Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Arun

Mobile services way below satisfaction: Survey

Press Trust of India

New Delhi, January 8

A survey has found that all mobile operators, both GSM and CDMA, fall short of service quality standards set by TRAI, with more than 50 per cent of respondents reporting problems while making or receiving calls.

According to the third National Mobile Users' Satisfaction Survey 2003 carried out by Voice & Data-IDC, in the overall category, BPL emerged at the top with an overall satisfaction score of 79.8 per cent.

Idea cellular came ahead of Hutchison-Essar joint venture by 0.2 per cent to take the second position.

No CDMA service provider (the technology under which WLL services were started) could figure in the top five; the survey has attributed it to their relatively newer operations in comparison to GSM players.

Tata Teleservices is at the top in CDMA category followed by state-owned Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd, the survey said, adding that in the overall category, Reliance Infocomm lay towards the bottom of the table with a score of 69.3 per cent in CDMA and 67.9 per cent in GSM services.

The nationwide survey was based on a sample of 2217 GSM and CDMA mobile users spread across 14 cities, including the four metros.

On the billing part, one of the most important factors in services, state-owned Mahanagar Telephone Nigam topped the list with a score of over 78 per cent in both types of services, the survey said, adding that most service providers continued to be way below the TRAI benchmark.

so its been proved now!!

well i dont know how they r going to solve it. whenever i go to another service area, for eg. i leave ernakulam and go to shertallai, which is an adjusent town, i get the message leaving service area followed by entering service area.

my doubt is this... if the signals are strong everywhere, and i enter into another area then would i get disconnected when im entering new service area?

i think i might have mentioned this before somewhere in the forum

the very basic technology of CDMA gives the user access in only one SDCA... so for example in Entire Mumbai there would be some 20-40 receiving stations(cell sites) of Reliance. So if my call was transmitted by 1 cellsite and i am travelling to another area and am out of reach of the 1st Cellsite then my call would be lost. and i'll have to redial to establish the call on the next cellsite... The same thing would happen when i am out of Mumbai and travel to New-Bombay. We get those leaving service area followed by entering service area msgs every now and then even when being in mumbai!!

Dear Sunil,

The reason why u get those msgs "Entering/ Leaving Service Area" is b'coz of the software indication at CDMA handsets while they scan the radio frequencies. I came to know abt this by my friend who works for Reliance. If u don't want to have them u can go to settings and deselect the service option to "NO".

Also when u switch between coverage area's, ur call will not get lost as i have personally observed this.