Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
skbpillai

Hack your Nokia 6225

Hi All!

I am a new user to this site. I found the info quite interesting. But I opened this thread to exclusively focus on the following areas, as far as 6225 is concerned:

1) The phone is empty... what are the possible ways to enhance it?

2) What are the H/W we need to have for this?

3) Is there any website that offers Ringtone / Games download for this phone? (I tried to download from a renowned site, but the compatiblity for this phone is not there!)

4) Is DKU-5 the designated data driver for this phone? How can we use R-Connect? (IR?)

5) Is there any hopes of Reliance introducing R-World in this phone, in near future?

There are several questions in my mind about this phone... I am sure that there will be other new-users with similar set of questions...

I request the experienced users in this forum to help us guys out! I will be grateful for your valuable inputs. Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Siva.

PS: You can get in touch with me at: skbpillai@gmail.com

use dku-5 cable ! its avaliable in the market for 100 - 150 RS - with the driver installation cd

then use emule or any other p2p to download games _ applcations or ringtones for it

as easy as that ;)

*u just have to have the usb port on ur computer to support this

i have got a dvd full of appz + games + ringtnes for mobile if u would have lived in mumbai i would have given u that, but for now u just have to download them ur self

Edited by abhay

Hi Abhay!

Thanks a ton for the help! Seriously, I have not yet tried the DKU 5 idea you have suggested. I will try it out this weekend and post the feedback to all of us.

Meanwhile, can you suggest us some sites for downloading games... in other words the source of your collection!

BTW, r u using 6225? I have a feeling that my IR port does not work. Have you tried to communicate using this port before?

Most important... about the CD full of applications... I am really interested to know what is there in it! Let me first get the DKU5 Connector this weekend and come back.

But tell me one thing: When I was downloading driver for R-Connect, I saw some other connector - CA - 42. Which one should I buy so that I can use it for R-Connect as well as uploading of rtones / games / apps etc. Please take some time for my sake and advise, please.

So Long! Adios Amigo!

Thanks again!

Regards,

Siva

Edited by skbpillai

Hi Abhay!

But tell me one thing: When I was downloading driver for R-Connect, I saw some other connector - CA - 42.  Which one should I buy so that I can use it for R-Connect as well as uploading of rtones / games / apps etc.  Please take some time for my sake and advise, please.

So Long!  Adios Amigo!

Thanks again!

Regards,

Siva

46666[/snapback]

I have bought the CA42 on Nokia service centre guys advice, and am able to use the phone as a modem, but cannot connect to the PC Suite at all. Please be careful while installing PC Suite and the cable drivers.

Also, other cables might be cheap, but may cause problems with your phone. Do some research on fake DKU5 cables and the probelms they may cause to your phone before risking.

1) dint had a chance to use rconnect on 6225

2) yes IR dosent work for me also

3) hey either u can be true or false ! both is not possible ! same way either u have have cheap DKU5's which generally dont have any problems or take a og from reliance cc which is a lil expensive

for my use which was limited to 2 -3 times i choose for a cheap one :P

I purchased a DKU 5 Serial Cable for N6225. Tried following the steps religiously twice!

1. Install the drivers

2. Install PC Suite

3. Connect Phone to PC via Cable.

Phone isn't getting detected!! :confuse: Infrared also doesn't work while trying to connect another Phone.

Any help?

I purchased a DKU 5 Serial Cable for N6225. Tried following the steps religiously twice!

1. Install the drivers

2. Install PC Suite

3. Connect Phone to PC via Cable.

Phone isn't getting detected!! :( Infrared also doesn't work while trying to connect another Phone.

Any help?

Chirag, use the link below to d/l the drivers. This one definately works ... I have been using for more than a year now .... Lemme know if you have any problems.

Infrared has to work with PC suite without any drivers ... if doesn't work it shd be a hardware problem(your PC or Mobile)

http://rapidshare.de/files/18966590/TUSB34...dapter.zip.html

TUSB3410_Serial_Adapter.zip

Thnx! are these drivers for USB cable or serial cable? I have a direct Serial cable.

Thnx! are these drivers for USB cable or serial cable? I have a direct Serial cable.

this is for USB to Serial .... give a try and see if it works ....

Hi,

I have a Nokia 6225 and it is serving well for the past 2 years.The main problem with the handset is that I cannot transfer pictures either by my CA 42 Cable (I bought it via ebay) or via the Infrared Port.I am planning to buy another Nokia CDMA set,but I am unable to do so coz It has lovely memorable photos.I would be grateful to you If you kindly help to give me suggestion in this matter.I have the softwares and RCONNECT can be used via Infrared and via the Cable but transfer of pics can never be done via Nokia 6225 to PC either by PC Suite or by any other software.Please help.

Regards,

Prarthita