Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
ashoksoft

Rimweb Meet - II

Hey guys,

Rimweb has grown leaps and bounds in the last couple of months, we've had meets, and also this has become a home of sorts for many. It is the festive season once again, every moment of which we all will cherish... but think of this, there are many who are not fortunate to be really enjoying this time....

why dont we rimweb'ians have a grand meet... which is quite different....

let us have a meet where we will give something back to the society,

where we will lighten a few hearts,

and give a smile on some cheek!

Let us chip in what we can, maybe clothes, maybe books, maybe something what you might not use.... maybe a little funding, or even those toys.... for kids from orphanages / spastic society... or for those elderly people left untended for in old age homes....

I am not quite sure if things can be in place by the time this rimweb meet is organized... but pray as hell that it can be done... (not exactly very rich myself at this time ;) )

Lets have suggestions , while I search around for dates when this can be implemented and also organizations which will have it in place..

Blood donation drives are also not a bad idea...

Cheers

Ashok

Good idea.

I think we need to work out the logistics and work out a consensus on what we want to do, since all the people are scattered around india.

Each one of us ...need not come over to mumbai to do it... we could organize it city wise... For mumbai guys, I could hold the meet up..

But i guess we can have initiatives from every corner, and not just mumbai...

Come on guys! let the good times roll

Cheers

Ashok

i can take initative of haryana n chandigarh circle but dont think there are many members from here

HOT NEWS ... JUST OUT OF THE TAWA...

I contacted my Team leads... and guess what ? the moment I told them about rimweb, and the meet we were planning ... our team lead forwarded the message all accross... we might have lil more (REAL TECHIE) mates kicking in rimweb... and more importantly ... more support for the orphanages...

btw some of the childrens homes ... currently shortlisted are : ;)

Asha Daan

Missionaries of Charity

Sankli Street,Byculla

Mumbai - Byculla.

Maharashtra

Karmayogi : Sister Yvoone

Tel : 022- 23093591

Contact Person - Ms.Yvoone

Notes - Asha Daan is run by the Missionaries of Charity (founded by the late Mother Teresa). It is a home for 300 abandoned, handicapped children, the destitute and people affected by AIDS (HIV positive). It has been set up on a 72,500 square feet plot of warehouses of Hindustan Lever Ltd. HLL also bears the capital and revenue expenses for maintenance, upkeep and security of the premises. Medical treatment, food facilities & accommodation for dying destitute and handicapped destitute children. Has four branches at Vile Parle, Santacruz, Byculla and New Bombay

Contacted them... THEY HAVE 360 MEMBERS. young toddlers to old people... Lets have more support... Though I will try my best to contact everyone from Mumbai, if I am unable to message you, do ensure ur support by showing up....

The Visiting hours are between 8AM-12PM and 3PM-7PM.

Date of meet : 25th dec.. christmas ... 3 PM

The place is very famous around... for any help in getting there ... just buzz me.. and I will call u back.

U can contact me at anytime on 09322627465 or 09323515652. If I do not answer the phone, or if the phones are switched off... please send a message with ur name and number, and I will call u back.

and yes supernova, why dont u start up one for guys up north too ? ???

I can get u information about old age homes / orphanages etc...

BTW we will still have all the effects of the meet ... maybe at the end of the day we could have a small bash too ? what say mates ?? ??

Cheers

Ashok

Great going ashok, i guess there will be enough for this effort.

Let me see how much is there from my city.

and yes supernova, why dont u start up one for guys up north too ? ???

I can get u information about old age homes / orphanages etc...

BTW we will still have all the effects of the meet ... maybe at the end of the day we could have a small bash too ? what say mates ?? ??

Cheers

Ashok

i am ready for it..... are there any rimweb members here in north too ???//

Great going Ashok.

Wish i could participate.May be next time sure.

Hey guys theres one more idea y don't we held up a conference type that would comment and suggest on the working of RIM and RIP. may some day our this meet will infulnce Reliance infocomm and may be even Anil would join us some day.hows this guys. :lol:

Great going Ashok.

Wish i could participate.May be next time sure.

Hey guys theres one more idea y don't we held up a conference type that would comment and suggest on the working of RIM and RIP. may some day our this meet will infulnce Reliance infocomm and may be even Anil would join us some day.hows this guys. :rolleyes:

hehe then a voice in d background wispers "WITH SAMSUNG ITS NOT THAT HARD TO IMAGINE" :grin::lol:

TODAY IS THE MEET >>> LETS SEE HOW MANY TURN UP!!!

Cheers

Ashok

hey i wast informed about the meet today ???

where is it ! ?? :rolleyes:

Edited by abhay

Too late abhay... The meet was a silent one ....

The location ASHA DAAN - An Orphanage for the Mentally retarded kids....

Time : Started there at about 3.00, and really I thought we will wind up in one hour... but.........................

Members attended from rimweb : ashoksoft and chirag

Members who promised to attend : many .... each one with his / her own excuse. (a few of them really genuine)

Members from REDBLAZE : Antonio Fernandez

Others : my sister (Anjana) and Sayan Das ( a close friend, whose help I took to carry the clothes).

We reached there at about 3 in the afternoon, after explaining to the security that we had brought gifts for the kids, and after telling about Sister Yvoone, we were let in with the 9 HUGE packets of clothes, books, blankets, towels etc... initially we visited the office to meet the sister who was having tea.... we saw a real nice crib which was made outside the premises....

at first I just thought, this is just another orphanage.... never knew the kids were mentally retarded.... and seriously I do not call them that anymore. they were sweet and innocent, no idea, how someone could just abandon them.... ask chirag about it .. I am sure even he has some pleasent moments of it.

The place was well maintained, with cribs for each of the young ones... they had a playroom... with tricycles, mini cars etc.... there was a eating bay too.....

we met the young kiddos... and were playing around with them, wishing them merry christmas, when we decided to make it a lil more brighter...

just then I got a message from Chirag "Hi just got up, where are u guys, and hows things happening", I called him (yeah! I knew that he was going to get his tooth removed... and that he would be having a painful day). when he heard that no one else had turned up, (yeah I know there are gonna be millions of excuses), he just turned up bang!

we got choclates, biscuits and some toys (pong balls and kids specs, and face masks (santa ones)) and guys u should have seen the expressions on the kids faces. There were a few silent kids (real bad... no idea why did god have to make kids that way ... but real nice ones..)

there was this nice cute kid, who really enjoyed the choclates that were given to him, so silent was he ... that he was reminding me of chirag ;)

Then there was this guy named prakash, young, (maybe 5 years) and SMART! he walks up to me and looking at my Telson says... "woh watch aur mobile saath mein hain naa? usme tasveer bhi bana sakte hai naa?", (isn't that a watch and a mobile? which can take photos also ?) - TRUST ME !! I WOULD NEVER RATE THIS KID RETARDED IN ANYWAY!!!! he knows better than many employees from RIM also.

The silent kid was the most dangerous one ... as they always say ... "It's the silent ones u gotta watch", coz he happily peed on Antonio. Then there was this girl named shweta, who kept on hitting everyone.... funny though!!

Then it was lunch time, the kids were served biryani, with salad... and we took turns to feed the kids.... trust me they were fighting for one of us to go to them and feed them... it is not everyday that they have someone to shower affection on them.

At about this time a group of young girls (nice looking ones aged about 20-23) turned up with books and pens to distribute , and there was also an employee from the navy who had come to play with the kids.... and seriously it was a nice feeling...

Trust me guys who missed it ... (whatever damn excuse u have), u missed an experience you would not have liked to miss....

Sorry photography is not allowed at the orphanage, else we could have enlightened u a bit...

After that we went to a near by sandwich wala and had loads of sandwiches... walked a little and had two nice glasses of sugarcane juice... then off we went to mama mia's - a pizza point... with an amazing menu "Mama makes her own dough and bakes it too..." they had "prawns balls" and "screw pasta" they also had "Atlantic pizza" and "beef steak frankie" (which btw contains chicken) and a lot more. Chirag was his usual veggie self... while we munched on varieties of Non-veggie delicacies....

winded up by around 8.... and here I am back home (yeah we have a couple of pics too... ) will add them here after I upload.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Pics galore<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

The Orphange... it is the yellow building in the distance (sorry no photography near it)

ashadaan07rv.jpg

ashadaan10kv.jpg

My sister, me and antonio at Mama Mias

ashadaan26af.jpg

Chirag (yellow), sayan, anjana and me

ashadaan46qs.jpg

Chirag - Sayan - Anjana

ashadaan55lv.jpg

Lets party mood

ashadaan60om.jpg

The whole bunch of guys : Sayan - Anto- Chirag and ME

ashadaan81yh.jpg

Cheers

Ashok

hmm so when is the next UNsilent meet of rimWEB gonna happen! ;)

i thought u said all members will be informed by PM's before the MEET :angry:

Edited by abhay

Never said about PMs... but I did mention about the date ... infact If i concede correctly, there was a post with the date mentioned someplace.... sorry if it was not exactly in this thread...

I did call up a lot of people yesterday, messaged a bunch too (showed chirag the names of people whom i contacted too...) there was post by arun with the dates too...

Maybe next time mate!

cheers

Ashok

Hey Nice effort guys... ;) and a nice outing tooo....

Hope I'd ha been there in mumbai... :help:

V don't have a very enthu crowd over here in Bangalore... I'll try to meet you guys next time I'm in Mumbai... :angry:

Great going Ashok & Chirag. Could not make it sorry, dont wanna give reasons why. Cause no reason is good enough, but what can i say ................ i am at a loss of words, all i can say is that, me sorry mate.

We guys are Proud of both of you, Great going.

Cheers mate ... no offence intended... but yeah I expected a little more turnover. I did know that you / StaticElectricity and one person named Brendon will not be able to make it to the spot... along with a couple of others...

but I was thinking about the people I talked to over the phone... and many of whom promised to be at the spot on time ~!

well there is always a next time..... if guys are not ready for charitable moves like this ... theek hai we will have party kinda events, eat drink make merry.... next mumbai meet :grin:

Blood donation camp, i will be getting one on the tags by the next month, for a couple of mates from my office, who plan to start a local blood donation and Life Threatning diseases awareness programme...

Cheers

Ashok

Blood donation camp, i will be getting one on the tags by the next month, for a couple of mates from my office, who plan to start a local blood donation and Life Threatning diseases awareness programme...

GOOD JOB ! ASHOK !

IM SORRY I MISSED THIS TIME, BUT NEXT TIME I WILL SURELY TRY MY LEVEL BEST TO BE THERE...

Edited by Chirag

hi guys,

santosh here, i felt when i saw the pics, and details of the meet held at mumbai, no one invited me, or no message sent to me regading the meet,

anyways if there is some other meet, i will be 100% over there

regards

santosh gaikwad

but I was thinking about the people I talked to over the phone... and many of whom promised to be at the spot on time ~!

i ought to be sorry about this i had even picked up many clothes, but i had this class from 2 - 5 pm ..... i had promised ashok that i would come :grin: and couldnt ..... he must be grrrrrr ( for sure ).. next time i shall try and come. ( No promise - No Excuse ) :grin:

Chirag - here's my number : 98216 55495.......

Edited by Harshad

Ashok, do let Antonia know that he got to expect me to his home for that Home Made Fresh "Veg" Pizza! :clap: The way he went with his recipes every 10 mins! And that Cottage Cheese Explanation, i will never forget! :help: ... Sayan, was one more cool dude! It was good fun, ya! And i had never been to an orphanage or something, so i wanted to be there! Thats how i landed up there, even when Ashok said, nobody else had come over... Doesn't matter.

Yeah, we'll have some more "Meets"... :ph34r: All ready for the next one! Mumbai Guys, either u can post your nos. here or PM them to Ashok or Me. We'll make sure you r "informed" henceforth!