Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
BlueFox

¿r Connect Solution?

Hi all!

These days I have been looking at Reliance services and I found the interesting option to use a R connect card. I'm comming from Spain and as I am only going to stay here about a month, right now I'm having some doubts:

- What is the best solution? Adquiring an R connect card will be so expensive and paying monthly rental is about Rs 6000...

- I have sent some mails to Reliance and they told me that R connect services are only available for post-paid customers. I have seen that are also available for pre-paid services.

Any suggestion? I'm not thinking about adquiring a mobile phone...

Thanks!

as far as my knowledge is concern and as per their web site r connect is available on both pre paid as well as post paid customers. http://www.relianceinfo.com/Infocomm/Rim/r...fs_details.html

Nokia 2112 supports R connect, I am not aware about other new handsets. However in any case aquiring new hand set is must. Else you may choose to buy used hand set. SOme of forum member may have it to sell.

Any way have a nice trip to our great India.

Acquiring a RConnect Card would be useful to you as u'd be travelling in India. But, the cost of the card is expensive and also its resale wont be much! Either buy it from someone who'd buy it back from you at a pre-decided price. Else i'd suggest to pick up a good RIM handset which provides equally good RConnect services and it wud be a far cheaper option for sure!

Edited by Chirag

Thank you guys! Your inputs are really appreciated.

So I think I'm going for a handset... Any recommended shop in Pune?

As I understand the steps will be to adquire a handset, a data cable, the software (easy to get from the web?), purchase pre-paid credit and start surfing? I will be also taking a look at second hand terminals.

Thank you in advance!

I was thinking about using my personal mobile (Sony Ericsson K700i) but it does not support CDMA, neither a handset I got from my company (LG 2530). Handsets seems to be quite expensive to be only used only for some days as I can imagine when I come back to Spain I won't be able to use them there.... (900 band).

Anywhere to look for used handset opportunities?

Regards.