Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
kesav

1 Second Pulse Rate

Guys,

Its time we move from 1 minute pulse rate to 1 second pulse rate regime.

Earlier it might be technological constraint. But now in this age it should be possible. Tata inidcom has already done it.

For people who make heavy number of short calls in a month has an advantage that their monthly bill will reduce by 25% if we move to this regime.

I expect you guys to join the discussion to promote this as a national awareness campaign.

I expect one day TRAI to announce that in India all operators should charge their customer per second.

They should thank Rimweb for campaigning for it.

Think Think Think

Why should we pay for the seconds which we didn't use? ^_^;)

Edited by kesav

1 second pulse will surely be a boo for short talks like 15 seconds or so. But think of long talks- it will be too costly.

Consider if we have to pay 3paise per second for 15 secods it will be ust 45p but for 1 minute it will be Rs 1.80 which is very high.

I'm not intrested in increasing the call rate just because to migrate to second pulse.

Suppose if the current call rate is Rs.1 then I would like to have 1.7p per second.

Just I want direct conversion of the current rates(dividing by 60).

I agree kesav, that it would definitely be beneficial. But, the very fact that cellphone operators moved from per Second pulse to per Minute pulse, got them getting their call rates down(1 of the reasons). But if it goes back to 1 sec, then call rates wud increase again!

Operators moved from second pulse to minute pulse. :confuse:

Its a news to me.

When were they in second pulse? ;)

not very early, dude!! they were all charging on a per second basis and moved onto 30 sec and 1 minute pulse, this is all very close to when reliance had entered the market.

I don't find any logic in the argument that "second" pulse rate will increase the tariff.

It should certainly reduce the tariff.

It should be the next best way for the operators to show that they care for their customers.

I've seen some times my friends looking at the call duration while making a call in order to cut at some 55-59th second in order to avoid the next pulse.

"second" pulse would help to avoid those uneasy circumstances for the customers.

This would be much welcome need for fixed line phones where the pulse is 3 minutes.

It would save tremendous amount of money for customers in the fixed line sector.

I don't find any logic in the argument that "second" pulse rate will increase the tariff.

It should certainly reduce the tariff.

It should be the next best way for the operators to show that they care for their customers.

I've seen some times my friends looking at the call duration while making a call in order to cut at some 55-59th second in order to avoid the next pulse.

"second" pulse would help to avoid those uneasy circumstances for the customers.

This would be much welcome need for fixed line phones where the pulse is 3 minutes.

It would save tremendous amount of money for customers in the fixed line sector.

Lets put it this way that whatever new schemes companies are coming out with, i mean al the schemes in which hey have reduced call rates have come cozz of the profit which they make when a person makes short calls.........

Let the operators also have some fun.......

Well, this is the reason why calls of TATA INDOCOM are so costly. I mean for a full minute call they charge 3 rs.

Exactly the point which I'm targeting.....

After all these call rate reductions which are going on currently there is no possiblity for operators to play the game further.

So I beleive "second" pulse will open up another oppurtunity for them to show that they're more economical than their competitors without reducing their call rates but changing pulse rate alone.

Customers will also will get the satisfaction that they're not charged for their unused seconds.

It would be a win-win situation for the operator who plunges in first into this regime.

OK So i Got your point!

Lets hope that "seconds" billing will be the next major turning point in Indian Telecom. But for it to take place, some operator should start "seconds" billing.

Tata started the seconds billing but they reverted back to minute billing. I think BPL mots still provide it.??

Exactly the point which I'm targeting.....

After all these call rate reductions which are going on currently there is no possiblity for operators to play the game further.

So I beleive "second" pulse will open up another oppurtunity for them to show that they're more economical than their competitors without reducing their call rates but changing pulse rate alone.

Customers will also will get the satisfaction that they're not charged for their unused seconds.

It would be a win-win situation for the operator who plunges in first into this regime.

Calls will be costly if the rate per second is quite high suppose 3 paise per second = 3 x 60 = Rs. 1.8 per minute

if the rate per second is low 1 paise per second 1 x 60 = Rs. 0.6 per minute or 0.5 paise per second = 0.5 x 60 = Rs. 0.3 per minute. It depends upon the feasibility of introducing such rates, and the talktime on the voucher may also vary depending on the rates.

Edited by vishald04

i agree with kesav.

All operators were giving 5 seconds incoming free when the mobile services had launched in india, nearly about 11 years back.

If we disconnect the incoming call within 5 seconds then that call was not charged at that moment. At that time outgoing and incoming call rates were Rs. 16/- per minute.

And the pulse rate was 15 seconds. So for 15 seconds we had to pay Rs. 4/- at that time.

But now as the mobile industry growned up, its right time to start the 1 sec. pulse system.

Lets hope for the best.

Enjoy !

Regards.

BSNL has 15 second pulse for its 325(cell-80pm & landline-120pm),525(cell-40pm & landline-120pm) & 999 plans in postpaid.

But the call rates being similar to reliance.

If there's a will there's a way.

I think 1 second pulses would be more expensive than 1 minute calls. Tata might have offered 1 sec pulse. But they charged Rs. 1.80/min!

Its like a buffet menu pricing. Theres value in volume to the service provider and the consumer.

And really considering today's call prices (except ISD calls but they are billed in 5 second pulses) I dont think you should be bit*ching about a few seconds!

Edited by anujit

I think 1 second pulses would be more expensive than 1 minute calls. Tata might have offered 1 sec pulse. But they charged Rs. 1.80/min!

Kindly read the entire thread before posting anything.

Atleast refresh your brain with forum guidelines.

You already have an answer in the thread.

Don't repeat the same thing like a damaged tape-recorder. :lol::rolleyes: