Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Shiva Bandaru

Beware Of New Entry Level Handsets

There is lot of news of Ultra cheap Handsets in media. both in GSM and CDMA . Ok.

But I Think These handsets have more radiation then normal ones.

Look at TATA INDICOM ACE . It gets heated when talking.

RELIANCE handsets also heats after few minues of talking.

I want to know Which hand sets emits more Radiation? GSM or CDMA?

Edited by bandarushiva

i think it should be GSM as these fones are operating in high frequency as

energy is directly prop to frequency so more radiation shlould be there but at same time battery (Power )

consumption in CDMA is more as compare to GSM what i found , so these are two something contradicting ,

what other people have views on this ?

:)

Check out this link:

http://www.naavi.org/cl_editorial_04/edit_dec_04_04_01.htm

As far as radiation level concerned, CDMA is the most harmless one among all existing technologies. Of course, it transmits microwaves while on standby mode, like other technologies do. However, CDMA technology checks 800 times per second its transmission level. Therefore, radiation level is 10 times less than GSM. Another important thing to point out is that CDMA system transmits signals only when the user starts conversation. Simply saying, when you're listening the other ends conversation, you are not affected by microwave as the speaking person does.

Edited by SexyGurl

Heating has little to do with the kind of harmful radiation we are talkig about. Although heating could be a result of it.

These phones heat up due to cheap batteries. The "harmful" radiation being described here is electro-magnetic radiation that a cellular phone (receiver/transmitter) has. FCC requires some radiation compliance. So you can check the FCC site for more details on that. Of course it is not necessary that the same model (manufactured for India & USA) has the same radiation compliance since we do not have any such certifying body! A.k.a its alright if we poor third world country SOBS get cancer! :)

When Handset is Laminated Or hav a cover it leads to heatin since no space for heat release to environment (like Sweater) :)

Hello Everybody,

I am a heavy cell user. From 6 yrs I have been using GSM and no harm as yet. But recently I am also using RIM CDMA, and it kills my head and ears. Even as little talk as 5 mins makes my ears pain, and if I talked for more then half an hour, I get headache. I have tried switching CDMA handsets, but of no use. Even handfree is of no use. Seems, CDMA emitts radiation around set in the sphere of 5 ft. If anyone as the same experience please do discuss it out here.

I think jigshot1's head has got used to getting high radiations, while speaking on a mobile.

It makes perfect sense (scientifically) that when a head so much exposed to high radiations for 6 years ... and all of a sudden you get a 10 times lower radiation .... the head will detect the abnormality.

... Something like ... a "real" chain smoker does not like caffeine free cigrarettes ..... however well, somebody tries to replicate the effect (... it's the caffeine that matters !)

I have been using CDMA handsets for almost 3 years now, and I have been a heavy user as well. Never faced such a problem. Have even slept with the phone on sometimes.

In fact I do not get how can a handset used with a handsfree give a headache. Might be that the people that you talk to these days give you headache :P

My case is reverse dat of jigshot1 & bandarushiva :grin: 5 min of gsm talk causes headache to me & 3 hrs of cdma continous talking dosent affect. :lol:

def. cdma sets get heated up which gsm doesnn't ... but i dont know whether this has any relation to radiation effect or not

The heating is likely to be caused because CDMA circuits have to do more work... That also is the likely reason why generally CDMA sets have shorter battery backup. The heating is unlikely to cause any harmful radiation. Though Im wondering - usable battery life is likely to be reduced due to both - higher power requirement and heating (which is bad for li-ion batts).