Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
raj_libran

Ca-42 Data Cable For Nokia 3125

HI friends,

I just wanted to share my data cable woes with all of you so that you dont afll into the trap of buying the cloned data cables. I think its better to go for the original ones...I know they are costly but thats the perfect one..I bought a cloned DKU-5 cable for 350/- and found that my pc is not identifying the cable...I again went to the that shop keeper and got it replaced...but again that did not work..As there was no bill for the cable so I could not even return that cable to him......

After few days somebody gave me new address and i bought one cloned DKU-5 cable for 550/-.......it was sort of okay...The nokia pc suite worked with out...but I have to try atleast 4-5 times before I could get it work ....but this used to happend everytime I connected that cable.....I installed Rconnect and the cable worked fine for the first time and after that it never worked for rconnect....

So I bought the original CA42 cable and replaced the old DKU-5 cable.....and the original cable works fine.....even the net speed is 230 kbps......

so guys go for the original cables........

Thanks,

Rajesh

Thank you for sharing your experience, Rajesh. Yes, I did have experienced much difference when using a local data cable and original cable even for LG RD 2030. The local one did work without any problems, but the original one did make atleast a marginal improvement.

There was an extensive discussion on the cloned cables (DKU5 as well as others) issue around August-September this year.

As CA42 clones are not available yet so you do not face that problem. Original DKU5 are naturally quite happy with the Nokia drivers. I have a feeling that the CA42 was introduced by Nokia to attack the Cloned DKU5 industry!

Almost all clones use the Prolific 2303 USB to Serial converter chip, (The phones are serial, and hence the conversion is necessary). To make the cables work you need to install the correct driver dor teh converter. I had two DKU5 Clones and could not make either work. Then I got to know of this issue, found, downloaded and installed the Prolific Drivers, and have had no problems ever since. One need not install the DKU5_1.exe since I guess it is the Nokia specific driver. DKU5_2 needs to be installed.

Just remember that the Nokia PC Suite must be disconnected to make R Connect work. The cable may have to be plugged in and out of the phone before one gets the data enhancement connected message, but after that things are smooth. I have an interesting observation - while my 3120 (GSM) connects first time round I have to plug and unplug the 3125 about five times on an average.

The availability of the DKU5 is still poor. The nearest RWorld still sells the DKU5 only!

Raw data rates cannot top 120-140 kbps since that is the limit of the CDMA connection. faster rates that are seen are because of data compression.

Hi Rajesh,

You are absolutely right........even I faced the same issues with my cloned DKU-5 cable. After few weeks of intense R & D with that cloned cable, I finally came to the conclusion that the cloned cables can never give you a consistent Rconnect connection. I then purchased a original CA-42-Nokia.

So, sharing my experience with all prospective RCONNECT users, please go for the original cable (any phone brand), and enjoy surfing uninteruppted, atleast I am doing that till now. :lol:

Good Luck

Jaideep

How much do these CA-42 cables cost?

I purchased it a month back with Rs 1740/- from a Nokia Showroom.

"You are absolutely right........even I faced the same issues with my cloned DKU-5 cable. After few weeks of intense R & D with that cloned cable, I finally came to the conclusion that the cloned cables can never give you a consistent Rconnect connection. I then purchased a original CA-42-Nokia."

I disagree. If you are willing to do a little work (namely download and install the Prolific drivers) then things are OK.

Once connected the performance is flawless, and at the CDMA speed limit. No drops, broen connections, etc. So if you are willing to take the pain then cloned cables work well and save you about Rs.1500!