Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
jayant

No Username?

well invisible users are never shown in that list so for sure its not an invisible user

The name could be ascii 255 which is like a space and does not really show any name

Cheers

Ashok

Ashok i didnt got what u meant? I mean Vishal's name too has a space but i can always see him in thelist whenever he is online.... so i dont think the space inthe name has nething to do with it

buddy try to make ur name as "Alt+255" register with such a name.

it is not space since space is 32 / 20

cheers

Ashok

I guess that could be a Search bot which couldn't be identified by IPB. Search bots are granted member privillages in the forum.

Yeah i tried searching at invisionize and thats what i came to know from there. It must be some unrecognised search bot :clap:

Edited by jayant

Never found such a thing in IE ever! I think Firefox honemoon is over guys!

Nope firefox or IE has nothing to do with that... IPB is what caused this

Never found such a thing in IE ever! I think Firefox honemoon is over guys!

45473[/snapback]

huh ? IE ? Firefox ? war of the browsers?

what happened about that ? well the problem here is that an user either registered with an ascii name alt+255 or that it is a searchbot unrecognized... and nothing else

Cheers

Ashok

Hey guys check it out,.. :unsure:

in coming days i think there would be relianceinfo.com.. :clap::)

who knows may already be there. :clap:

post-1624-1136807929_thumb.jpg

Those are search bots of Google and Yahoo, recognized by Invision Power Board. They have been crawling the forums frequently for a long time and it was there in the Online users list earlier too, though it was viewable only for Moderators/Administrators. I've made them to appear in the Users Online list for everyone (members & guests) from yesterday, and thats why you see them now. I've also added aliases for many other popular search bots yesterday, so hope to see some more search bots like MSN.com shown in the list soon. Yeah, Google and Yahoo does love to hang out in the forum quite a lot these days !

lol ... lotsa intrest by the bots too ... :'( I guess we can allow them to join the club. :blush:

Hmm...I was just about to make a separate thread for asking this, but i found this thread which answers my doubt. I was going to ask why we had so many Google.coms and Yahoo.coms in the Members Online list on the homepage. Now i understand. But even if it is the bots, why do we have so many of them? Or, how can we have so many of them by the same name??? Out of the total 'members online' being displayed, more than half of them are comprised of these Bots. Can anyone answer this?

Edited by Rohit Rocker

Sure, I can answer that ! IPB recognises these bots by the visiting IP's hostname. Google/Yahoo bots have many of them crawling the web and RIMweb. The who's online list in the home page shows using a different method than the one in the forum main page. The forum's online list doesn't show repeat names, but the home page one shows it. I hope to get this fixed once Indra gets settled in UK this week.