Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
enjaykayb

Zte Mc315 Rconnect Data Card

^_^ I want to move to the Mac platform and the only thing holding me back from making this switch is the non availability of Mac OSX drivers for the ZTE MC315 card. A friend of mine is using the Sierra card on the Mac, but I have been told by my local Reliance Web World guys that these have been discontinued and replaced by the ZTE MC315 Cards. Having tried a demo of this card on my friend's powerbook, I found this card does not work. Any help / advice on how to get my hands on driver's, work arounds for the ZTE MC315 to work on a Mac OSX would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers!

Enjay

U got to wait till they provide u drivers.

Mailing chairmans office might help, do it.

Anyways let us know little about this card.

U got to wait till they provide u drivers.

Mailing chairmans office might help, do it.

Anyways let us know little about this card.

Thanks for your help... Well the ZTE MC315 is a CDMA 1X Card. I have tried this on an IBM Laptop and it works well... better than the Sierra Card that my friend is using on the mac actually. However this could be because of the fact that the Sierra card is being used on a mac (as officially Reliance has no support for this to work on a MAC. My friend got a patch from some user group in the USA) or the card itself. I am not sure as I have not tried the Sierra on a PC.

the ZTE apparently doesnt work. the sierra wireless cad has officially been supported on the mac by Sierra wireless themelves. the ZTE being a cheap asian card, lacks heritage and peripheral vision in terms of support etc. even their website is terrible and completely in chinese. a better alternative would be to get a PHONE and get RConnect on the freedom at midnight plan and connect via USB/Bluetooth. The speed and performace is teh same, teh only f*up would be carrying a spare cbale and charger along. but its cheaper and better if not as good. many people have managed to connect their phones. check macandmobile.com