones?

5)ru able to send n receieve mms from mail n able to send mms to mail?

6)hows the camera as compared to the 6600, how many mega pixels?

7)can we match the phone to nokia 6600,at least?

8)are all r world applictaions working?

9)all-in al is it a better phone than lg rd 6130?

10)how fats is the phone,does it ever hang or show signs of being unstable?

11)lastly...does it look like a sexy looking stylish phone or another of the relaince lower range silly old phones?

12)if someone is ready to take my lg rd 6130 for rs.6000(1 month old), you think its worth putting in another 2700 and getting my hand on the new hotte phone?

13)IMPORTANT-hows the sound..like whn u play fm on speaker etc.,coz nokia has a bad reputation of havina bad kind of sound.

Would thorougly appreciate it ,if you could give me a poin to point answer,so that i can get one from delhi as my city still dosent have it in stock.

thnxxx a ton......

other tooo can rite a review........will only help :D

ciaoooo..thnx for the :help::help:

-akshay B)

Thanks for the smart review r2d2 ! Yes, you can use R-Connect through Infared as mentioned in the Product Information document (see first post)

Akshay, answer to #4 will be NO. Reliance handsets do not support that.

#7 - Nah, I don't think so, the memory makes all the difference !

#8 - See the available R-World applications in the product information document

#9 - It should be !

Hope this helps.

(if you need to know any specifics, let me know)

P.S. Can some one tell me if I could get R-Connect via InfraRed?

44777[/snapback]

Just want to know if we can set GIF wallpapers, and does it animate on display??

Edited by Chirag

heyy R2D2 ...plz answer some questions that i had asked in the post before this one......would appreciate it...thnx

others please do write about any experiences you have with nokia 6235 and the best price for it.

Really wondering if the sound is a true "stereo" sound or just one of those nokia bookishly good fones.....R2D2 how is the sound of fm when the speaker is switched on??as good as the headset sound or poorer?how long can the mp3 ringtone be?????can it be used like an mp3 player???? :clap::clap:

1)How bulky is the phone,is it like a sleek n smart high end looking nokia phone?

>>> Phone is pretty sleek & smart. Size will compare very closely to Nokia 6610/6585/6230/6225. Weighs slightly more than 6610. Build quality also feels good.

2)what colour did u go in for,do u think the black would be too easy to egt scratched?

>>> There was only one colour I say: "Black & Grey" exactly as in the pics at the official site

3)what is the length of sms 140 characters or more?

>>> SMS shows 160 Chars. MMS 1000 Chars

4)can we send mms to another gsm phone n recv mms frm gsm phones?

5)ru able to send n receieve mms from mail n able to send mms to mail?

>>> Rel MMS goes only to RIM or eMail.

>>> Earlier we could receive replies to emails. Apparently now we can't. (Any views on this one? Anyone knows how to enable?)

>>> There's a MMS FAQ on the Reliance site (can get to it from Google)

6)hows the camera as compared to the 6600, how many mega pixels?

>>> Camera is decent. Dont know about 6600 cam. Definitely better than 6610i Camera. Probably comparable to 6230. Pics look ok on screen, and ok ok on email too. Clicks at 640x480.

7)can we match the phone to nokia 6600,at least?

>>> Doesnt have all the features of 6600. Quality-wise, Yes.

8)are all r world applictaions working?

>>> So far everything seem to work. Havent tried video streaming. But Reliance site says that streaming does work.

9)all-in al is it a better phone than lg rd 6130?

>>> My view: MUCH better. (Both Looks & Features)

10)how fats is the phone,does it ever hang or show signs of being unstable?

>>> Menu, msgs etc. speed is very good. (Much better than 6610/6585) Java apps take a little time.

>>> Hanging: Well there was this once that the phone went blank when I was doing something. Had to restart it. Could be just a one off thing. Dont know.

11)lastly...does it look like a sexy looking stylish phone or another of the relaince lower range silly old phones?

>>> Quite Sexy & Business like. A fresh change from "relaince lower range silly old phones" ;-)

12)if someone is ready to take my lg rd 6130 for rs.6000(1 month old), you think its worth putting in another 2700 and getting my hand on the new hotte phone?

>>> Yup. (But will you get 6k for LG6130?)

>>> Some one posted earlier that its going for some 8.3k in Delhi...

13)IMPORTANT-hows the sound..like whn u play fm on speaker etc.,coz nokia has a bad reputation of havina bad kind of sound.

>>> Speaker Sound is decent. Can have a conversation comfortably. Wouldnt say that it's bad. Nothing exceptional either.

>>> As I mentioned Headphone sound is excellent, and phone sound is good too.

--- Other questions

>>> MP3 player: Yes will play Mp3, but only some 14Mb memory :clap: So no point. Dont know about MP3 ringtone length.

>>> MP3 Stereo: Dont know. No MP3s on my phone.

>>> FM quality on Speaker: Ok (Good enough for such a tiny speaker. Better many other nokia phones). Cant be as great as Headphones! (Headphones play FM Stereo, Speaker obviously Mono).

>>> GIF wallpaper: Yes if you put an animation as wallpaper, background animates (at least untill the screensaver/clock comes up)

Any more info required?

Cheers.

P.S. Guys, from where do I get a USB InfraRed port for a laptop in Mumbai (the one without a cable)? (Any place close to SantaCruz/Bandra?)

IRDA dongle, U'll get it in lamington road.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

dude sexyyy post man....got all my answers.....thnxxxxxx.

Please answer a few more..... :):):)

Now just wondering if i should go in for it or jus be happy with my lg 6130....the thing is that im getting 6000 for my lg rd 6130,so will just have to shell out anoth 2100, as im getting the nokia 6235 for a total of rs 8100.

just 3 things that i am bothered about....1)how easy n user friednly is the 5 way navigation key?

2)how is the colour..y ru saying its black n grey i only see it as a boring grey on the officila website....

3)wilthe streaming like ndtv news etc work en btr than what it does on my lg 6130(where it looks like its a series of stills that are playing)

Please let me knw....and do adviseeee mee.....im kina confused

r2d2 also can i have ur number...il calll u..u can send it to me as a message.... B)

Xshay streaming videos means videos which run live on ur handsets, and yes in 6255 quality is too good i can say. only 3 seconds lag as compare to live TV news channel aajtak.

Is R Surf working on this phone or not?

heyy r2d2..man temee....about my last 3 questions....

not much hype about the nokia 6235??howcome???

seems like an underpowerd fone....

jus really confused wthr to go for it or to be happy with ym lg 6130....the only incentive being that im getin rs 6000 for my lg 6130 n will add 2000 n get the nokia 6235..suggest guyss plzzzz......

Evilshantanu is right. Matches very closely to the GSM Nokia 6020. Few differences though (in looks & features).

NO R-Surf in R-World... Should be same as 6255... Anyone got it working on 6255?

Xshay421 answer to your questions:

1)how easy n user friednly is the 5 way navigation key?

>>> Quite user friendly Find it easy to navigate.

2)how is the colour..y ru saying its black n grey i only see it as a boring grey on the officila website....

>>> Yaar, this is exactly how it looks http://nokia-asia.com/nokia/0,,66687,00.html

3)wilthe streaming like ndtv news etc work en btr than what it does on my lg 6130(where it looks like its a series of stills that are playing)

>>> Dont know. Should work ok... Havent tried either on 6235 or LG6130

Edited by r2d2

actually this is the exact replica of NOKIA 6020 in GSM

44950[/snapback]

No Sir nk6235 has more features & rather different features than nk6020 .

More important nowadays "hot" features like

1. Mp3 & AAc support

2. Additional QCELP ringing tones with 24 chord support

3. Very funny More battery backup cdma fone compared to gsm

4. Fm radio

NO COMPARISON

actually this is the exact replica of NOKIA 6020 in GSM

44950[/snapback]

No Sir nk6235 has more features & rather different features than nk6020 .

More important nowadays "hot" features like

1. Mp3 & AAc support

2. Additional QCELP ringing tones with 24 chord support

3. Very funny More battery backup cdma fone compared to gsm

4. Fm radio

NO COMPARISON

44977[/snapback]

Actually CDMA fone generally gives more battery backup than any GSM fone this is technologically proven fact...atleast we were told this during our CDMA trainings at DAKC ...for more information on this u can search google

I wanted toi ask r2d2 is the resolution like NOKIA 6020 coz I used that fone for about 2 months ...yes 6235 is a little different than 6020 coz it supports mp3 ringtones as well

<_<<_<<_<:confuse::angry:

guyss i went n saw n fiddled with the new nokia 6235......... :grin:

the first impression was pretty mixed,looks are nothing extra special,just plain looks on the smarter side,just one colour is available sliver n grey back.

now whats important......

1)the 5 way scroll joystick is fairly uncomfortable,even to the users who are used to using a joystick,its kind of hard n not too user friendly,have to work hard at it.

2)the screen is not that impressive....its small and the colours also on the duller side considering its 65000 colours,could have been a bit brighter like my lg phone.

3)the keypad is a concern,not very easy to access n small-ish keys

4)the camera is like any vga camera,nothign special...sound again aint nehtn new same nokia sound.

5)could not check the rworld as the fone was not an activated one.

6)i am gettiing it for rs 8200,but dont quite feel its value for money.

7)think they are only trying to seel it coz of the nokia tag.its a mid range fone...which could disappoint a lota ppl...i dont think i liked it too much...

8)the video recorder n stuff is good stuff...but dont see many other reasons of getin it...

:quest::quest::quest::quest::quest::quest::quest::quest:

all in all im ina big fix now,as i really duno what to do now coz i am getting this fone by giving away my lg 6130+paying rs 2200.

reallyy wana know from you guysss if its a good deal to part with my lg 6130(whihc i feel is a cool phone,minus the looks maybe)+rs 2200 and gte hold of the new nokia 6235???????

:quest::quest::quest::quest::quest:

Please help.......im alos starting a voteign poll so plzzz do vite betwenn lg 6130+2000 for nokia 6235???

so write about the same also...need to buy it by tomorrow if at alll....

R2D2-----SINCE U HAVE BOUGHT IT////please help.....also iv heard new lg fones are coming in toooo......

Cost of Nokia 6235 in Delhi Rs. 8050. Available on demand.

Actually CDMA fone generally gives more battery backup than any GSM fone this is technologically proven fact...atleast we were told this during our CDMA trainings at DAKC

45041[/snapback]

But our observation till now Atleast with reliance fons Cdma handset Talk & standby batery backup is Approximately 30% of d gsm handsets. :clap:

Dear Amit

That is just because till now reliance has been using LG and Samsung fones in bulk which do not have a gud battery life. and technically also these fones are pretty crude as compared to the nokia and kyocera ones

Dear Amit

That is just because till now reliance has been using LG and Samsung fones in bulk which do not have a gud battery life. and technically also these fones are pretty crude as compared to the nokia and kyocera ones

45076[/snapback]

But my dear can u actualy compare batery backup of nokia gsm & nokia cdma.Gsm has approximately double talktime in same type of network conditions :lol:

>>>Battery life: For Nokia GSM vs Nokia CDMA - prime example is 6585 & 6610 - CDMA version has absolutely horrendous battery life. But for 6385 - battery life is good (at least much much better than 6585). Havent compared it with 6020....

Also, I dont think you should believe everything Reliance guys tell you in a training session!

>>> Xshay421: You do seem quite happy with the LG6130. Maybe you could wait for the 6265... but you would have to shell out a lot for that...

It has a lot of things better than the LG6130, the camera quality, navigation, looks, neat interface, headset voice quality...

I am happy with the 6235 because I wasnt looking for a top of the line phone. Its decent looking, not too "bright & flashy" phone with good battery & good features. 6235 is definitely not meant to be top of the line! Which top of the line phone comes for 8k?? Even 6255 is much more expensive. All in all I would say its the best sub 9-10k phone reliance has. Also it's among the best looking reliance phones.

About the 6385 joystick: I think it is very good. Might take a day or two to get used to it, but its neat.

>>> evilshantanu: Dont know about 6020 screen resolution. You could compare both resolutions at the Nokia site maybe...

Today I have bought the NOKIA 6235 and in nearly 12-14 hrs I have tried each feature od this fone be it mp3...or be it transferring data via infrared I must say that this is the best fone in reliance . It does not have bluetooth and large memory space like the NOKIA 6255. But I think that we do not need a bluetooth and memory that big.

its quite handy and the screen resolution is very good better than that of 6130 coz 6130 had 65K STN display while 6235 has a 65k TFT display.

overall rating ....very good not at all a waste of money ....I am very satisfied...thnx r2d2

hi evilshantanu/r2d2,

i tookabout 2 days thninking comparing etc between the new nokia 6235 and the existing lg 6130 which i already have....trust me the joystick of the nokia 6235 is way to hard,have seen n felt the joystick for other nokis gsm variants its much softer there.

the keypad too is pretty hard n uncomforatble kinds,the resolution on paper is more than the lg 6130 but the colours are not as rich as the lg 6130.

the screen is also much smaller than the nice wide n big lg 6130 screen.

r world is such an amaizing thing which is not half as good as the lg rd 6130 r world whcih is also java driven.

the only good part was that it has video recorder,but a video recorder too when replyed gives an average qulaity video.

looks are ok..smart co orporate looks.

another good thing is the fm which works well on the speaker,but thats about it.....trust me lg 6130 for rs 6000 is way better...no need to chnage guys its jus a silly mid range introduction by nokia..

reallyy wana wait for the nokia 6265 which is expected in the last quarter of 2005...and like nokia 6235 (which was launched dead on time) if nokia 6265 is on time it be a real beauty guysss......