Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
peerbaba27

Port Cdma Phone To Reliance

Introducing the new Handset Change Card. Now you can change your existing RIM handset without getting your phone number changed. Just select a new handset from our wide range of next-gen CDMA handsets.Get the new Handset Change Card from RIM for Rs. 22 only , and follow the simple instructions given on the back of the card to activate your new handset.

Please note that the new handset has to be a Reliance ready handset, without a preallotted number.

To change your handset, follow these steps

From your old handset, please dial *229, followed by the pin number mentioned in the scratch panel above.

After Step1 on your old handset, from your new handset, please dial *228, follow the voice instructions and key in the same PIN Number to activate the new handset. (This step has to be done within 24 hours of dialing *229 from your old handset, else the validity of this card will expire). Your old handset is now de-activated.

Please switch off and switch on your new handset after 15 minutes and your new RIM phone is ready to use.

You will receive a confirmatory SMS that your new phone has been activated.

Does this mean that i can now get an unlocked CDMA handset from abroad and make it work on Reliance? I want to know how to do it and legally through Reliance India Mobile and get a proper RIM phone number and account. Its just that I want a handset of MY choice.

Please note that the new handset has to be a Reliance ready handset, without a preallotted number.

Does this mean that i can now get an unlocked CDMA handset from abroad and make it work on Reliance?

Answer: NO

It has to be Reliance ready, meaning its RSN should already be present on Reliance's servers. And handset should be burnt with Reliance PRL for locking and registering onto the their network.

Edited by amtrag