Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
gdi123

Samsung Is Expensive

why Monthly Financing charges as 200 for lgColour and 300 for samsungColour??

samsung is the crappier phone with 4096 colors while lg is 65k..

if uve noticed, right from the battery, all the samsung products are more expensive than their LG counterparts ! the battery, the crappier phones ... everything !!!

all the samsung products are more expensive than their LG counterparts ! the battery, the crappier phones ... everything !!!

Samsung battery have a warranty period of 6 months only.. while lg has more ;)

but ;) LG phone is undoubtedly more hackable than its Samsung counterpart -_- !! hehee

thatz 100% true. and spares are available easly in grey market for lg.

so when i decided to go for second one i selected lg, even though samsung is lightweight, itz useless.

before u start ur discussions...one small note...samsung black & white handset is no more available...and samsung isnt that much interested in pushing their cdma handsets...lg is agressive. because they didnt have the market presence before tying up with reliance in india...so lg is more interested...samsung had their presence even before tying up with reliance....in cdma lg is the leader...with more than 5 million handsets in india...of that matter...more than anyother model...

do remember...variety is the spice of life...there should be something to compare ... anyways nokia is there...another problem with samsung is battery backup...very less talk time....

i think people liking samsung is a psychological thing.. since there are thousands of people around you using the lg phone it sort of loses its value, but there are not so many people using the samsung phone.. so you tend to like it better

yea i agree with GDI there...

People always wanna be different...

Other than that and the sound factor (Samsung has got a extra ringer) , I cant find anything good with it...

Bad display...

Fonts looked as if they are carved...

On a whole its a looser ....

does anyone have any criticism's of the rotating camera phone ;) i saw it at rww the other day.. looks quite bulky

Other than that and the sound factor (Samsung has got a extra ringer) , I cant find anything good with it...

Bad display...

Fonts looked as if they are carved...

On a whole its a looser ....

i guess thts the case only with their B/W handsets... aren't their Color handsets much better than LG color handsets?

well that is how the argument started ;-)

the samsung color handset is more expensive than the lg one inspite of having a lower res screen.. granted, lg 7130 does have its software problems..

Well wht i meant was that Samsung Colour models though have few colours etc, but as far their stability goes, they r much better than LG models... Hence maybe they r priced more... Coz whenever a model is priced more than tht of its competitors, they know for sure, that their model is better than its competitor before keeping a higher price tag!

I've seen Samsung GSM Colour models. And they look and function very similar to Samsung CDMA Colour model. Now dont ask me why such a big price difference. coz i dont know wht goes into making a CDMA phone or a GSM Phone and hence cant really explain the pricing! ;)

Well wht i meant was that Samsung Colour models though have few colours etc, but as far their stability goes, they r much better than LG models... Hence maybe they r priced more...

In B/W model also samsung is good.. only drawback is lower resolution of screen. but samsung build quality is better that LG. And samsung color model comes with a good Pcsync software.

And priceing is always company policy. may be samsung is not dependent in CDMA they have much market share in GSM.

maybe reliance doesnt order as many samsung phones so they have to pay more for them.. which reflects in the pricing?

Heres my take on the whole thing:

I have a Samsung A563 & my collegue who sits right beside me has the LG colour model. So I speak with a great deal of experience :clap:

1. Samsung is more expensive - undoubtly - even though its build quality & finish is much better it should be cheaper. The difference is especially noticeable with the camera models - the video cam model of LG is cheaper than simple still mode camera of Samsung!!!!

2. The Samsung colour model is miles better than the LG in most cases - buy the LG colour handset only if you need the extra phonebook space. (LG gives around 1000 vs 300 only for Samsung)!

3. The 4096 colour screen of Samsung is much much better than the 65k screen of LG - its the whole TFT vs. TFD deal. The Samsung screen outshines all other mobiles I've seen till date (GSM or CDMA)!

4. LG has more features & functionality built in but the menus are very hard to use and complicated. But it does allow more tweaking.

5. The LG keys really ****. Once again build quailty very poor & raw (points 4 & 5)!!!

6. GAMES - LG's games are better but not playable at all. Samsung -- what the $##% happened to your games!!!

7. Battery life - they both **** and big time --- overheating??? whats with that!!!! cant either of them make a decent battery. they last 10 minutes & can burn your hand if you use it long enough!!!

Conclusion -- Samsung Colour phone is better than the LG. I wouldn't recommend the LG unless you need the phonebook space.

But if you're going for the camera phones - LG RAWKES!!!!

The 4096 colour screen of Samsung is much much better than the 65k screen of LG - its the whole TFT vs. TFD deal. The Samsung screen outshines all other mobiles I've seen till date (GSM or CDMA

I'am a new member here but a old user of Reliance here and currently using SCH A563. I wholosolely agree with you. Even my friends have the LG colour handsets. While i was in process of purcahsing a colour phone i had a chice between Samsung and Lg everybody, had adviced me that to go for the LG one. I went for Samsung, but first what are the Pros of LG, simply by looking.

1. 65K screen Vs 4096

2. Light Weight

3. 1000 Phone Book Memory

4. External OEL Led, able to read SMS on the external screen.

5. Cheaper Battery and other accessory.

But now ewverything just washes off when u actually see a Samsung handset. All handsets, be it GSM or CDMA from any brand have a Yellow tinge on colour phones. Only Samsung gives u true colour. it's 4096 is much better than even 262K of LG phones. It's heavier but the built quality is exfcellet. I was lucky that my Samung A563 survived about 5 drops from a height of 1 meter...directly on external screen....and eureka.....not even a single scratch. My friend, was comparing the both phone and said.....see ur Samsung shuts the screen as soon as u are connceted. Now....really isn't that something inttiligent to do that u need not look at the screen while talking and save the precious battery? Samsung has done more in R&D than LG. After using 8 moths of these phones, i get a stable battery life of 2 days, with all that JAVA usage. My friend's LG goes as far as 1 day with the same usage. Secondly, LG instruments have Serial Port connector compared to Samsung's USB, now that's really to talk about when u are talking about 144 KBps DATA Bus. Ringtones sound a bit better in SAMSUNG. PC SYNC Software is really good. And for those who think lighter is the way to go.....than the feel of LG will be like Plastic where as Samsung will be like metal. And yes samsung body is scratch resistent and does not get brown unlike LG.

Thanks for the refreshing reviews anujit and rahul. I was having the impression that LG handsets were better than Samsung in terms of price and quality. But your posts have given me a second thought !

thats true. i have lg7130 and the fone s**ks. full of scratches. the sw qulaity is below acceptable levels and hardware is junk. battery life 6 hours if u use more rworld. samsung screen is defenitely better with even 4096 colors, i bet

can anyone make comparisions with the camera phones of lg and samsung.We know that the picture quality of samsung is the best (in both GSM and cdma) , NOKIA doesnt even come close to samsung.

:wacko: I am gonna upgrade from LG RD 2030 to LG Rd 7230 or samsung rotating camera phone. can anybody tell me which out of the two is better? :help:

In my opinion LG-RD 7230 will be better.

and R-World applications also run better on LG handsets.

Rworld is best on LG 2030. on color handsets aabove 10K conditions are almost same.

Rworld is best on LG 2030. on color handsets aabove 10K conditions are almost same.

14034[/snapback]

If u love samsung then cost does not matter --__--