Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
saurav123

Reliance+tata = Single Handset?

Now reliance is closing all features like "CALL DIVERT, VOICEMAIL, CONFERENCING, 220/440/770 VOUCHER" So i want to switch tata indicom connection, but plzzzzzzz tell me one thing can i use TATA on my RIM handset by blocking my previous rim no.????? Now i dont want to use Reliance connection.

And also tell me can i use "RELIANCE" and "TATA Indicom" both connection on single handset??? i've LG color 5130 with two NAM settings.

You can purchase TATA Indicm Gem. And if u can arrange R UIM from reliance and TSim from TATA. U can use it with TATA and as well as Reliance without any problem.

Thanks and Take Care!

Hi sourav, interchanging operators on your cdma phone is illegal for reliance ,tata , the world and obiviously in rimweb.

So please REFRAIN from talking and promoting illegal things :blink:

Yes its possible.

For this you will need to buy a handset from Tata and duplicate its values to your NAM2 settings in your existing RIM handset.

However this is "frowned upon" by Vishal here and both Tata & RIM. Though if you've purchased a handset and services from both you can pretty well go tell them to go **** themselves. :blink:

Of course you will still face the problem of making/receiving calls. You CANNOT use both numbers at the same time. You will have to keep switching between them. Whenever you want to make/receive calls. That's not a very smart thing to do.

What you actually need is number poratbility (i.e. using your RIM number on Tata or Airtel or wherever). This will be in India in the next 5-10 years so keep watching this space.

So the ideal solution would be (and this is if you're very keen on changing to Tata), to use both for sometime and gradually phase out your RIM handset.

MNP is something that will take a nice kick at the Operators... at the time of implementation.

for eg. this is what happens when u make a call ....

Scenario 1 : ON-NET Call

Callers handset -> Nearest BaseStation ->MSP -> HRL of MSP (Check to see if the caller has balance, check to see if callee is an active customer / not busy on a call etc..) if validated -> Nearest base station to receiver -> handset.

Scenario 2 : OFF-NET ( Intranetwork calls)

Callers hs -> BaseStation -> MSP ->HRL -> MSP of other operator (each MSP has a list of numbers, and number sequences, which are allotted to each operator... to allow faster connectivity) -> HRL of receiver (or VRL if on roaming) -> MSP -> Basestation ->receiver

Now in countries where the MNP is offered (like UK, where a user can retain his number and shift between Operators / Service Providers... Operators like O2 / 3 / Vodafone / T Mobile and Service Providers like Virgin etc), there is a WEB BASED AUTHENTICATION POINT !!!!

where, every user's Mobile port values, PAC (when a subscriber moves network he is give na Port-in Access Code (authentication code) is issued), this and other info like DNO/DSP/RNO/RSP/OSP are stored.

OSP is Original Service provider, RNO and DNO are Receipient and Donor Network Operators, and the other two are Service providers... this info allows interconnectivity in case of a number change to another network.

Considering the penetration and number base of consumers in India, at the moment, to implement even a partial Inter-connect MNP will be NEXT-TO-IMPOSSIBLE, except that the operators can have INTER-CONNECT agreements, where a call is diverted to the other network, in case of a network change...

If any one is really interested to know how the MNP process works. .. I can describe it better... but later

Cheers

Ashok

My friend using samsung 191 on both RIM and GARUDA, it was done by mistakely by the guy who convert RIm blocked phones in to garuda.

NAM 1 : RIM Settings

NAM 2 : Tata settings ...

I will try that soon ... and let u know if that really works

Cheers

Ashok

Hi guys,

my Gtran is RUIM enabled and I want to know that if I can get a RUIM from TATA can I simply interchange the RUIM and use both TATA and Reliance service as and when needed?

Also can I get only a new RUIM from TATA (as new connection) instead of buying a phone.

arup

yes u can arup, tata and Rim can be interchanged... if u want to get a RUIM for tata (without phone) buzz Munna ...

Cheers

Ashok