Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
amc

Postpaid / Prepaid / RIP / Which handset?

Yes 191 was a really good phone for using r connec.

good speeds though i had driver problems for sometime.

I have a Rconnect kit( cable and CD) for samsung 191 ( reliance provided) anyone interested in buying?

Yes 191 was a really good phone for using r connec.

good speeds though i had driver problems for sometime.

I have a Rconnect kit( cable and CD) for samsung 191 ( reliance provided) anyone interested in buying?

24506[/snapback]

what is your price and i want a postpaid connection

I just have the cd and the cable not the handset so there is no question of post or prepaid

and i bought the cable (original) for 1200/ that is the price that they list.

Interested ?

with LG LSP 340E we are using serial cable, will LSI 110 with USB data cable give us better internet speeds. any experiences regarding this from anyone?

Edited by abis221

Hi Friends,

Really nice to see such a lively and active forum of reliance phone users.

I browsed through so many topics and it was really cool, linux articles were really cool.

I am thinking of buying an rd2130 with the platinum plan. My internet usage will be excessive, really collosal.

I currently am using my FWP lsp-340e with a serial cable, i had the 1gb freedom plan and almost used it up in 2 days!..

I plan to buy a dedicated phone that will be used as a modem 24x7, no voice calls will be made. It will be used just for internet and will be on almost all of the time, that is why i m going in for the platinum plan.

Now do you guys have any suggestions for which handset i should go in for and a which data cable, usb or serial? Ports are not an issue for me.

Considering the heavy usage, please give your valuable suggestions.

I am open to buying any Reliance product just it should cater to these requirements of mine.

Thanks in advance! :(

From what is discussed on these forums, any Samsung handset would give you better speed as compared to a LG handset. That was my 2 cents :)

aaw! thanks... you just saved me from buying 2130..

and which ones are your or the forum's favorite in samsung?

28549[/snapback]

N191 is the old warhorse if you can lay hands on it somewhere. Though my favourite is SCH-A563 (which sadly is not available anymore :( )

I have not tested the speeds with SCH-A603 (RCP) but it should also give the same speeds, maybe someone else might enlighten us :)

New handsets of Samsung SCH-N191 are not available anymore, so you will have to get hold of a second hand one. Color handsets are better in speed as per the opinion of many who used both color and b/w handsets. Anyway, LG RD 2030 will be fine enough. I don't recommend you to buy LG RD 2130 at all, if you are going to use it for browsing only.

Thanks Arun and Puneet,

So i must try to get my hands on a n191, damn i used to have it myself (i had got it under the post dated cheque scheme when reliance was just launched) and then returned it and got a fwp lsp 340e.

Arun, even lg rd2030 is not available, they are saying only moonlight sh** is what you can get at the moment. And they also dont have any samsung phones..

I ll try to get my hands on a n191 but i have a few queries again.. if i get a second hand n191

1. Will the reliance guys let me use it, that is what if the n191 is tweaked or something like that or some guy made a big bill and then left it.. and then when i go with that handset i m screwed. Is there any way, or do i have specifically have to find a guy who has a legitimate n191 and has been paying all his bills and is now ready to sell it too?

2. Second, i recall that when i had that n191 that it used to overheat.. will i still have that problem? And if yes how serious will it be when i ll be using it 24x7 for internet?

Thanks a lot for your time guys! its really a cool forum i discovered!! i would have bought the fone today morning, but i did not have a passport size photograph so decided to get it on sunday, and then i find this wonderful forum through which i am getting actual advice and am not banging my head against the fu***** reliance customer care.

PS: Arun, i see that this forum is a trial version of ipb, maybe i could help you with a full nullified version.. do let me know :)

Arun, even lg rd2030 is not available, they are saying only moonlight sh** is what you can get at the moment. And they also dont have any samsung phones..

It will be tough finding a second hand post paid LG RD 2030 since most of the handsets available in the second hand market will be prepaid ones only, you can't convert it into post paid either.

1. Will the reliance guys let me use it, that is what if the n191 is tweaked or something like that or some guy made a big bill and then left it.. and then when i go with that handset i m screwed.  Is there any way, or do i have specifically have to find a guy who has a legitimate n191 and has been paying all his bills and is now ready to sell it too?
Well, you have to make sure that with your seller only, or else you'll be screwed ofcourse ! Yes, it will be difficult to find a trusted person selling a legimate n191 post paid handset.
2. Second, i recall that when i had that n191 that it used to overheat.. will i still have that problem? And if yes how serious will it be when i ll be using it 24x7 for internet?

Overheating is common with all Reliance CDMA handsets, so it doesn't matter much. Make sure it has the latest software version too...

BTW, in your nearest WebWorld, is LG RD 2130 is the only available entry level handset for post paid connection ?

PS: Arun, i see that this forum is a trial version of ipb, maybe i could help you with a full nullified version.. do let me know :)

28560[/snapback]

No thanks, I do have a full nullified version of IPB 2.0.3 with 125 hacks/mods preinstalled lying around, but I don't want to install it as I may end up in trouble with Invision :(

Hopefully I'll be able to buy a license soon for IPB with the money I get from the banners ads on the top and bottom ;)

How abt a Samsung SLIM? Its avl mostly everywhere! Is it R-Connect Enabled?

I think slim is not r connect compatible. Pl. all members do not go for LG 2030 / 2130 / 2230 if at all you are going to use it for R connect, Its pain. If you get old 191 / Nokia 2280 they are the best. Second best is Gtran then LG 7230, Nokia 6225

For nokias be aware that cable / driver could be problem. It is good only if you get appropriate cable. Not all cable works. Only problem with nokia is it takes about 1-2 minutes to disconnect.

In LG 2030 / 2230 connection has many errors and slugish speed.

LG 7230 has USB driver problem so depends upon computer config either PC sync or R connect will work.

G tran is good but problem is charging while using R connect. It has no provision for charging while connected to data cable.

thanks a million!

this has really been helpful but now i just dont know what to go in for, i guess it is true that i will not find a legitimate post paid n191 and going in for a phone that cannot be charged while being RConnected is also of no use to me...

back to square 1

but you did help me save time and money :)

thanks a lot

7230 original cable has charging port, you have to use your charger plugd to that port.

hi bhavesh....think i can help u a little bit as well. i've had samsung n191 for 2 years and trust me its a gre8 phone for surfing, but its true that you would not get it in the market.

But nothing to be sad about, b'coz i've a reliance FWP connection and the handset is LG LSI 110, and trust me its in no way lesser than samsung n191. I constantly get speeds of 15 KBps over here in delhi. Speeds differ from city to city, but rest assured you'll get the top supported speed with this cordless FWP. The only problem with this would be mobility, it being a FWP you won't be able to carry it around. If you can do with this then this is the one of the best phone for surfing available as of now. I also use it for downloading 24/7 and trust me i'm more than happy with it. One another plus with this phone is that you don't need to purchase the cable for this from reliance web world since it uses a normal USB A to B cable which is readily available in the market at dirt prices.

You can try searching in the forum b'coz we have discussed the speeds, pro's & cons of various phone models. Hope this helps you make your mind. One last thing, even though the manual says that LG LSI 110 supports only speed upto 115KBps, i regularly get speeds of 15 - 16KBps (140kbps approx.) over here in delhi, so i guess its not something to be worried about. If at all you don't get these speeds, rest assured you will not get it with any phone model in your city.

Happy buying!!!!

Thanks TeeKay, before reading this post of yours i had just called up reliance customer care and had enquired about this lg lsi 110. I ll have to give just Rs.2000 as compared Rs.3800 (minimum) for a rim postpaid.

Mobility is not an issue with me as it will be stuck to my PC all the time, but just one question, how about the FWT from LG, i had used that almost an year ago.

And TeeKay can this LG LSI 110 be charged simultaneously?

Does it support fax too?

Thanks a lot your reply really helped me out...

No idea about LG FWT, don't know if it would give the same performance. I'd say go for LG LSI 110, the reason being that i have used it and can assure you of a gud performance.

Yes it can be charged while downloading, there are two separate ports, one for charging and the other USB.

No, none of the reliance phones support fax as of now.....maybe they come up with this in future.....

and ya one good thing about this phone (LS110) is that apart from good speeds, the errors are almost nil, something not many phones can boast of....

Cool! Thanks a lot TeeKay and all members, i m gonna get the LG LSI 110.

Will get back to you guys as soon as i have it with me! :help:

I got my LG LSI 110

Had to pay 2000 that was non refundable

and 1500 extra for getting my platinum plan activated

the 290 plan was included in the 1500 rs per month

I just connected the phone, as the data services got activated today evening.

Thanks a lot again guys, till now the speed is decent.. i ll keep you posted with the download speeds, and analysis reports.

Thanks all and TeeKay specially for your advice..

anytime buddy!!! guess we are all members of forum to help each other, aren't we!!

Now this is really AWESOME!!

the LG LSI 110 is giving me a constant speed of 16-17 KILOBYTES per second!!

The best ever from Reliance!

I downloaded and uploaded a total of 1.4 GB in 2 days i nearly average 50mb per hour.

I am accessing newsgroups at port 119 and the speed is really awesome!!

The phone is on 24x7 and there is no much overheating problem yet.. i do put the charger off occasionally.

WOW

3 cheers for LGI LSI 110

Good to hear you're getting such high speeds.

Is the speed of 16-17 kBps on downloads only or is it download speed+upload speed combined?

I am using LG2030 postpaid for R-connect, I checked my speed of the connection thru mcAfee.com internet connection speedometer, I comes only :

File Size: 150.005 KB

Time Elapsed: 42.01 seconds

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

28.56 Kbps

(3.57 KBps)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is this quit correct,

I used with the same time with same system with samsung-191 set I feel good difference that is the speed is 82.32Kbbs nearly 9.3 KBps

What makes the samsung-191 works good than lg, I too tried with other system same thing samsung-191 proved to be faster than lg

please help