Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Arun

Invision Power Board Licensed !

We have now purchased a license for Invision Power Board (the forum script) and upgraded IPB to the latest version (2.1.3) today. Having a license would mean access to unlimited number of updates, which in turn would mean more features, functions and stability to the forum. Invision Power Services had released several updates in between, including security patches and we were deprived of them since we did not have a license. Now we can breathe easily and enjoy more features on board, especially in the run up to the much anticipated IPB version 3.0. Moreover, we can now request and receive official technical support directly from IPS incase any issues needs to be fixed on the forum. Even though version 2.1.3 wasn't a major upgrade (from 2.0.0), there are a few new features and lots of bugs fixed. Some of the new features include the Rich Text Editor, Quick Edit, etc. (yes, RIMweb has been AJAXed too !), and a few new features for the moderators which should make their life easier. Other new features include:

Rich Text (WYSIWYG) Editor

Allows members to easily format their posts, signatures and personal messages.

RSS (Really Simple Syndication)

Allow others to syndicate RIMweb.in contents by setting up exclusive RSS export streams from forums of your choice.

Multiple Question Polls

Create new polls in our easy to use interface. Set different questions for multiple question polls.

Member's Display Name

Optionally allows members to choose thier own display name which is separate from their log-in username.

Improved Forum and Topic Marking

Forum are topic markers are now stored in the database. Our comprehensive system accurately tracks all your unread topics regardless of which computer you use to access your account.

Topic Rating

Allows members to rate each other's topics.

In-line Topic Editing

An IPS innovation: Edit topics from the forum listing without a need to refresh your page!

In-line Post Editing

An IPS innovation: Edit posts quickly from the topic view page without reloading the topic!

Member Name Suggest

An IPS innovation: When composing a new PM, enter part of a member's name and IPB will bring up a list of suggested matches, instantly!

MyAssistant Re-Designed

An IPS innovation: A combined floating palette comprising of instant notification of new PMs with the ability to cycle through recent PMs. Instant "new posts" listing, and quick search - all used without a single page refresh!

Other than skin related issues (we have some work to do on it), if you encounter any problems in the forum, please do report them here ! :P

Edited by Arun
  • Like 1

Great work Arun.

Now let us exploit the full power of the new version :-)

I still do not see the online edit feature :P Its here and I love it. This is great for correcting small typos that come to your notice only after the post had been made.

Edited by Puneet

Cool man. Thanks Arun.

Btw, how much does the licence cost? And shouldnt everyone (who wants too) share it?

Or maybe we could consider a open/free messaging board?

Btw, how much does the licence cost?
Its a single domain perpetual license which comes for US$ 185
And shouldnt everyone (who wants too) share it?

Couldn't get you actually. Can you be more specific ?

And shouldnt everyone (who wants too) share it?

Couldn't get you actually. Can you be more specific ?

I think anujit wants to know if he (or we) can share some part of the $185 somehow.

And he says that we might shift to a free board.

still doesn't give a clue for me ?

Well, he wants to know if he can give you some money as his share of $185. I guess that is more than a clue now :P

His second advice no longer holds as we have a perpetual license now.

Yeah thats right. I meant whoever wants to should be able to chip in for the licence, server maintenance and the like.

It could be through cash, offering hosting space, helping with the maintainance, marketing and other odd jobs. I know the mods are doing some of this already. But others should be able to join in this as well.

Champo arun!!! three cheers!!!

Cheers

Ashok

Great Going Arun...

We now have official Support for the forums AND that awsome RIMweb.com thing at the bottom of the page.

wow now thats cool.

185$ :) = = Rs.9250 , quite an amount man...

Congratulation to Arun for this new one info.

Hey my problem which are related to Old Version, accessing RIMWEB by R Surf is finally solved.

Thanks Mate. Great Going.

thats really great the trial word has gone sine 4-5 days back and there was a asep[arate line showing licenced to www.rimweb.in

but the official anouncement is today and its a cheerfull moment that the forum is serious...well i conratulate not only Arun Bhai but all the members of the board as they all have been a great part of this journey till now......again congrats RimweB!

cool congracts on the new upgrade

new theme/skin looks cool :angry::clap::clap::rolleyes: *

* my only problem with the new skin/theme is

some members (who are rimweb addicts) have some othere ICON which is bigger then the normal one and so the posts look a little bit messy

like for eg RajanPERT is a RIMweb addict so his ICON is bit bigger

not much of a problem but just a normal pointer :)

Edited by abhay

Thanks guys for the compliments ! :clap:

I still do not see the online edit feature :clap: Its here and I love it. This is great for correcting small typos that come to your notice only after the post had been made.

Good to see that you have figured it (inline edit, not online edit !) by now. Yeah, both the Ajax based in-line topic editing and in-line post editing are really cool features especially for the moderators !

Well, he wants to know if he can give you some money as his share of $185. I guess that is more than a clue now :clap:

His second advice no longer holds as we have a perpetual license now.

Ah, sorry about that, I thought he was referring to sharing the license. And his idea of using a free messaging board *now* added to my confusion.

Yeah thats right. I meant whoever wants to should be able to chip in for the licence, server maintenance and the like.

It could be through cash, offering hosting space, helping with the maintainance, marketing and other odd jobs. I know the mods are doing some of this already. But others should be able to join in this as well.

Thanks for the kind words, anyway I do not want to go for a donation campaign. I'd be more than happy if members would spread the word about RIMweb and just keep posting in the forum :clap:

Hey my problem which are related to Old Version, accessing RIMWEB by R Surf is finally solved.

Nice to hear that, Rajan !

thats really great the trial word has gone sine 4-5 days back and there was a asep[arate line showing licenced to www.rimweb.in but the official anouncement is today

The announcement was done only after the forum was updated to the latest version, even though the license was applied by a few days ago. The upgrade was done by IPS staff.

* my only problem with the new skin/theme is

some members (who are rimweb addicts) have some othere ICON which is bigger then the normal one and so the posts look a little bit messy

like for eg RajanPERT is a RIMweb addict so his ICON is bit bigger

pls Add good looking Skins

As I've mentioned in my first post, we are still working on the Skins. Once the work with the skins gets completed, it will be announced in this thread by a moderator. You may post your issues other than Skin related problems in this thread for now.

Edited by Arun

i suppose my problem is finished since u have removed the "group icon" and kept it as it was

Hi,

Now I don't see the RIMweb logo on the top of the screen since the upgrade happened. The IPB default logo appears now...

Also, is only the default skin available currently? ...becoz I don't see any other skins in the drop-down skin selector.