Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
monster_mac

R Connect Problem With Samsung 191

Dear friends

I read thru most of the posts at these forums and finalized to buy a Samsung 191 as it delievers geat speed while using RConnect.

I got a second hand model which is in good condition. Battery also works well. I successfully configured it as per the instructions given. Also I have dis-selected TCPIP compression and all that.

Problem is whenever I connect using to net on my mac, connection gets established and it goes well for some 2 mins and after tht phone shuts off. It does not even make tht shut down sound !

It has been happening since I first started using it (ie since yesterday). As the phone is a second hand model I'm afraid whether the seller will replace it or not as the model is rarely available. I am yet to try it on windows pc.

I ll post update as soon as I get to it.

Plz help!!!

strange...

ur phone might be faulty.

check the unit with nearest samsung service center

sorry guys i posted the thread twice. It happened coz of connection problem. plz xcuse me. i don'y know how to delete tht thread.

I m somewhat confued due to ur second post. Please describe, r u want to say that ur problem had solved and it was due to network or connection problem. Please provide details.

Thanks and Take Care!

Please do not post double topic, because it gives confusion to us.

Edited by RajanPERT

No my problem is not solved. Let me tell some interesting stuff.

1. Later I tried it on my Athlon 64 bit PC. On tht PC I have installed Win 2000, Win XP and SuSe Linux 10.

It worked well using tht Rconnect software for Windows 2000. I got 4 to 6 KBps.

2. Then I tried it on Win XP SP2. Rconnect software failed to install the drivers. so I did everything manually and now I am connected. I get 5 to 8 KBps.

3. then I booted to SuSe Linux, and typed sh install.sh. Tht software started well. When I connected the phone thru tht cable, my phone shutt off!

I tried it thrice. As soon as I connect it to USB port, next second it shuts down. And shut down process is not like tht making music and then shut up type. It just goes blank.

Any clues>>>

Hi there

i feel its not a problem with the operating system , but the USB,

i have faced a similar issue before, where the phone would switch off or just hang, its a prolem with the USB port and the power supplied, if the connection breaks, or drops on the USB port, the N191 will hang, restart, or even lockup, have faced similar issues with my N191 before,

i will advice to use it with windows only, these days , there is a speed drop in reliance, so rconnect is working slow, it also depends on , whts the load on a tower, no of users acessing the service in a prticular area, try connecting at different tmings, during day, afternoon and late night, u will be able to make out the difference in speed ,

Thanx guys. I am happy with the speed on winXP. For mac, I guess I ll waait n get a kool handset in future. Heard that sexy moto handset razr will be made available for RIM.