Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sumit Simlai

New Problem With Lg Rd-5130 Using R-connect

Hi. I just joined this forum, hoping to find some help.

I have been using LG RD5130 for almost a year now on my Toshiba laptop using an original LG-make USB cable integrated with Serial-USB Converter model LG-USBC1000-X with no major problems.

Recently I had a sudden problem when I could no longer connect to the internet. I could not even reinstall as the modem would not get detected.

I contacted R-Connect at Reliance helpline to be told to replace the LG cable with a plain USB cable without a Serial-USB converter. LG don't have a plain cable and they only sell the one with the converter and that too at Rs 1400 approx. I informed this to R-Connect at Reliance helpline who then advised me to buy a local cable from the market. They said they have been facing problems using converter cables and recommend only plain cables.

With great difficulty I found a plain USB cable from the local market and installed the drivers using the software for LG RD-5130 USB that I downloaded from Reliance website.

Immediately after installation and system restart, the dialer came up normally and I plugged in the username (my phone number) and the password (again my phone number). I could then connect with the internet superbly.

Here comes my problem now. If I switch off the Rconnect dialer and then try to reconnect to internet, the status window shows: CONNECTION TO THE DEVICE... and then remains there. After a moment, it would come up with an error: "0680: There is no dial tone." Re-installing did not help, not even using help of Reliance people. Rconnect department of Reliance says this is a computer configuration problem and has nothing to do with the installation or the driver.

After thorough checking, I found following issues:

1. Control Panel - Network Connections window:

Initially, device name shows LGE CDMA USB Modem. This is correct. I am able to connect to internet.

2. After disconnecting internet, the device name LGE CDMA USB Modem changes to Toshiba Software Modem AMR which is the main laptop modem.

3. Upon trying to reconnect it cannot do so and only comes up with error 680. This means the LG CDMA modem is longer available for connection and instead the dialer detects only Toshiba Software Modem AMR. Obviously it would not connect because the phone number still shows as #777.

4. I then checked the Phone and Modem Options in Control panel. LG CDMA modem is very much present and I can even do a successful Query Modem from the Diagnostics window. But for some reason the modem name disappears from the Network Connections window.

5. If I now disable the Toshiba Software Modem AMR, I am again able to revert to the LG CDMA modem and it works correctly again. But then that is not correct because (a) I use the Toshiba modem for my normal office work and ( :rolleyes: the other connections that I have on the laptop should be using Toshiba Software Modem AMR and not LG CDMA.

It is unfortunate that so many months the two modems co-existed and now this problem starts. Any help on how to sort out the problem? Sumit

First Check & reply that if Both the Modems i.e. Internal & external Modem r sharing the Same Virtual Com Port.

First Check & reply that if Both the Modems i.e. Internal & external Modem r sharing the Same Virtual Com Port.

Hi. Thanks. The internal modem (Toshiba AMR) is on COM 4 and the LG CDMA Mobile is on COM 3.

And now a new problem. After I reinstalling I am now getting 619 error. I restarted the computer but no change. Can't understand what's going on!!!!!

remove usb cable from pc and insert it again

i think ur labtop is not detecting usb cable.

and try to install modem driver manually

set the baud rate to 115,200

Edited by cracker

I did that. But I checked this on another computer and got the same behaviour. The cable I am using is for LSP 350T LG phone because you don't get direct usb cable for RD 5130.

I have been using LG RD5130 for almost a year now on my Toshiba laptop using an original LG-make USB cable integrated with Serial-USB Converter model LG-USBC1000-X with no major problems.

There is no need to change your cable as you say it was working great. Try to install your old cable again with LG RD 5130. Before installation, deletes and uninstall all modem drivers, dial up connection and also restart you computer.

Now install your old cable again. Check the connection. if you did not get connected, Please note the message you got there. It may be you first need to install driver for USB to serial convertor. You can search these drivers at RIMWEB. Currently i do not remember any link related to this driver. Hyd Ladka may help to find these prolofic driver. Hyd Ladka please help him to find that driver.

Try to install the R Connect again by the help of this driver.

Keep posting for more, and share your exp.

Thanks and Take Care!

Sorry I didn't make it clear but the old cable is already defective. The modem would not be detected at all which why all this fuss. Do you think I need to buy the new USB-Serial cable (worth Rs 1400) again and discard the USB cable?

Sorry I didn't make it clear but the old cable is already defective. The modem would not be detected at all which why all this fuss. Do you think I need to buy the new USB-Serial cable (worth Rs 1400) again and discard the USB cable?

You can purchase new local USB cable with some warranty from any local dealer. Warranty means you can interchange cable to next one if there is some problem is arise. I will not support for USB cable from RWW. Local cable may cost you about 200 only. After that try to install the R Connect again.

If you did not want to purchase for a new cable, OK, we can try on this cable also but chances of success are very low.

You can also go for a serial cable as describe by Dheeraj, but it will decrease some speed. Choice depends on You.

Thanks and Take Care!

The cable I have is a new one bought from the local market and is a normal usb cable without serial-to-usb converter.

The old cable I had was an usb cable with serial-to-usb converter that I bought from LG. That cable is now finished and I have thrown it.

I can't buy a serial cable because I don't have a serial port on my laptop.

I looks to be a case of COM3 (the virtual port for LG CDMA) disappearing after disconnecing. Look at the pictures here attached.

Try this First, try testing the modem's ability to detect dial tone and to dial by using HyperTerminal with the direct to COM port connect method.

For more info and help regarding Hyperterminal Use these link.

Setting Up Hyperterminal

Using Hyperterminal

Describe What message you are getting.

Also check your phone with some other cable if possible, it may possible that your new cable may be faulty too.

Thanks and Take Care!

Here are some messages:

at

OK

atdt

NO CARRIER

atdt #777

CONNECT

ath

OK

atdt

NO CARRIER

atdt #777

CONNECT

atdt #333

NO CARRIER

at

OK

at&f

OK

at&f1

ERROR

atdt #777

CONNECT

at&f

OK

atdt#777

CONNECT

at d

NO CARRIER

One more observation. You would have noticed from the pictures that when I disabled the laptop modem from the device manager the lg cdma modem immediately got activated. In fact every time I am responding to this forum I am having to do that. Are you sure the cable is faulty or is there some setting that needs to be corrected on the system? Of course I agree that the observations are same on two computers!! Quite perplexing!!

One more observation. You would have noticed from the pictures that when I disabled the laptop modem from the device manager the lg cdma modem immediately got activated. In fact every time I am responding to this forum I am having to do that. Are you sure the cable is faulty or is there some setting that needs to be corrected on the system? Of course I agree that the observations are same on two computers!! Quite perplexing!!

It seems that Cable may be faulty, If possible try to use some other cable. Try to make an simple dial up connection. for if you want any help in this regard search R Connect Troubleshooter in R Connect forum.

Keep Sharing

Thanks and Take Care!

Sorry but i cannot help you in this regards. Take a cable from some shop with some days changeable guarantee for some days. The local dealer may provide this, because in this time period we can check that cable.

One thing is quite right for USB connection that it has more problem then serial connection if some minor thing goes wrong.

Thanks and Take Care!

PS: Try to make manual dial up connection and share your exp with me.

Hi. I called RConnect department and those fellows are in some sort of dream. The guy tells me that he has never heard of a serial-usb converter cable of LG and this is the first time he hearing a problem on the LG RD 5130. He also says that the standard cable is USB and Reliance would not support for Serial-USB converter cable of LG. What sort of **** is this?

Hi. I called RConnect department and those fellows are in some sort of dream. The guy tells me that he has never heard of a serial-usb converter cable of LG and this is the first time he hearing a problem on the LG RD 5130. He also says that the standard cable is USB and Reliance would not support for Serial-USB converter cable of LG. What sort of **** is this?

Hi Sumit,

Welcome to the world of LG-RD5130 R-Connect woes!!! I have also been through all that you have experienced with the USB cable for 5130. USB cables with the converter works just for sometime & then some problem seems to develop such as port in use or modem problems etc....

Here's the solution which will make your life a bit easier....

1) Forget the USB cables & get yourself a serial data cable for 5130.

2) Yes, I can read your mind, you must be thinking that u do not have a serial port on your Laptop. Well, the solution is very simple, simply buy a docking port or better still a usb to serial port converter & plug in your serial data cable.

3) Go to device manager & see which com port your new cable is set, add a standard 33,600 kbps modem to that port, then make a new DUN connection ......That's it...you are logged on to the information Highway...

This will definately work as I am using the same way & ask the reliance customer care people to go to hell...

Best Regards,

Yunus.