Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RajanPERT

Who Send This Pm

Hi,

Today i got a PM. But it did not contain any info about the member name and other details also. What means of this. Please provide some help. I think it is some type of spamming. I am attaching the screenshot of this PM. Please provide help!

Thanks and Take Care!

Edit: Problem solved!!!!!

Edited by RajanPERT

I too received a similar pm on my birthdate. I think it is a automatically generated pm.

@StaticElectricity : (Others might not really understand this post... coz it was a personal conversation) Isn't this the same un-named member (yeah static, the same guy who was printing something...).... or apna member 0 ? Just check ....

Everyone

or is it an automated Birthday messenger? Some feature of IBP ? or some Mod / admin playing the prankster ?

Cheers

Ashok

Hi,

Today i got a PM. But it did not contain any info about the member name and other details also. What means of this. Please provide some help. I think it is some type of spamming. I am attaching the screenshot of this PM. Please provide help!

Thanks and Take Care!

PS: Screenshot

46936[/snapback]

LOL LOL ROTFL :rolleyes::(

well, its a birthday wish..

the forum's wishing you HAPPY birthday.

its NOT spam.

lol

LOL Hit me !

Well, after someone's suggestion, I did try out a mod for IPB which sends a PM for those celebrating their birthday automatically. Since I couldn't test it much, I left it like that. Didn't know it was working in the background ! I'll try and see if I can put some name in the sender field :grin:

Thanks to RIMWEB for Birthday Wish.

Thanks to Admin and mods for this Great Mistake. :wub:It was a great idea which was think by u but not implemented accurately. I feel sorry for this. OK next time, please make it more informative.

I have one suggestion. Please make a title RIMWEB Wishes U Happy Birthday and in the last, please add regrads from admin or mods, whatever u want. It will useful until u find a way to add member name in this post.

AT Last!!!! GREAT Work :grin::clap::(

I have to start this topic Because old topic is closed by respected mods. Today i read all PM. and got another one of Birthday Wishes. This time is send by someone named JUNED :lol:;) . No join date and other info available of him. Are this also send by RIMWEB. :D

Check this out and provide ur comments.

Image: post-6282-1132774078_thumb.jpg

Thanks and Take Care!

Edited by RajanPERT

< Topic opened & Merged >

@RajanPERT

Do u think that forum will send u PM asking whether to buy the handset or not? :D

Don't know the exact reason but may be some BUG, so a guest sent u this PM???

Hi Vishal gupta!

Thanks for ur info. I know this is not done by RIMWEB, But it is a great bug!!! NOT Like previously!!!

Thanks and Take Care!

PS: Hi SE where r u. R u created this also!

Rajan, thank you for reporting it, you must have received my message by now.

@Arun!

Thanks for reply! I don't see any unsual thing in this post, only the info option (Underline by me) and other details related to MEMBER is not present. I also replied this post but did not found any response and the Post is sent without any problem. I resending image in previous post. Check that.

Thanks and Take Care!

Is it that the member no more exists, ie. has been removed/deleted or did not validate himself.

I have been finding the same issue when i send PM to new members, after weeks, if i see that PM in the Sent Folder, i find that the member's name isn't there! freaky, but true!

most probably the SQL database that IPB uses was restructured and so IPB cannot find the reference... thats all that strikes me.

Is it that the member no more exists, ie. has been removed/deleted or did not validate himself.

I have been finding the same issue when i send PM to new members, after weeks, if i see that PM in the Sent Folder, i find that the member's name isn't there! freaky, but true!

47962[/snapback]

Well it can happen if the one who sent that message is no longer a member at Rimweb.

Has ne account been deleted? i dont think the ne forums delete users they just BAN the user(usually). So that should not be case here.

Am not sure about the members who havent validated. but as far as i remember the non validated mebers can send PM's(i remember recieving one) but then u can not reply to them because they are not authorised u recieve PM's(faced this one) But i think the member name will still be shown in the PM if the member belongs to the validating grp.

Well u cant do nething about that rajan...admins n mods can and am sure they are already trying to find out who did it..... the best thing u can do is.... forget it n keep posting.. bcz u did the best part...i mean u let everyone knwo about that PM..... and leave the rest on monds n admins.....i dont think u will ever know who sent that... but u posting it here will(i guess so) help all al the others n they wont get that kinda PM's

OK, I'll this clear out this mystery 'PM' !

The 'member' who sent the PM to Rajan was a 'validating member' at the time he sent it. Yes, 'validating members' can send PMs, maybe we have to block this in future. We do flush out 'validating members' who haven't valiated their accounts for a long time. And by the time Rajan had checked his PM, the 'validating member' was already removed from the database. And thats why the PM appeared to have come from.... 'nobody' !