Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Shiva Bandaru

Is Instant Messaging Available On R World/wap?

:thumb:

Is Instant Messaging(to yahoo,MSN,AOL) available on R world/wap ?

(wap) what the cost on pre paid?

I want to know.

is Rworld wap same as GPRS WAP?

any users plese post here.

I hear Instant messaging Free on Indicom prepaid. is it True ? which handset best for all time instant messaging ?

Edited by bandarushiva

R-World is not good for instant Chat. Its not like GPRS in GSM

There is no more facility available in TATA Indicom also. As new phone like 6255 and 6235 also launched, it may be possible, u can use instance messaging in Them. If there Wap browser is not blocked by TATA as Reliance.

The WAP facility provide by both companies is same. Only difference is that reliance provide it through R World' R Surf option (Browser under Browser) and Tata provide through Wap Browser. I used it on LG AD 5000 and Kyocera 440.

The price of using WAP service is free in TATA till now and you have to pay 3 rs per day u use, or 25 Rs. per month in Reliance. Because R Surf is come under Membership plan in R World. Please also share which handsets of reliance or TATA u r planning to purchase, as far as Rim concerned many phone doesn't support R Surf. Specially NOKIA phones.

Keep posting for more at RIMWEB.

Thanks and Take Care!

Hi ! RajanPERT

Thanks for reply

I hear there is Instant messenger application avilable for download on Brew.

Pls advise a good handset below 6000.

my requirement is I should always available to my customers through yahoo&MSN/Aol messengers.

I have been connected to Yahoo Messanger using SMS for a while now, though not a part of RWorld you can send and recieve messages from Yahoo Messanger by SMS ... in relicance too. I hope u know this ..

+++ SMS is available on All handsets and this way instant messaging is available on all handsets.... I recieve 2-3 messages from Messgenger for free and then i have to reply once {this is charged@2Rs } to recieve more messages ...

Edited by coffeebee.3k3

GPRS is best for always on to multiple IM(yahoo,man,aol,icq) networks. and it is cost effective too at just 100 per month. (idea/airtel/bsnl)

you can send and recive unlimited messages.

Hello People,

@CoffeeBee First of all, Yahoo on Wap was available since ages. Search the Technical/Programming Forum.

@RajanPert, You are wrong Sir. Read the Link page carefully. It is Yahoo Mail, not Messenger. Yahoo Mail on R World existed since ages. One could easily access it via R Surf without paying anything extra than the membership charges. You too, search the Tech forum.

@ Shiva Bandru, The Rs 100 service is a WAP service and not GPRS. GPRS costs 450 per month. I have been using Airtel wap for a long time.

From what i know, Yahoo WAP was available via R Surf since long. But the messenger link on the Yahoo WAP page never worked due to some restrictions.

Hey wait everyone. I have tried searching the tech forum. But didnt get the topic. Dont know where it got lost ;) Any mods reading this? please help.

This was discussed in that thread...abt an year ago....

Anyone of you who wants to try this, go to google from R Surf> Search for Yahoo Mail au in the mobile web> Select the result showing Yahoo! Y! Signin. Thats it. Send and recieve unlimited mails for free (Minus membership charges). But you will not be able to use messenger though. There is however no such restrictions for gsm people though.

And ya, there are some free brew(.JAR) IM softwares for gsm users. But note that they work on only GPRS and not WAP. I guess thats one of the differences between WAP and GPRS.

BYE

:grin:

Is Instant Messaging(to yahoo,MSN,AOL) available on R world/wap ?

(wap) what the cost on pre paid?

I want to know.

is Rworld wap same as GPRS WAP?

any users plese post here.

I hear Instant messaging Free on Indicom prepaid. is it True ? which handset best for all time instant messaging ?

Yessssss! Under Membership in Surf you will find Yahoo link. One of these are for mesenger you can access Yahoo Instant Messenger. I tried it last evening & it worked like a charm. Still many pages deep but its not bad. :rolleyes:

Oh. Seems like some change has happened. Havent used R World for a long time now. Is the messnger in Membership plan?

Its under R-Surf, which is Membership

For accessing messenger replies, u will have to keep on refreshing the browser right?

I tried using the messenger in R World. I composed a message but was not able to send it. Just couldnt click the send button due to some reason. I was on Nokia 2280. Anyone else faced the same problem?

i am able to recieve messages..i can see who are all online..by refreshing the browser.

but the problem comes when i try to send a message.the person recieves this....

msg: $ and nothing more.

j browser needs upgradation. i even mailed them.but no reply came :clap: