Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
kshah

Firmware Version Of 7135

read manual in PST

or better still, (that is to upgrade PDA software), keeping the down key pressed , remove and place the battery back... the PDA will be in debugger mode ... letting u to reflash!

Cheers

Ashok

Hey friends,

Managed to get into DEBUG Mode(Rainbow), but my phone is not getting Detected by the PST, not even in Normal mode i.e. Service Interface as well as DATA Logging Mode(DM Mode)..checked the SYNC Cradle with palm desktop Softwrae & its Working Fine Syncing the Data.Help me out Guys..Got stuck upgrading PDA Software..but had updated phone software with ease.

Disable PC-SYNC (hot sync - exit from that)

connect ONLY TO Serial port ... and not thro USB!

and it will detect!

Cheers

Ashok

must be connected to com1 not usb

I could successfully upgrade the PDA firmware but when I try to upgrade the phone firmware...I get the message --

'SPC given could not unlock the phone. The phone will not respond for 10 seconds.'

Someone please help.

I guess the solution I gave u worked :ph34r:

Cheers

Ashok

I have successfully upgraded the firmware. But the messages that come time to time are bit scary. Sometimes it shows 'trying to communicate with phone', n the above header reads ,"no phone detected", leaving ur heart in ur stomach. But all went smoothly (thankfully). The PDA upgrade takes more time than phone upgrade. The phone is much stable now, and the battery life is definitely increased. There is also a microphone improvement, ie the mic is more receptive now. Overally, a highly recommended upgrade, especially if your phone has become unstable (read my post "7135 blues").

I have successfully upgraded the firmware. But the messages that come time to time are bit scary. Sometimes it shows 'trying to communicate with phone', n the above header reads ,"no phone detected", leaving ur heart in ur stomach. But all went smoothly (thankfully). The PDA upgrade takes more time than phone upgrade. The phone is much stable now, and the battery life is definitely increased. There is also a microphone improvement, ie the mic is more receptive now. Overally, a highly recommended upgrade, especially if your phone has become unstable (read my post "7135 blues").

I reckon upgrade to the firmware is very useful. But these multiple posts make understanding the whole process quite difficult. It would be great if some experts who have done it successfully can post a STEP BY STEP GUIDE TO UPGRADING 7135, so that others can do it smoothly, along with the tools required available to download.

ASHOK, ANI are u listening?! :clap:

I reckon upgrade to the firmware is very useful. But these multiple posts make understanding the whole process quite difficult. It would be great if some experts who have done it successfully can post a STEP BY STEP GUIDE TO UPGRADING 7135, so that others can do it smoothly, along with the tools required available to download.

ASHOK, ANI are u listening?! :clap:

It's not that difficult, but as required, I am giving you a link. I followed these instructions EXACTLY, and the upgrade went smooth.

Refer this FAQ, before and while upgrading the phone. Also, one more observation from me. When you format your phone and then proceed to upgrade the phone software, it may give error while making back up. It did when I was upgrading. Just hotsync with any user name, and then proceed with the upgrade. When you recover your files from backup after upgrading, your username will also be recovered.

OK here it is:

Updating 7135 firmware FAQ
Last update: 12 Aug 2003

This is a suggested series of steps on how to upgrade your 7135 SmartPhone’s firmware. I would suggest using the PST software V3.4.39 for the current level of firmware (44/29).

I do not take ANY responsibility if you kill your phone. If you are not confident in your abilities to run this software then DON'T RUN IT! Take your phone to your provider and let them do it.

Some parts of the upgrade take several minutes, if there is any possibility you may lose power during the upgrade, then get a UPS and plug your computer and phone into it. If the upgrade is interrupted for any reason, chances are excellent you will kill your phone.

The steps:

1. Install the PST software (Windows only, sorry Mac peeps).

2. Backup! Use whatever backup software you are comfortable with, all your custom installed files and settings WILL be overwritten during the upgrade process so do not skip this step unless you want to manually reinstall all your important stuff.

3. You have two alternatives in this step:

3a. Prep your phone by doing a hard reset (press reset button and hold backlight key for a couple seconds, you should get a request asking to erase all data, select yes.) This will eliminate any possibility of a forgotten hack screwing up your upgrade. You're gonna lose everything anyway during the upgrade and if you did step 2 you are fine doing this.

or

3b. Deactivate any password protection or power saving software on your phone that may kick on during the upgrade process (VERY IMPORTANT!) Also disable any active hacks on your phone. Doing all this will probably take longer then just doing 3a.

4. Plug the phone’s cradle into a COM port. It is best if you can plug the cradle into a COM port that does not have any hardware devices associated with it. The PST software does not recognize USB ports. No, you cannot plug the cradle into the USB and COM at the same time.

5. Put the 7135 in the cradle and activate the Service Interface on your phone (Dial 111111, down key to options, select service interface).

6. Exit out of the Hotsync software on your computer (right-click on sytem tray icon, select exit.) and then select Software Download from the various PST utilities.

7. Your phone should be detected; it will show up a few seconds after the software loaded (if you plugged into COM1.) You may need to select a different COM port # if you did not plug the phone cradle into COM1.

8. Default tab is Software Download so then browse to the MZ image file. Also, leave "Auto Backup/Restore" checked. Hit start when you've summoned the appropriate amount of courage. This transfer goes fairly quickly.

9. Reset the phone and verify the phone version number has indeed been updated. I’d suggest you re-activate the phone (dial *228, option 1) and then update the roaming (dial *228, option 2).

10. To update the SZ firmware, reset the phone while holding the down key (the one under the OK key) for a couple seconds. This puts the phone in the mode for the SZ update. You will know because the 7135 screen will “go rainbow" the screen looks like a color palette. If you are not in the right mode, the Software Download app will not try to update the SZ firmware, but will pop up a screen giving the same basic instructions on how to get the phone into the right mode.

11. Select the SmartPhone Download tab (in the Software Download app) and browse to the SZ image file. Hopefully you still have courage left over from step 8 to hit start! This download can take upwards from 15 minutes.

12. Hard Reset the phone (may require hard reset) after the SZ update completes, check the firmware and verify everything is good.

13. Restore files from backup.

14. That’s it!

Here is some other stuff you may want to check if you are updating from really old firmware (thanks alanb!)

a. You may want to check a couple of things in the Service programming application.

b. Set your phone into Service Interface mode (Step 5, above) and start the Kyocera Service Programming module.

c. Connect to your phone (if it asks for the service code, it is 000000. should be the default)

d. On the buttons on the bottom, hit READ. This will bring in the current settings on your phone.

e. Before doing anything else, hit the SAVE button. This will allow you to make a backup of your current settings, which you could restore later if you need to.

f. On the NAM1 tab, on the Channel Range item, make sure it says US (The Alltel phones are set to Korea. It shouldn't actually cause an issue in the US, but might if you travel to other countries with CDMA).

g. Under ERI list, make sure there is a file listed. If it is blank, find someone to provide you the correct file to go in there.

h. On the Data tab, scroll down to "Idle Screen 3G Data Info" and make sure it is set to TRUE (this controls whether you see 1X or D in 1X capable areas).

i. If you want to change your carrier startup logo, you can do that on the SmartPhone Specific tab. Any bitmap of the right size and color depth (160x90 x 8bit) can be loaded on your phone from here.

j. The MZ44 firmware tells the network your phone is NOT ERI capable (which is why your PRL changed on the firmware update), so you will no longer get the Verizon banner over-writing your personal banner. If a future version of firmware changes this behavior back to full ERI support, you can change thbanners for the various home and roam states on the General tab, Roam Messages 1-6 (1 is home).

k. After you are done with any changes, save them to the phone.

l. After changes are finished being saved, reset your phone.

Please PM me if you have suggestions on changes, additions, or deletions to these steps.

from http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/showpost.ph...478&postcount=1

Take the copy of above FAQ. It's very helpful. Do the later part ie saving the settings first, and then go ahead with the upgrade. The phone upgrade takes hardly 5-7 mins, whereas the PDA upgrade takes 15-20 mins. You should upgrade both the phone as well as PDA firmware, as some softwares are linked to both parts.

Hope that was useful.

Hi ashok, ani, Iceman,

I have successfully updated the pda software hats off to forum :clap:

I am not able to update the phone software as the software download app says

"'SPC given could not unlock the phone. The phone will not respond for 10 seconds."

Kindly help

thanks

maylsamy

Unable to update firmware says SPC 000000 wrong please guide me--SPC given could not unlock the phone. The phone will not respond for 10 seconds.'

Just PM me ur email id's I will mail u something which might help :help:

cheers

ashok

THANK YOU----ASHOKSOFT---

you solution solved the problem of SPC. very grateful for that now my phone is updated thank you once more

Any date mate ... what are friends for :angry:

did not post the links directly, as the tool I gave u can be misused for certain jholz :lol: and I know many would love to fiddle with the unknown! :lol:

cheers

ashok

certainly ! :lol:

I am preparing myself for upgrading the firmware. :clap: But when I look at the whole thread, It looks like that the posts are a bit older and some of the necessary link are now invalid.

This may interest you all

download this file

http://rapidshare.de/files/11488533/b9339-...mz1044.pdf.html

Lets discuss your findings. THis will help us all

The link is invalid now.

for thoes who wants to upgrade. It contains following

PST 3.8

MZ 1.0.44 phone firmware

SZ 1.0.29 Pda ROM image

Enjoy

Need help? post here.

Link to download

http://rapidshare.de/files/11709004/kyocera.rar.html

The link is invalid now. I have found out http://www.mobile-files.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17853 which shows PST ver. 3.8.18. I think this might be newer than the above link. Also let me know if there are newer version of Phone Firmware and SZ image. If not, make the above like alive.

I have also noticed that many ppl came across the error of invalid SPC. I just hope I will get through it.

I'm reuploaded both the files for you now...

http://rapidshare.de/files/19942574/b9339-...1029-mz1044.pdf

http://rapidshare.de/files/19946248/kyocera.rar

There won't be anymore updated version for the firmware as Kyocera have discontinued service for this handset long ago. Good luck for the upgrade !

Successfully updated the firmware.

Thanks to Arun for uploading the files. Thanks to Ashok for getting me out of the glitch during upgrade.

After upgrading the firmware, the Speaker Phone Hack is not working. Any comments ?

Thats great Setu ! I myself haven't tried the "Speaker Phone Hack". Actually, what does the "Speaker Phone Hack" do ?

Speaker Phone App and Hack together are a program that turns off the

speaker phone when a call is finished. All that the hack does is monitor the key presses waiting for

you to press the speaker phone button. It then makes a note to the app

that the speaker phone is on (or off if you manually are turning it off).

Its a freeware.

Posted on this page on the very first post.

Direct download from here.

for thoes who wants to upgrade. It contains following

PST 3.8

MZ 1.0.44 phone firmware

SZ 1.0.29 Pda ROM image

Enjoy

Need help? post here.

Link to download

http://rapidshare.de/files/11709004/kyocera.rar.html

Would it be possible for you to kindly re-activate this link?

I have a very serious problem with my phone and an upgrade is probably the only way I can figure iut if its a software issue for a hardware one.

Thanks

There you go...

http://rapidshare.com/files/606313/mz_sz.zip.html

(PDA and phone image files)

You can get PST here:

http://dl23l3.rapidshare.de/files/16919122..._pst_3.8.48.rar

What is the problem that you are facing now ? Good luck with the upgrade, if possible "consult Dr.Ashok" before doing the "operation" !

There you go...

http://rapidshare.com/files/606313/mz_sz.zip.html

(PDA and phone image files)

You can get PST here:

http://dl23l3.rapidshare.de/files/16919122..._pst_3.8.48.rar

What is the problem that you are facing now ? Good luck with the upgrade, if possible "consult Dr.Ashok" before doing the "operation" !

A few days back I dropped my phone. Nothing awkard happened that day. Next day the phone started hanging and wiped out all my data. I tried a few reset methods but thing worked. Now whenever i do a reset i get the error message "MemoryMgr.c, Line:4415, Invalid handle" I have nothing stored on the phone, no software or data. I am pretty sure its some sort of a hardware problem but I want to give it one more shot with a formware upgrade as I have nothing to loose,

Any suggestions welcome.

Cheers!!!