Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
kshah

Firmware Version Of 7135

My 7135 Iflashed with MZ 1.0.44 firmware. After flashig yesterday afternnon, I feel battery performance has improved. I will post final findings in 3-5 days after extensive tests.

Unfortunately I forgot to note down old firmware version, Can any one tell me which is firmware versions of their phone?

My config:

Phone software:

MZ 1.0.44

PDA Software

SZ 1.0.20

PRL

how did u update ur firmare? ur self or the service center? the old info (atleast on my cell)

Phone software:

MZ 1.0.34 (yours 1.0.44)

PDA Software

SZ 1.0.20 (same as u)

PRL

1 (yours 2)

So thee pda sofware is same version, the phone software version and PRL are different. What does this mean? ya, and do keep us updated on your cell's performance.

OK, i have found these links on how to do this, on net. So it seems you can do it yourself, given that you have right tools with you. But can anyone tell as to 'why' we should do this? i'd appriciate the answers other than 'because we can'.

http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/showthread/t-21434.html

http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/showthread/t-21434.html

BTW, there seems to be a .29 version of the SZ. Have to search for that as well.

There seems to be some "changing contrast problem" faced by some people (not in india)

When I have my contrast adjusted about halfway it almost goes brighter every time I close and reopen the flip cover. If I adjust it a little more than halfway to the right, it stays OK. Wouldn't you know that the spot that it goes nuts is just where I want it to be.

Do keep us updated. And congrats on successful update.

That contrast problem was something even i faced for some time... but using dimmer sure helped quite a lot.

Cheers

Ashok

i dont remember where i had read about dimmer somewhere in this forum. can ashok u pl. tell more how to adjust contrast with dimmer . n is dimmer posted here .

Hi Friends

I think upgrading the firmware will be very useful, as this phone is now 3 years old, and the firmware which has come with them earlier will not be optimum.

Can you please tell me where to get this MZ/PST Software for download, I want to flash my phone.

guy wait for few days, let me see how it performs, network and battery wise. then I will send solution to all who needs.

hey guys, where are you all? I want you all to read document and tell me wether worth it or not as I am planning to upgrade PDA ver from SZ 1.0.20 to SZ 1.0.29

If all works well than you all can do for better battery life and performance.

BTW first charging after upgrade gave little higher battery life:

About 48 hours of total uptime and 50 minutes of talk time. Formarly it was about 36-38 hours of uptime and 35 minutes of talk time.

35 mins of talk time ? ? ? ?

I use my phone after a charge for a single call of about 90 - 120 mins without any issues ...

but yeah standby is bad (the jhol is to switch off the screen light when in use)

Cheers

Ashok

is it? then I envy you. Let me try light thing. I have seen that single call last longer always. Still I feel battery being too old has yet not been revived. It may take few other charges as I feel performance is improving with every cycle.

Edited by kshah

Today I used about 27:03 + 22:06 + 39:44 : 11:00 + 52:01 = 2 hours 31 minutes 54 seconds, of continious usage, spread over 5 calls , and I still have one band left from the battery.... just checked my logs ;)

I guess I am getting a good talk time, standby is okay with one day approx. and well I carry my charger around, so not really an issue.

Cheers

Ashok

Firmware upgradation is good, if its original firmware. I use to upgrade firmware of my GSM handset Samsung C100. The default firmware of the Samsung C100 does not allow us to upload/Download Java games to C100 using Cable/Wap/GPRS. But when I upgraded the firmware it performed better. I was able to upload and download Java games, can change the Font and size of the font ect... But If there is a single bug then it creates a lot of problem.

As I have not yer recevied my handset I cant comment on 7135, But once I get it I can comment on it. Hope will get the handset in my hand soon...

True guys..Tlak time is not that bad...On a single charge I am getting a talk time of about 2 hours on a single call + 30-45 minutes on other calls. Even then the battey never exhauted completely....Not to mention, I use this phone in roaming which supposedly consume more power. Of course, the standby time is poor.

Cheers!

Edited by basant_jp

Thanks a ton mate ... but when I try to run the "software download", and well detection of phone by Unicdma (as "Samsung") and by bitpim "other CDMA phone" is fine, even the PST detects the phone.

I specify the Phone Image, and SPC as 000000

Auto backup / restore is enabled.

Pic will be back soon

when i click on Start...

a box pops up like this

pic will be back soon

any guess what the issue could be ?

Cheers

Ashok

hey always remember to hide u r ESN.

Issue resolved !! thanks a ton kshah!

Installer was not installed properly ...

:clap:

Cheers

Ashok

I tried to upgrade the phone software using posted softwares. but it is showing me 'wrong SPC, phone will not accept any read/write command for next 10 seconds'. After 10 seconds, when I hit the upgrade, again it shows the same thing. I tried with SPC as 000000 as well as 111111. Why is this happening? Should I reinstall the KWSPT?

ani check your PM

I upgraded the Phone Firmware day before yesterday ...

Advantages :

1. Better battery life.

2. Better Network Coverage.

3. Automatic roaming resolved.

4. Bug of abnormal ringtunes resolved when in silent mode and message + call comes in together, and u silence the viberator.

Disadvantages :

Outcalling was auto blocked for sometime :cheer: issue resolved (could be due to some keeda I did with the phone)

-----------------------

Upgraded the PDA Software today

Advantages :

1. Better support when multitasking (appears a lot faster)

2. The main screen (Phone mode) shows Date / time / location.

3. Tetris seems more playable.

----------------------------------------

Other keeda kandi's possible.... ;) a little illegal hints also

1. U can change the phone ESN by registering ur phone as a Samsung phone in UniPST

2. U can read and write to the FS using Bitpim / Other phone.

3. Using PST for Kyo... u can practically do anything on the handset ;) anything u can expect a phone to do :D

Cheers

Ashok

Hey Friends,

Help me out from here... :cheer:

Make sure you have selected the "service interface" option from the 111111 menu. Were you in that mode, when you got this error?

it wont be done the way ani explained. keep Pressed page down key and press reset button in battery compartment. PDA will have screen with colored blocks, then put it in credle and reflash.

No yaar, its there only for a fraction of second & then Palm symbol Continues & it is not detected by the PST.