Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ashley.james

How To Upload .mid Ringtones To Nokia 3125

Hi.

I want to upload a few ringtones to my new Nokia 3125. The ringtones are in .mid format which are supported by Nokia 3125. However, whenever I try to upload a ringtone (using Nokia PC Suite 6.6 and CA-42 data cable) it gives me an error message saying that the file is too big to be uploaded to the phone. On checking the memory status I found there was over 1.8 MB free memory on phone while the .mid ringtone file was just 6KB.

I tried several other ringtone files but got the same error everytime :-( The worst part is that when I tried the same files on Nokia 6610 handset (GSM), they got uploaded easily :-(

Can anyone help me with this issue?

Thanks,

Ashley

Try MobiMedia Posted in the Forum.It would Definetly Upload WallPapers & Ringtones Successfully.

All the Best

There is also a LIMIT for the ringtone size (I think its 4 KB).

So try to cut the MIDI file using PSM Player and then try to upload it again!

I did it and worked for me.

take .mid file in ur pc (small size).

logon to relianceinfo.com.

send mms to ur mobile number.

u will get this in ur mobile.....

then u set ring tone.

raktim

n.b. plz send me titanic .mid file (small) to me if u have

There is also a LIMIT for the ringtone size (I think its 4 KB).

So try to cut the MIDI file using PSM Player and then try to upload it again!

Even i am facing the same problem and there is no limit for file size as such, as i was successful in loading a file that had an extension .file and it was abt 10kb. I even tried to put this in the forum but looks like there is no1 can slove this probelm. Neither any1 could suggest any converter from .mid to .file

I think so the only option left if software updating.Lets c what happens I will try it soon.

Just remove d extension .mid & copy to d phone it will look like .file extension very simple answer to ur question. :)

Edited by amitbt22

I've been grappling with this issue for the past 14 months since the day I replaced my GTRAN handset with Nokia 3125, using PC Suite 6.4, 6.6 and finally 6.8. However, I tried removing the .MID extension only last week on PC Suite 6.8. Unfortunately I became a member of this site only yesterday. Otherwise I would have saved myself a lot of trouble. I also came across Logomanager's MobiMB last week. It is excellent for transferring files even with the .MID extensions. Further, while PC SUite allows transfer of Java games and applications only to the Applications folder of your handset, MobiMB allows you to transfer them even to and from the Games folder. Also, you can even replace the inbuilt tones of your handset, which you cannot access with PC Suite. If you transfer midi ringtones to your handset through PC Suite, you cannot set it as a Group Ringtone as it is not displayed in the Settings or Caller-Groups Menu. It is only displayed in the gallery, from where you can set it as the Default Ringtone. But if you use MobiMB, it is also displayed in the Settings and Caller-Groups menu of the handset. This is a very pecular problem I have faced. Further, I have been able to upload Midi files upto 25KB through Nokia PC Suite but a 26KB Midi file failed to upload. It did not say that the File size is too large. It just failed to upload.

Edited by sudhiracharya

1.Can anybody please say me how to set the tones in "gallery" as Custom ringtone (*to a single number).

2.When I try to assign a ringtone to caller group which is in the gallery I recieve the message requsted fils not found, but I can set it as a ringtone.(I uploaded these tones by removing the extension). How can I assign these tones as ringtones for caller groups