Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
sajokj

All About Lg 6230 - Neat !

:help:

Basically I want to know that, whether I can install applications on LG RD 6230 and Nokia 6235?

.sis and .jar? :quest:

:clap:

hi..

did u try installing java games and application on RD 6230 ???

will it work ?? hows the handset..am planning for a new handset...and got a confusion whether to go for RD 6230 or nokia 6255....

if we can install java applications from PC as we do with normal GSM , i think 6230 is a good choice allrounder... hope to hear from u soon..

regards

renjith

Thanx Rudra....will try with that...

Another neat way using MP3 to Ringtone Gold (for serial, pm me):-

convert ur mp3 using the software to Stereo Channel, 12000Hz,MPEG default, 16kbit/s to a lower mp3 file...........this reduces the file size to less than 1/3rd with an excellent output quality...

except rworld i have found nothing wrong in LG 6230. I will probably purchase it.

Has got better SMS features, Video and Camera + keypad + No Joystick.

LG 6230 is a no doubt good cell but user interface is not that good as nokia. please tell which movie formats can be played on 6230. Can USB cable transfer MP3 files to 6230; if yes which cable should i purchase. I'm not sure if it really has 128MB inbuilt memory. how can one know that how much inbuilt memory is left.

Sanjoe

LG 6230 is a no doubt good cell but user interface is not that good as nokia. please tell which movie formats can be played on 6230. Can USB cable transfer MP3 files to 6230; if yes which cable should i purchase. I'm not sure if it really has 128MB inbuilt memory. how can one know that how much inbuilt memory is left.

Sanjoe

Purchase all in 1 card reader.(abt 400/Rs.) copy - past from computer.

Buddy i have doubt that vedio file can be played on lg6230 because there is no format defined which this handset can play same as in nokia 40 series we can play 3gp and 3gp2 and nokia 60series we can play .3gp .rm .avi .mp4 .og and so on, but

i am quite sure that we can't install .sis and .jar files on lg6230. because .sis is only for symbian operating system(please correct me if i am wrong) and for .jar --- if lg6230 is java enabled handset then how to install that game on the handset.

Buddy i have doubt that vedio file can be played on lg6230 because there is no format defined which this handset can play same as in nokia 40 series we can play 3gp and 3gp2 and nokia 60series we can play .3gp .rm .avi .mp4 .og and so on, bu.........

Yeah I agree, don't assume anything in case of LG handsets unless explicitly mentioned.

So, don't buy it with an expectation that it might play video files as in Nokia sets.

hello friends, i hae an idea. We can forward ringtones, mp3 wallpapers through mms. share ratio can be 1:1 send me one and i will send u one. like this we can have a good collection those who have LG 6230 handset......any comments

I've tested LG 6230 with USB cable and its software from www.lgmobiles.com.

For movies lg6230 is a waste, it plays nothing what we expect no 3gp, .avi, real player nothing. It just plays its only format. Its Software does not support transferring mp3 files. What the hell they have made the phone and selling in the market. It just has looks rest all is useless.

If u purchase a sd card u can just view pics and mp3. I see no point purchasing it, I think I should have gone for nokia, though It has low memory but u can utilize it. U spend Rs.8000 mobile + 1300for card + 400 card reader + 350 for cable = Rs.10050/- and what is this u get........

Mine LG6230 is for sale absolutely new only 2 days old. Pls contact

sanjoe

LG 6230 is really waste.

i purchased it and after 2 hrs changed it with Nokia 6235.

I got 6230 for 7650/-

GOt 6235 for 7900/-

DON"T opt for 6230.

The reviews are of two extremes. One says it is too cool, when the others say it is a total loss of money. Can anyone write a full review on it?

Edited by ani_meher

Well it depends on what you want to use it for...if mainly as mp3 player, then it is memory size that matters most, hence Nokia 6235 could never match LG6230.

But if you want to play around and like to experiment with it, then LG could never match Nokia.

If its memory space that you need, then LG RD 6230 is the one you need ! Otherwise, Nokia 6235 is the better one.

For photo comparision between 6230(photo posted by Arun) and 6235,check this link......Great clarity in 6235.......

6230: http://rapidshare.de/files/10048737/6230.JPG.html

6235: http://rapidshare.de/files/10048794/6235.jpg.html

Edited by Chirag

does anyone have any idea of the software for 3gp to mjp video convertor. if anyone has any idea, we can watch videos on our 6230.

Mjpeg is d video codec then it must hav extension .Avi .that means u can convert d mpeg or vcd movie directly to .avi with mjpeg video codec with freeware softwares called Virtual Dub. :clap:

I think nokia is far better than LG in general

Hi friends

With the help of 512 memory card we can store 25 videos of 1hour each and abot 500 photos etc

in the phone we can't upload mp3 files. we can upload mp3 only in memory card. please check the attachment for more details about mp3 upload.

File Attached - Arun

RD6230_MP3_downloading_process.pdf

Edited by Arun

Thanks for the mp3 downloading process, shan !

LG RD 6230 is fun only if you buy a miniSD card. So it can prove costlier than Nokia 6235 if you need full functionality in your LG RD 6230.

LG 6230 is really waste.

i purchased it and after 2 hrs changed it with Nokia 6235.

I got 6230 for 7650/-

GOt 6235 for 7900/-

DON"T opt for 6230.

hi saurav

i am still waiting to know why did u opt for 6235 .... if u wanna go for card then u have no choice

hi!

Does anyone has any idea how to get SPC code for LG 6230.

My 6230 is just 4 days old. Since yesterday i dun know what has happened bpoth my i/c and o/g calls are not going. Can anyone tell what may be possible reason. Customer care says the phone is right and service center says phone is right. Then whats wrong?

san

try one of this . may be :

1. take out battery , pit it again n now check .

2. u paid all bills . it may be suspended if u hav'nt.

3. get your services checked from wwe . sometimes when u change handset , u need to restore services.

hey friends,wish u all a very happy new year.this is my first post in this forum.but i m a regular visitor.i m at present using a lg5130 set and want to upgrade to some better set.i want to know in detail about lg6230,but strangely nobody has yet posted a detail description of it.it has not reached orissa as yet and it may take another 10 days to reach here.so can anybody post a detail report?