Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
reply2manish

Has RIM Started Accepting Non Reliance Handset

Man, how many times do you want to ask the same question?

wht do u mean?

ill ask till im answered-and it wasnt the same question.

som1 said flash ruim flash-and i asked how to do tht-u got pretty bad reading comprehension skills buddy-so stop commenting and do ur work.

no 1 asked u to read or reply if u dont like it.

Flash it with RUIM flash, buy RUIM / TSIM as called by Indicom and you are done.

Can u give some more info on this Kshah....or some one else.. if u know abt what he is saying..

thanks in advance :)

Flash it with RUIM flash, buy RUIM / TSIM as called by Indicom and you are done.

Ashok, if its Nokia, look in to settings using Diego, if not, use appropriate PST to see the diff. U can send SMS means there is no message centre issue (otherwise also its not there in CDMA) It must be some system settings.

Do you have or know where I can download the latest Diego which will recognise 6235? The one I have seems to be outdated one and does not recognise my phone.

Also could you please give us instructions on how to Flash my handset and what will be side effects?

Frankly I never did flashing as Nokia flashing require some special hardware, ofcourse there are people in bombay who does it. They can do it because they are in GSM servic and has necessary hardware.

ANSWER TO MAIN QUESTION IN THIS DISCUSSION

Do reliance accept OPEN MARKET handset. - answer is NO.

Reason - How else do you think they make money. Who would buy the Cheap quality Handsets of LG. RIM & LG have some kinda tie up. SO reliance is keen on selling LG handsets to aam junta of India in the name of increasing tele density & racking in the moolah selling 500 Rs handsets for 1500-2000 Rs. LG on thier part give most lowest grade of handsets & poorest grade of "customer service". (sometimes i wonder whether we should even call it a service.)

i fully agree with petar

Frankly I never did flashing as Nokia flashing require some special hardware, ofcourse there are people in bombay who does it. They can do it because they are in GSM servic and has necessary hardware.

will nokia service centre guys flash the handets for us?its our property so it shoudnt b illegal.....it should be our choice if we wanna use tata or reliance.

Who would buy the Cheap quality Handsets of LG. RIM & LG have some kinda tie up. SO reliance is keen on selling LG handsets to aam junta of India in the name of increasing tele density & racking in the moolah selling 500 Rs handsets for 1500-2000 Rs. LG on thier part give most lowest grade of handsets & poorest grade of "customer service". (sometimes i wonder whether we should even call it a service.)

If no one wanted those cheap LG handsets, why would they go for it when reliance offers these handsets to them?Why wouldn't they go for the kyocera or Nokia sets? Man, you may be able to afford high end handsets but there are millions out there who cannot. And for a very low end customer, there is a no way he can get a handset for less than Rs.1600/- other than through reliance.

U r pointing out the purchasing power of high end sets of d some people,wat d hell will u do with very bad network support of d LG handsets were people cannot get d calls in every low or below network area were Nokia & kyocera r getting d signal & completing d calls.Leaving d base model somehow,all d handsets having bad quality.In respect of rates, 2 bad handsets r ne time looser than one great handsets.

This is merely a Personal view.

U r pointing out the purchasing power of high end sets of d some people

No, I'm not. You are pointing out the drawbacks of LG models.I was pointing there are still people out there to buy those crippled (in your opinion) handsets because they can't afford a better model,people who don't need wap,bluetooth,IR,FM or any of those things.

mathew,

I agree that all cannot afford expensive handsets. But i m saying is they are getting is not even worth thier hard earned 1600 Rs... the LG handsets are comparable to CHINA quality.

As far as so many people buying LG is concerned - i already mentioned before. LG & RIM have some kinda tieup or understanding. thats why Reliance is keen on promoting LG to "Aam junta of INDIA". read those words carefully my friend, the golden rule of Branding by jagdip kapoor - "Jo dikta hai, woh bikta hai" Rim promotes LG thru various offers, makes it visible thru Webworlds & advts & thats why it sells.

There is no single offer like free talktime or money back or anything on kyocera or nokia.

Also, why has samsung stopped making low end handsets after "BOSS". Simply cause both wanted the low end market & Reliance chose LG over samsung. It shall be really intresting to monitor next move of samung to re-enter CDMA market.

Again, personal opinion.

& yea this is just cool discussion. plz dont get serious about the whole issue.

You are correct about marketing fundas etc...

But now the question is: Are LG handsets as bad as being portrayed here...I have been using LG cdma handsets and normally don't have problems as far as basic usage is concerned (i.e. only voice calls and few sms). Even r-connect works perfectly with good speeds. Network is OK unless you are a miner working undergruond in a coal mine.

And believe me...my LG handset worked throughout with full signal strength while travelling in Delhi metro in underground section (maybe due to some kind of ventilation ducts or whatever).

For low end users who just need to receive incoming calls and make a few ocassional calls, LG handsets are indeed OK (although not as good as Nokia).

amtrag,

yr own last line says it all. "LG handsets are indeed OK (although not as good as Nokia)."

& ye I m LG handset user myself... it works... but its not worth what we pay for.

But then, every LG user might have something more to add to this discussion.

So until i shift to another phone.... lets continue people. Guys read n enjoy.

mathew,

I agree that all cannot afford expensive handsets. But i m saying is they are getting is not even worth thier hard earned 1600 Rs... the LG handsets are comparable to CHINA quality.

As far as so many people buying LG is concerned - i already mentioned before. LG & RIM have some kinda tieup or understanding. thats why Reliance is keen on promoting LG to "Aam junta of INDIA". read those words carefully my friend, the golden rule of Branding by jagdip kapoor - "Jo dikta hai, woh bikta hai" Rim promotes LG thru various offers, makes it visible thru Webworlds & advts & thats why it sells.

There is no single offer like free talktime or money back or anything on kyocera or nokia.

Also, why has samsung stopped making low end handsets after "BOSS". Simply cause both wanted the low end market & Reliance chose LG over samsung. It shall be really intresting to monitor next move of samung to re-enter CDMA market.

Again, personal opinion.

& yea this is just cool discussion. plz dont get serious about the whole issue.

Hello Petar,

Reliance offers free talk time up to Rs1000 with Nokia also.

ok. i didnt know that. thanks for telling me.

will nokia service centre guys flash the handets for us?its our property so it shoudnt b illegal.....it should be our choice if we wanna use tata or reliance.

i wish to change my handset currently i am using n3105 with reliance.... and n2112 with tata.. iwish to swap it ... please guid me....