Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Greens

Surging Network Problems

Source Link

Terming the telecom network of Reliance Infocomm as one of the “most impressive” in the world, the French telecom major Alcatel is trying to strike a network management outsourcing deal with it and is also exploring the possibility of manufacturing CDMA equipment in a big way. “What you can do in Europe in 10 years, Reliance has done in just two years. The network built by Reliance is most impressive,” Etienne Fouques, executive vice-president and member of Alcatel’s executive committee said.

Hello Friends,

I am one of the few HAPPY RIM Users on this Forum. I use Reliance IndiaPhone FWPs.

It used to happen sometime ago that when I dialed it used to connect at once and within few seconds. This was regardless of the number and outside Reliance etc.

Now it has become WORSE.. For 100% of the numbers I have to Dial atleast THREE times and sometimes even four times.

I see huge problem and land up fighting with the customers on my PCO about billing calls which lead to dead air and stuff.

IS RELIANCE NETWORK GOING TO IMPROVE ON CONGESTION ?

Are they upgrading.. is there some failures or equipment faults which might improve this later ?

I took an output from my PCO billing machine and it shows....In last few days

1300 people came to call

500 got thru..

100 got RINGING and kept..

50 Invalid Numbers.

600 Got User or Network Busy.

DONT YOU GUYS FELL THIS PROBLEM ???????????

well i never got network congestion in my mobile in chennai.users are less in chennai.hehe

On 15th of July, all Samsung handset phone users of RIM in Delhi were messed up as their sets quit working from 7pm to midnight. LG users were not having any problem at all. Customer care ppl confirmed there was a network failure in Delhi, but did not reveal why only Samsung users were affected, weireddddd :wacko:

hi,

I have very bad indoor network (0-1 bar) and average outdoor network ( 4-5 bar) at my place ... i have been complaining to reliance since july 2004 for network problems and each time i get reply that they will add "repeater" within 1 month ... but even after 9 months their 1 month due repeater has not arrived. <_<

Since last month i am facing call dropping problem. i complaind to CC and Chairman office. but getting same reply ... CC is not even recording my complaints ( which will be 7 th now) saying they have already have some closed file for same.

Can i complain to consumer court or TRAI/TDSAT regarding same ??? i have kept all my mail communication with chairman office :help:

- nil

PS : I cant change service provider for next 12 months as i am in DAPO :P

hi,

I think the only way out for you is that get your postpaid dapo converted to prepaid and switch service provider. Cauz Reliance is very poor when it comes to solving customer grieviences.

Or you could transfer ownership by posting it in the /buy/sell thread and I am sure you would get offers. This would help you switch providers.

Hello all,

Since two days I am not getting any network @ my home. I earlier thought that this problem could be due to network problems of Samsung N191 so I brought my freinds lg handset and found out that he is also not getting any network.

Is this problem generally due to rains? Since my GSM networks signal strength is full?

Are others also facing the same problem? Or is it only me?

---------

Sameer

<TOPIC MOVED!>

Edited by Vishal Gupta

Where are you located?

34750[/snapback]

Dombivili. Thane district.

To be honest I have never seen any CDMA phone having less than 3 bars in signal strength.

Y I am worried about this because I use RIM for internet access only @ home so if there is no signal or less signal I am stuck

-------

Sameer

Perhaps you could move? ;):grin::grin:

But seriously I think the Thane area is well covered. Perhaps there is some shielding/interference around your house. Can you try the strength on the terrace etc. Also write to CC and let them know!

Perhaps you could move?  ;)   :grin:   :grin:

Not now may be in next few months

But seriously I think the Thane area is well covered. Perhaps there is some shielding/interference around your house. Can you try the strength on the terrace etc. Also write to CC and let them know!

I know but like I said it been since 2 day before that it was ok. Tried calling CC but like most of people experince it's was no help.

----------

Sameer

Hello Everybody,

I finally give up. My experince with reliance on remained for 20 mins. After waiting for 3 days with no network I finally give up. I guess reliance is not for me :'(

---------

Hello Everybody,

I finally give up. My experince with reliance on remained for 20 mins. After waiting for 3 days with no network I finally give up. I guess reliance is not for me  :'(

---------

34821[/snapback]

I don't think you should give up. Don't think that Reliance is not for you. Every cellular operator has advantages/disadvantages. Although I am just one week old RIM subscriber but so far my experience with it is amazing after using Airtel,Hutch,MTNL. (Touch Wood) :'(

Try to find out the problem and the solution instead of giving up. Think Positive.

Best of luck.

Try to find out the problem and the solution instead of giving up. Think Positive.

Best of luck.

I am not the kind of guy who gives up things easily but here I do not have a choice.

I am pretty happy with GSM whem it comes to voice service but I needed something that will provide with good data service. For data service you do not have a choice other than CDMA, also in which only reliance gives you data access in mobile (Tata is still in beat testting plus it is 2 costly)

In my home where I get 5 bars in GSM reliance fails very badly, can't even check the balance so forget getting 144 Kbps inet access.

If and only RIL could have done anything

-------

Sameer

hi,

Recently I purchased Reliance FWT (iphone) pre-paid connection in pune. But there is range problem at our house. We need to go outside of our house to talk. After my complaint, reliance technical people came and suggested us to replace this phone with LS LSP 340 phone and install buster, this will solve the problem. But when I went to do so in reliance web world, they refused saying that this option is not available for prepaid customers and they can't do any thing.

Please help me, what to do now, as this phone is of no use to me.

Amit

:help::help:

Hi,

You may contact to Mr. Chairman through website www.relianceinfo.com, and click on contact us. Describe your whole problem there and u may get some calls or response within 24 to 48 hrs.

Share ur experience with us.

Thanks and Take Care!

ya it is always better to use 340 or 350R as FWP , as inside signal prblem will be there if possible tell reliance to install patch pannel which is external antena

Besides, all the new plans/schemes are merely "reactive"...

Also, network was one of the remaining good things about RIM ...its going bad in my area lately - frequent to very frequent total network outages!

Edited by raccoon

Also, network was one of the remaining good things about RIM ...its going bad in my area lately - frequent to very frequent total network outages!

46292[/snapback]

True...Half of Jaipur is facing network problem. The southern part of Jaipur (vaishali nagar, khatipura, jhotwara, ajmer road etc.) is having the worst ever network by any operator lately. I can hardly complete a call without disturbance/call loss/no voice and what not, no matter where you are, even on the roof or open space. Things have been so bad for the last 5-6 months only. When contacted the RIM CC, they say that they are putting up more BTS in the area (They are doing the same for the last six months but not yet done; though typically RIM BTS setup in an area does not take more than 15 days)

I also facing problem in network outside area of Agra. (i.e. Khandauli), where Tata and other mobile network working so great.

We are facing these problem in city, where we know how we can complain, but think what will happen in small town.

Thanks and Take Care!

Edited by Rajanpert

46292[/snapback]

True...Half of Jaipur is facing network problem. The southern part of Jaipur (vaishali nagar, khatipura, jhotwara, ajmer road etc.) is having the worst ever network by any operator lately. I can hardly complete a call without disturbance/call loss/no voice and what not, no matter where you are, even on the roof or open space. Things have been so bad for the last 5-6 months only. When contacted the RIM CC, they say that they are putting up more BTS in the area (They are doing the same for the last six months but not yet done; though typically RIM BTS setup in an area does not take more than 15 days)

46307[/snapback]

I suspect CC staff are just trained to say these things new BTSes are being set up, like recording machines. Because after complaing to them couple of times, it didn't help. I then wrote to the chairman's office and that helped for sometime, and they even sent 2 technicians to my residence! Thats good ...but then the problem shouldnt have been there in the 1st place ...and coming to my place won't really help - dammit I dont have a RIM BTS at my residence!!! In fact have never had a network problem till recently...

And btw, nobody except CC seemed to know about the supposed new BTSes!!

I guess another of li'l Ambani's Diwali gifts for us - behold the network problems!

Edited by raccoon

Its been 2 days and i have been observing, that network is not really working in my favour as well. I travel alot thru the day, and i would generally end up using my phone for calling specifically while travelling. Earlier calls wouldn't drop so frantically which travelling thru different areas. But now they do so very often.

I was made to know that CDMA is unlike GSM where calls cannot be carried onto another BTS while travelling. So it shud, theoritically drop. But it wasn't all these last 2 yrs. Now they do!

I also face this problem in my area, i complain to *333 and they give me a complain number and next day i receive a call from Reliance, they listen my problem and provide solution. I.e. my problem get solved, but only for 2 days. Today, i am also facing same problem. I think i have to write to chairman, because before 6 months, i faced same problem which solved after compalin to chairman.

Thanks and Take Care!